Leandro Barbosa returns to Suns: 2 years / $8M

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Sunsfan4life

Re: Leandro Barbosa returns to Suns: 2 years / $8M

Post by Sunsfan4life »

How happy is Dudley right now? Him and LB were boys back in 2010. Good chance we get the revitalization of the JMZ videos atleast...haha
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:I'm the biggest LB fan out there, but whuuu?
I love having him back but something is going to have to give at the guard spots. We need to move 1 minimum, preferably 2 out of Archie, Knight, and Bledsoe.
Is it? Leandro has always been a great locker room presence, and I don't think that he'll demand playing time. And the Suns had extra money to spend.

With Leandro around, the Suns can trade Knight mid-season, after he's rebuilt trade value through healthy, disciplined play. This is what I'm hoping that they are thinking...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sunsfan4life wrote:I didn't say he wasn't, but those mins behind those other guys are best served for Goodwin and Ullis rather then an aging LB at the twlight of his career.

Edit: I did say he was better then goodwin! haha my bad. I meant Knight or Bledsoe
Not if we're not planning on keeping Goodwin. Obviously, the Suns are trying to stay competitive even while rebuilding. These definitely are not the Hinkie 76ers.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Sunsfan4life wrote:How happy is Dudley right now? Him and LB were boys back in 2010. Good chance we get the revitalization of the JMZ videos atleast...haha
Happy old-timer vets tutored under the Nash regime taking over the locker room and its culture. Great move by McD to point the locker room in the right direction after years of FOE nonsense.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

virtual9mm wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I love having him back but something is going to have to give at the guard spots. We need to move 1 minimum, preferably 2 out of Archie, Knight, and Bledsoe.
Is it? Leandro has always been a great locker room presence, and I don't think that he'll demand playing time. And the Suns had extra money to spend.

With Leandro around, the Suns can trade Knight mid-season, after he's rebuilt trade value through healthy, disciplined play. This is what I'm hoping that they are thinking...
Mid-season works for me.

"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Superbone wrote:
virtual9mm wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Mid-season works for me.
My guess is that McD is no fool, and that he's learned some lessons about chemistry and such. He's proven spot on regarding 12-13 million dollar contracts being good value under the new cap regime, and I would not be surprised if Bledsoe, Knight or both have been talked to regarding their professionalism and the potential for them to be moved to a contender mid-season.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

PG: Bledsoe
SG: Booker
SF: Tuck
PF: Dudley
C: Chandler

Bench:
Guards: Knight/Archie/Ulis/LB
F/C: Len/Warren/Bender/Chriss/Alan Williams

Am I forgetting anyone? If I'm not give me your minutes breakdowns
Last edited by Sunsfan4life on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

INFORMER wrote:How did we not trade for Boris Diaw?

Next up, we'll sign Amare for the minimum.
I'll take Amare for a yr. Len and chandler both can't stay healthy, so why not add a 3rd. Plus I've missed hearing "And 1" being yelled about 20 times a game haha.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Well, Jenkins is now a gonner for sure.

"Be Legendary."

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

I like it. We probably will trade Knight at some point this season!

Enviado de meu XT1097 usando Tapatalk

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't really get this one but whatever.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Let's sign Shannon Brown, too, while we're at it ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

pickle

Post by pickle »

ShelC wrote:I don't really get this one but whatever.
Exactly my reaction as well. It's cheap enough, so ... whatever. I have always liked Barbs, but I don't think he's one of those wise veterans who can set a tone in the locker room. I don't know him off the court at all, just a feeling I have from watching him on the court, his body language, etc. He just always seem so wide-eyed, even after having grown that weird beard. He feels like a giddy 22 year old in a 33 year old's body to me.

But whatever. At least he won't be a net chemistry negative.

I can see Amare going to the Warriors.

I'd love to bring Lou back and have him just bang bodies constantly with the new rookies in practice and help accelerate their growth.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Well I must say I'm with those too that now thinking some trade might be in the works and honestly that makes me nervous. Like others have said I am Ok with the fact that we haven't spent big on or traded for any avg players. The only other thing I was thinking about was maybe with the team having to spend 84 of the 94mil that McD has decided to just bring in some old faces who familiar with the culture and would be good locker room guys.
Can someone do what our salary break down for next season is so far ?
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm still holding out hope there's a trade brewing where we move some combo of Bledsoe/Knight and Archie.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Gives us a glut at guard but with that contract they'll move him to a contender at the trade deadline. Like to Chicago when Wade goes down for the season :lol:
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't get this signing. I like LB but not for a young rebuilding team. Oh well; the money is cheap and he won't ruin team chemistry.

carey

Post by carey »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I don't get this signing. I like LB but not for a young rebuilding team. Oh well; the money is cheap and he won't ruin team chemistry.
So you do get the signing. ;)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

ShelC wrote:I'm still holding out hope there's a trade brewing where we move some combo of Bledsoe/Knight and Archie.
Not interested in a tank job. If Knight can adjust to being the sixth man, Bled/Booker/Knight/Barbosa/Ulis looks pretty good to me.

If Knight were traded, I'd want equal value, preferably in the form of a young, defense-oriented 2/3.

PJ's the one I want off this roster. And Chandler. Those are the two that don't fit from my perspective.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I want Chandler to mentor the hell out of Chriss. I want them together. Alot. I want Chandler to adopt him and raise him as one of his own.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."