Suns News: The Offseason (2016)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JustWinBaby

Re: Suns News: The Offseason (2016)

Post by JustWinBaby »

ShelC wrote:Nice. A spin session. Because Xs and Os are overrated.
and Wooden told me so......
This BUD'S for us! - Play fast Play well - Go Suns!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

O_Gardino wrote:
Warren is looking more jacked.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JustWinBaby wrote:
ShelC wrote:Nice. A spin session. Because Xs and Os are overrated.
and Wooden told me so......
I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Shabazz wrote:
Warren is looking more jacked.
Coro said he looked swole. I about died. Lol.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Practicing actual basketball is dumb. Riding on a bike and getting sweaty is much better.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Practicing actual basketball is dumb. Riding on a bike and getting sweaty is much better.
Yeah, I think Wooden mentioned that in his book. :lol: :lol:
This BUD'S for us! - Play fast Play well - Go Suns!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I just get the feeling we're heading down the Terry Porter and Lindsay Hunter path.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think you guys are making too much of this. Honestly, taking a step away from the court and pushing yourself in a workout that has nothing to do with basketball can be healthy. Besides, he's back on the court in another picture.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It's not just that. It's everything.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:I think you guys are making too much of this. Honestly, taking a step away from the court and pushing yourself in a workout that has nothing to do with basketball can be healthy. Besides, he's back on the court in another picture.
No, In2. Don't you get it? You have to spend every waking moment in the gym while simultaneously working on Xs and Os. :lol:

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Why are they lifting weights and not lifting the playbook? Why are they going on a hike and not hiking up shots? Why are they going out for a team dinner and not lifting weights?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Never seen the Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, Cavs posting photos after a spin session. Just saying. You can talk about culture and togetherness and team building/bonding all you want. The results will appear on the court. This is fluff.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:Never seen the Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, Cavs posting photos after a spin session. Just saying. You can talk about culture and togetherness and team building/bonding all you want. The results will appear on the court. This is fluff.
Maybe because you weren't paying attention?

"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:Never seen the Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, Cavs posting photos after a spin session. Just saying. You can talk about culture and togetherness and team building/bonding all you want. The results will appear on the court. This is fluff.
Of course it's fluff reporting. The Suns aren't a very good team, and the PR folks are doing their best to sell us on a better season coming next year. Obviously.

But it's not proof that Watson will be a bad coach, and it's not proof that TJ Warren isn't putting in the work. (I don't think it was you that said that.)
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

It's not "reporting" at all. It's the team's twitter page. They're showing members of the team working out/practicing/doing activities together - which is what a team's Twitter page is supposed to show. You've got to be real jaded to pick that apart.

If they showed a picture of Knight and Bledsoe studying game-film with constipated looks on their faces, would that make people happy?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Shabazz wrote:It's not "reporting" at all. It's the team's twitter page. They're showing members of the team working out/practicing/doing activities together - which is what a team's Twitter page is supposed to show. You've got to be real jaded to pick that apart.

If they showed a picture of Knight and Bledsoe studying game-film with constipated looks on their faces, would that make people happy?
They can study game film with constipated looks while pedaling their bikes. Accomplish both tasks simultaneously.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Are people really criticizing pictures of guys hanging out together off the court? I get one liners to joke around, but it seems like people are legit mad about it. As someone pointed out it's a social media page that will post anything to do with the players. It would be like your girlfriend criticizing you because every picture on your twitter/facebook isn't you with her. Talk about hating just to hate.

For the record....I don't like the Watson hire, but using pictures of team bonding to make a case against him is stupid.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Is Talking Stick Resort Arena that bad ? Wasn't it renovated 8 years ago or something ?
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

They are losing concerts to other venues, because the big ones have a lot of trucks to set up the stages, but they can't be accommodated at TSR.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So, I have a couple games to watch from near the end of the season when I was in Vegas. Just watched the Atlanta game (Houston win coming up). Here are my notes. The Hawks announcers couldn't stop gushing about Booker. This was his 34 point game. I hope we resign Teletovic. This was the game where he set the NBA record for threes off the bench.

I don't think Archie is ever going to "get it." I think he'll be a career journeyman if even that. A shooting guard just can't get by without a decent outside shot. And he definitely doesn't have the handles to be a point guard. He had a bunch of turnovers in this one. The team played hard even though it was a lost season. Gotta give Watson credit for that. Speaking of which, he's got a cool demeanor on the sidelines. I never seem to see his emotions change. I look forward to seeing what the team looks like after a full training camp with him at the helm.

"Be Legendary."