NBA Draft Prospects Discussion

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
djy2j

Re: NBA Draft Prospects Discussion

Post by djy2j »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
djy2j wrote:John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo987 51m51 minutes ago

Hearing Providence point guard Kris Dunn wants to go to Minnesota, will not work out for Phoenix or share medical records.

What? Does he not know how much love Coach Watson has to offer? He gives the best hugs!

No but in all seriousness this franchise is a joke. :lol:
This is such a ridiculous comment. Because Kris Dunn doesn't want to workout for Us it means our franchise is a joke?

Is Boston a joke too, because he's doing the same to them.
You can be upset about this comment all you want. The point is,this is a weak draft and we have the 4th pick ( which means a players earns 4.7 million dollars first year salary.) There are players in a weak draft that wont play for the Suns for 4.7 million guaranteed dollars. You can pretend it's not a big deal. Guard heavy or not this franchise is a the laughing stock of the NBA. Used to be the 76ers but now they have a guy with credibility running things (Colangelo). The Suns have Sarver and a bunch of question marks and everyone knows it. 4th pick in the draft and a guy like Kris Dunn wont workout. Ha! I love my Suns but this is the most troubled franchise in the league.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

OE32

Post by OE32 »

INFORMER wrote:
OE32 wrote:The Suns will draft Sabonis. It's a done deal. He got the dinner.
Where is that coming from?
Scroll down to the interview with Pat Connelly: http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2016/ ... ake-center

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

djy2j wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:
djy2j wrote:John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo987 51m51 minutes ago

Hearing Providence point guard Kris Dunn wants to go to Minnesota, will not work out for Phoenix or share medical records.

What? Does he not know how much love Coach Watson has to offer? He gives the best hugs!

No but in all seriousness this franchise is a joke. :lol:
This is such a ridiculous comment. Because Kris Dunn doesn't want to workout for Us it means our franchise is a joke?

Is Boston a joke too, because he's doing the same to them.
You can be upset about this comment all you want. The point is,this is a weak draft and we have the 4th pick ( which means a players earns 4.7 million dollars first year salary.) There are players in a weak draft that wont play for the Suns for 4.7 million guaranteed dollars. You can pretend it's not a big deal. Guard heavy or not this franchise is a the laughing stock of the NBA. Used to be the 76ers but now they have a guy with credibility running things (Colangelo). The Suns have Sarver and a bunch of question marks and everyone knows it. 4th pick in the draft and a guy like Kris Dunn wont workout. Ha! I love my Suns but this is the most troubled franchise in the league.
Your opinion isn't the thing I was saying ridiculous. It's the fact that you think Kris Dunn's comment has anything to do with the state of our franchise or wins and losses. I hihgly doubt it does when you consider who else he said this about.

Most Sixer fans were not happy about Bryan colangelo being hired. He's already talking about a ridiculous Teague for Noel deal. That would be awful.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Is the dinner thing true? That's really interesting if so. I can't imagine the suns tipping their hand like that though and only taking 1 prospect to dinner every year.
Could it be that the promise Sabonis has is from the Suns? It would make sense to a certain extent, the pf position is wide open. And Sabonis is a pf in the NBA, not a center.

I would be very happy with Sabonis at #13. He is a player that I would love to watch. He plays with intelligence, energy, and alot of passion. He would be like having at much better Lou or a 6-11 Dan Majerle. If he adds an outside shot, he will be very useful. Sabonis is a very hard working defender who understands defensive fundamentals. He has quick feet even if he does not have the vertical leap. He is an aggressive and effective rebounder and he has excellent footwork in the post. If he can add a jump shot, he could be a Kevin Love type of player with D.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm officially on the Sabonis bandwagon. Ger 'er done!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

djy2j wrote:4I love my Suns but this is the most troubled franchise in the league.
I'm on board with the pessimism, but don't forget about the Kings and Nets.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Cap

Post by Cap »

O_Gardino wrote:
djy2j wrote:4I love my Suns but this is the most troubled franchise in the league.
I'm on board with the pessimism, but don't forget about the Kings and Nets.
Oh, yay. We're only one of the most troubled franchises in the league.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Superbone wrote:I'm officially on the Sabonis bandwagon. Ger 'er done!
Sabonis has a better outside shot than most give him credit for. He is really consistent out to 18 feet. I see no reason why he could not extend that further. Gonzaga already had stretch big, so that was not his role there. If he can shoot out to the three, rebound (averaged 14 through his college career), play hard nosed D, and then he also has that wonderful footwork in the post.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

My Picks, in order of availability

#4 - Jamal Murray, Dragan Bender, Buddy Hield

# 13 - Domantas Sabonis, Brice Johnson, Deyonta Davis

#28 - Timothe Luwawu, Thon Maker, Dejounte Murray
This BUD'S for us! - Play fast Play well - Go Suns!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I think Chriss at #4 has the potential to be a huge mistake.

carey

Post by carey »

Shabazz wrote:I think Chriss at #4 has the potential to be a huge mistake.
Don't forget it's draft time. I advise all of us to approach anything we see reported between now and June 23rd with a heavy dose of skepticism. It could very well be McDonough trying to bait Boston into taking Chriss so Bender drops. Who knows?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Including Sabonis at the #4 pick? Where would you take him?

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
Shabazz wrote:I think Chriss at #4 has the potential to be a huge mistake.
Don't forget it's draft time. I advise all of us to approach anything we see reported between now and June 23rd with a heavy dose of skepticism. It could very well be McDonough trying to bait Boston into taking Chriss so Bender drops. Who knows?
I'd be bummed with either one at 4.

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

JustWinBaby wrote:My Picks, in order of availability

I like your picks.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Including Sabonis at the #4 pick? Where would you take him?
Whatever it takes. It's tricky though, isn't it? We don't know if he'll last to 13. If we can trade #4 down for value to a position we think he'll still be available, great. If not, and you like him enough, sure, take him 4th.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

gosuns wrote:

I like your picks.
Explain to me the appeal of Jamal Murray, he's a good shooter, but I don't see how he makes sense for us with Booker and Knight on the roster. If we move knight, I guess he makes some sense, but why not just take Buddy, he's an even better shooter.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:
gosuns wrote:

I like your picks.
Explain to me the appeal of Jamal Murray, he's a good shooter, but I don't see how he makes sense for us with Booker and Knight on the roster. If we move knight, I guess he makes some sense, but why not just take Buddy, he's an even better shooter.
Murray is very young and already delivered at college. Mere projects don't do that. Neither is an outstanding athlete. Hield's angle is his work ethic, besides shot making and could be seen the safer bet. To me, if I knew Hield can defend PGs, I'd put him ahead but that's a stretch at best. Murray actually could be the next relevant Celtic. Hield should have some teams drooling as well. 76rs alongside Simmons, Minni, NOP and say Gordon goodbye...

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote: Explain to me the appeal of Jamal Murray, he's a good shooter, but I don't see how he makes sense for us with Booker and Knight on the roster. If we move knight, I guess he makes some sense, but why not just take Buddy, he's an even better shooter.
I think the idea is that Murray is so young, that in 3 years he could possibly be twice as good as Hield is now. I'm leaning towards Hield though. I don't care so much that he's 22. He'll be square in his prime when we're (hopefully) making playoff runs.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What is the argument for Bender over Sabonis? Why do people like the one so much more than the other? Is it outside shooting? Athleticism? "potential"?