NBA Draft Prospects Discussion

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: NBA Draft Prospects Discussion

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:Here's a question for you....What do you think, if you would even want to, it's worth to move up to #2 and draft Ingram? Seems like Big Ben to the 76ers is going to happen so that leaves LA at 2 and I've heard more then 1 person say they are willing to move the pick.
#4, Len, and #28.
If I am the Lakers why do I trade out of the #2 in a two player draft in exchange for a lesser prospect while the incentive is just a questionable center who is probably going to end up a role player and to whom I have no attachement, plus trash pick?

If you are not using Booker there is probably nothing to talk about. Bledsoe-#4-#13-one MIA pick and probably I still just keep Ingram.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Superbone wrote:If they like Sabonis so much and the draft is a crap shoot after 1 & 2, why not just take him with 4 rather than hoping he's still there at 13?
Because at the moment a number of players are much better prospects. If you are that in love with Sabonis you first try to trade down and pick up an asset. Or trade up from #13, although that's harder. At #4 there is risk of pulling a Rafael Araujo. Fireable offense. Not cool.

carey

Post by carey »

I know not many agree with me, but I am coming around big time on Tyler Ulis and I kind of want him as a Sun. I've seen some people saying he manipulates the pick & roll as good as anyone since Chris Paul coming out of college. If we don't move the 4 and we take Chris or something I'd almost consider using #13 on Ulis. I'd rather figure out how to move Knight pick up a middling first to take Ulis and also pick up another asset. At #28 we could get a defensive wing like Bembry or Brogdon. At #34 maybe this Danuel House kid.**

Bledsoe/(Ulis)
Booker/Jenkins/X
Warren/(Bembry or Brogdon)
(Bender or Chriss)/(Sabonis)
Len/Chandler

**(Side note: It's funny how wrong Draft X-press is sometimes. House's profile says he's completely uninterested in playing defense, but then there's this from a Celtics work out this week: "Cal freshman Jaylen Brown worked out for the Celtics this week, but according to a source at the workout, it was Danuel House who stole the show, matching up nicely against Brown and showing he has the potential to be a steal as a 3-and-D wing in the second round.

House is a senior who has good size for a shooting guard (6-7) and developed a reputation as a relentless defender after transferring from Houston to Texas A&M as a junior. He helped the Aggies lock up LSU star Ben Simmons three times during the season, as Simmons averaged only 12.0 points and shot 35.5 percent from the field in those games. He shut down another potential first-rounder, Baylor’s Taruean Prince, in December, holding him to 2-for-8 shooting and only eight points."
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
carey wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:Here's a question for you....What do you think, if you would even want to, it's worth to move up to #2 and draft Ingram? Seems like Big Ben to the 76ers is going to happen so that leaves LA at 2 and I've heard more then 1 person say they are willing to move the pick.
#4, Len, and #28.
If I am the Lakers why do I trade out of the #2 in a two player draft in exchange for a lesser prospect while the incentive is just a questionable center who is probably going to end up a role player and to whom I have no attachement, plus trash pick?

If you are not using Booker there is probably nothing to talk about. b]Bledsoe-#4-#13-one MIA pick [/b]and probably I still just keep Ingram.
I wouldn't offer more than I did but your offer is a bit on the overpay side. Ingram is not a transcendent talent. He's not Durant. He's clearly the 2nd best player in the draft but I don't think he's going to be a super star. He may never even be an all star. I think we're talking about a Bradley Beal level player but as a SF, really good just not quite great. Bledsoe, 4, 13 and a 3rd 1st rounder is a King's ransom for a player like that.

I also think Len is a bit more than you're giving him credit for. That said, if I had to place a wager on the Lakers moves this Summer I think they throw a good deal of cash at Ezili. He's an RFA and Hibbert is a free agent.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ring_Wanted wrote:At #4 there is risk of pulling a Rafael Araujo. Fireable offense. Not cool.
I don't know what that means. Please explain.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Superbone wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:At #4 there is risk of pulling a Rafael Araujo. Fireable offense. Not cool.
Araujo was selected #8 overall by the Raps and this is considered one of the major reaches in recent times. Sabonis at #4 could become a selection in that mold. Not cool.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:
carey wrote:
#4, Len, and #28.

If you are not using Booker there is probably nothing to talk about. b]Bledsoe-#4-#13-one MIA pick [/b]and probably I still just keep Ingram.
I wouldn't offer more than I did but your offer is a bit on the overpay side. Ingram is not a transcendent talent. He's not Durant. He's clearly the 2nd best player in the draft but I don't think he's going to be a super star. He may never even be an all star. I think we're talking about a Bradley Beal level player but as a SF, really good just not quite great. Bledsoe, 4, 13 and a 3rd 1st rounder is a King's ransom for a player like that.

I also think Len is a bit more than you're giving him credit for. That said, if I had to place a wager on the Lakers moves this Summer I think they throw a good deal of cash at Ezili. He's an RFA and Hibbert is a free agent.
Yeah I know Durant is not happening with Ingram (and I have expressed concerns before) but it is also about perception. And there is still potential for an allstar after all. This is the kind of asset you don't get unless it is a clear overpay, if at all. Or at least that's what I'd say if I have this #2, but you never know with GMs (ours included).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Araujo was selected #8 overall by the Raps and this is considered one of the major reaches in recent times. Sabonis at #4 could become a selection in that mold. Not cool.
Ah, reminds me of when the Knicks took Renaldo Balkman in the first round when he was a projected 2nd rounder.

"Be Legendary."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo987 51m51 minutes ago

Hearing Providence point guard Kris Dunn wants to go to Minnesota, will not work out for Phoenix or share medical records.

What? Does he not know how much love Coach Watson has to offer? He gives the best hugs!

No but in all seriousness this franchise is a joke. :lol:
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

djy2j wrote:John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo987 51m51 minutes ago

Hearing Providence point guard Kris Dunn wants to go to Minnesota, will not work out for Phoenix or share medical records.

What? Does he not know how much love Coach Watson has to offer? He gives the best hugs!

How do you know the franchise is the reason he doesn't want to come? I read that he didn't want to come here because we're already guard heavy.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Some of y'all are ridiculous. He also doesn't want to go to Boston, must be the coaches fault and they must be a joke too.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

This is such a ridiculous comment. Because Kris Dunn doesn't want to workout for Us it means our franchise is a joke?

Is Boston a joke too, because he's doing the same to them.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Reminds me of '02 when Drew Gooden wouldn't work out for teams below the #4 pick, or whatever it was. I'm sure not sad Memphis grabbed him!

We don't need a mid lottery talent in a week draft who thinks he already has the NBA figured out. I'll take someone who is ready to work hard and learn no matter what happens.

Looking back at that 2002 draft (I had to look up Gooden's name), I was surprised to see some similarities to the 2016 draft. A fairly consensus top two featuring a big guy with unique talents whose role in the nba was openly questioned, and after that it was just a crap shoot for talent. I wonder if we will see so many 2nd round picks this year turn into solid NBA players.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

OE32

Post by OE32 »

What scares me is that I think Boston takes Murray. Dunn has a lot of question marks - might not actually be an NBA starter. Hield may be closing in on his potential - is that an all-star caliber player? Certainly a starter, IMO, but perhaps not much more. Jaylen Brown has the physical talent, but don't mistake IQ for BBIQ. Bender... Bender. WTF is Bender?

That leaves us with our choice of Bender or Chriss. But Sabonis is the guy I believe we really covet - not the flashiest player, but a guy who will win basketball games.

I'm with Carey on Ulis. I'd consider him at 13 - higher than anyone has him pegged. I'd love to walk away from this draft with Sabonis and Ulis. These guys are winners. And because of their physical attributes, they're undervalued.

#13 should be sufficient to take Sabonis, but maybe we trade down to #9 or so to guarantee it. A pick in the late teens should get you Ulis. Is there a way to trade down in order to add a rotation player on a long-term deal?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

If you watch the Sabonis interview, he'd love to be here. And his dad is an all-world player. They don't think Phoenix is a joke. He is totally aware of our lack of signed power forwards.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

OE32 wrote:Is there a way to trade down in order to add a rotation player on a long-term deal?
I think you can do something like #4 & Tucker for #8 and Gay.

Come out of it with a starting 5 of Bledsoe-Booker-Gay-Sabonis-Len with a bench of Ulis-Jenkins-Warren-?-Chandler. Not the best team but I think we need one more year with a high draft pick. The Booker-Sabonis 2-man game and Ulis-Warren 2-man game could be very interesting for opponents to defend. 2 totally different looks. Both guards can pass and shoot one big can score in the post and pass. One wing can slash and shoot. Fun to think about.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

OE32 wrote:Bender... Bender. WTF is Bender?
When he hits a 3, they can play a few bars of the Futurama theme in the Arena.

carey

Post by carey »

If they don't play "bite my shiny metal ass" then why even draft him.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

OE32 wrote:The Suns will draft Sabonis. It's a done deal. He got the dinner.
Where is that coming from?
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'd love to add ready to play hard working high IQ players like Hield and Sabonis. Yeah their ceiling might not be the highest, but their floor is high and we need smart productive players any way we can get them.