Around the League: May 2014

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Around the League: May 2014

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m
Posting now on ESPN: Vinny Del Negro has emerged as a serious candidate for Wolves job. Story on way momentarily
2 second-rounders it is, then.
Wait...what?!?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

'bazz is saying if they hire Del Negro it will guarantee that the Wolves will never make it out of the lottery, thus rendering the pick owed to the Suns into 2 second rounders.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LMAO @ his candidacy. He's a nightmare. But VDN or no VDN, the Wolves aren't going to be a playoff team for years to come.

At what point does our Minny 1st rounder become the two 2nd-rounders? How many years do they have to make the playoffs?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think the Clippers only won one more game this year, verses last year. I'm not sure that they were that much better with the Almighty Doc. So, maybe VDN wasn't as bad as everyone thought. They do say that it takes coaches about 5 years until they really hit their stride. I feel like I'm being the devil's advocate.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Del Negro is just like Mark Jackson, Lionel Hollins, and George Karl. None of their dismissals had anything to do with not winning games.

Del Negro just wasn't liked. Still, Doc Rivers has gotten more out of Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Was it Doc or was it a natural maturation of those players and would have happened anyway?

I think sometimes this comes down to dogmatic views of players involved. Some players feel like they can only win one way, so they refuse to buy into what the coach is saying if it goes against that dogma.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:Was it Doc or was it a natural maturation of those players and would have happened anyway?

I think sometimes this comes down to dogmatic views of players involved. Some players feel like they can only win one way, so they refuse to buy into what the coach is saying if it goes against that dogma.
It was Doc. Griffin peaked in his first season and was plateauing. Jordan was abysmal last year.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'll take your word for it. I haven't been able to watch much since the Suns left My45.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:They do say that it takes coaches about 5 years until they really hit their stride.
Cool. I can't wait to see how Hornacek is doing in four more years.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think Doc had the Clips much better prepared than last year, particularly their big men. They lost out to OKC, but they are a scary team and will be again next year. Don't be surprised if they have the #1 or #2 record in the West next year and if they're fighting in the WCFs.

Captain Marv-el

Should Iman Shumpert Be Fined by New York

Post by Captain Marv-el »

Should Iman Shumpert Be Fined by New York OR by the NBA for making this occult filled "Chiraq" remix. Video is full of satanic ritual symbols, but raps about sneakers? IDK breh, keep ya day job. Wonder how Adam Silver feels about this?

http://youtu.be/q3-wSsvNytU :?
$HAϟAM

Hiphop Family Treeϟ Roots

Captain Marv-el

Δ This is why I think THE NBA is Fixed

Where Im from, & I love and Respect Hip-Hop or Hiphop, and like KRS-ONE teaches
Rap is something you do, Hip-Hop is something you live
... Where Im from, we dont live like that, We dont play with "#kids" from other people, We dont got alot of money▼ So I can understand when a COP gets a little frustrated with a kid wanna get COCKY, but thing is, I still think the Cop hit the wrong BOY

'I am the 99%'
$HAϟAM

TOO

Post by TOO »

Captain Marv-el

Iman Shumpert like is greedy and isnt a sun and i dont want him to be a sun

he likes to kill and black magic
I dont like BLACK magic

and Im not talking about magic johnson

I got no beef with people who like magic either

but I like Jesus and Buddah

Iman like money and braggin

Archie he like being a kid
$HAϟAM

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Are you a conspiracy theorist? Why should anyone be fined for the type of video they make? Thats as ridiculous as someone losing their livelihood and property for their private comments. OH wait.......

TOO

Post by TOO »

So basketball...?

Captain Marv-el

the conversation was last about Archie Goodwin from what I remember

I am open to new topics tho too

Here
Topic: 'Kevin Love visits Boston '

Fromhttp://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showth ... p?t=339755
$HAϟAM

Captain Marv-el

Alex Kennedy ✔ @AlexKennedyNBA
Follow

RT @davidortiz Yo @kevinlove if you need advice on moving from Minnesota to Boston just let me know #CityOfChamps
4:47 PM - 1 Jun 2014
Re:Topic: ''Love Meets Rondo, Gets Advice from David Ortiz''

I remember when we Traded Rondo

ha I remember when we Traded Goran

How many GM's has there been since robert?

How many GM's did Jerry need?
$HAϟAM

Captain Marv-el

Maybe kevin Love didnt want to visit phoenix first cause he didnt want to get arrested like Tom Chambers

I dont know

I remember that we had a pick a named Kendal* and then some other top picks blown and the good ones traded and that we got some jokers clowing on the high school prospect whos one year into the leage but still a teenager
Kevin Love might not been a teenager but speaking from someone around his age, Its not that much Fun to be had in Phoenix and I think from some post The Players from ALL OVER can figure out why they wouldnt really want to be traded here or sign

I really enjoy watching the suns and I put alot of my heart into thinking about what could be the best move for the team, but there is alot of "fans" who aint really fans of the team

i.e ' If you think Goran is GREAT but would make fun of someone with his type of accent' or 'If you want the suns to with the championship but really rather send threat like "jokes" to a kid then watch him become a better player by cheering on your team, are you really even fans?'

Topic is still basketball

But Respect is earned and this Forum might be Classic but its still supporting a class of sicko with bad jokes

PEACE
$HAϟAM

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Captain Marv-el wrote: Re:Topic: ''Love Meets Rondo, Gets Advice from David Ortiz''

I remember when we Traded Rondo

ha I remember when we Traded Goran

How many GM's has there been since robert?

How many GM's did Jerry need?
Jerry only needed one, because he came here as one. However, he wasn't above making a bad trade -

Silas for Scott, Goodrich for Counts, DJ for Robey, EJ & 2 #1s for McDaniel all come to mind.

Generally speaking his trades figured in the Suns' favor, but not always, and Colangelo received quite a bit of criticism locally up until the Suns made it to the Championship Series in 1976.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695