NBA Finals: Spurs vs Heat 2

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

NBA Finals: Spurs vs Heat 2

Post by TOO »

So, t'hell with the Heat. I hate em all (except Cole) I hope they get swept. I hope Duncan gets one more ring then goes away forever.

Mori Chu

Re: NBA Finals: Spurs vs Heat 2

Post by Mori Chu »

I think I've said this a hundred times, but I would love to see the Heat lose this one and the Spurs win. I just don't want Lebron to win 5-6 titles and end up getting compared to MJ. And I think Duncan and Pop and the Spurs gang deserve that 5th title for working so hard and for the way they play. I don't want to reward the Heat with another title for banding together all those stars. It really is a good vs. evil scenario to me.

GO SPURS!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't blame the Heat for being able to put together the team that they have. I don't believe that they did anything that we wouldn't want or hope the Suns could have done. As far as LeBron, I think he's the best player the NBA has seen since Jordan, and I think he's better than Jordan. I don't think that Jordan could have taken the Cavs team to the Finals at age of 22. I hate to tell you this, but he's already being compared to Jordan. Having made it to 5 Finals by the age of 29 and being on the first team to make 4 straight trips to the Finals since the Bird Celtics. I wanted the Suns to tank in the 2002-03 season, win the lottery and get LeBron, but they made the playoffs instead.

I love how the Spurs play, how they are run, and how they are coached. I just can't get myself to root for them. I want the Suns to build a team that ends the Heat run, and starts their own. If they could do it by convincing the best players to play together, or build it by developing their players into the best of the NBA, it makes no difference to me.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition wrote:I don't blame the Heat for being able to put together the team that they have. I don't believe that they did anything that we wouldn't want or hope the Suns could have done. As far as LeBron, I think he's the best player the NBA has seen since Jordan, and I think he's better than Jordan. I don't think that Jordan could have taken the Cavs team to the Finals at age of 22. I hate to tell you this, but he's already being compared to Jordan. Having made it to 5 Finals by the age of 29 and being on the first team to make 4 straight trips to the Finals since the Bird Celtics. I wanted the Suns to tank in the 2002-03 season, win the lottery and get LeBron, but they made the playoffs instead.
I agree with this (not the LeBron>Jordan part, but the rest). I don't hate LeBron. "The Decision" was pretty classless, but other than that I don't have a problem with him going to the Heat and I think he's a pretty easy guy to root for. He's an unselfish superstar, defends like hell and is fun to watch.

I'm still "rooting" for the Spurs, but I won't be pissed at either outcome. Either causes the "Kobe iz da greatest" argument to lose a little steam.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Spurs in 7
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I liked this article previewing the Finals.

Ball Don't Lie: Dan Devine's Inarguable Finals Power Rankings

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... 26012.html

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I meant to mention after the final game of the Spurs/OKC series what a great pick up Boris Diaw has been for the Spurs. He's played really great for them and has been a glue guy.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Diaw had a monster game. 26 points if I remeber correctly, and it doesn't tell you how well he ayed offensively. Pops is brutal.

By the way, if/when Derek Fisher retires theThunder will miss him. A lot. He just knows the sport and helps with all the little things. I wouldn't take his leaving lightly if I were them.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

By the way, how about Derek Fisher retiring and replacing Brooks as OKC head coach?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ring_Wanted wrote:By the way, how about Derek Fisher retiring and replacing Brooks as OKC head coach?
I don't think I like that idea. Would he really be any better than Brooks? Also, are we sure he can even coach? He's a good veteran player, but I have no idea if he's got the chops.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:By the way, how about Derek Fisher retiring and replacing Brooks as OKC head coach?
I don't think I like that idea. Would he really be any better than Brooks? Also, are we sure he can even coach? He's a good veteran player, but I have no idea if he's got the chops.
Apparently Phil Jackson thinks he's got the chops.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I am not sure how I feel about this trend of players retiring and then immediately becoming head coaches. I am not saying Derek Fisher won’t be a good coach or any other Player for that matter, but I always think it is wise to have spent some years as an assistant. Then again, there are many people that have spent years as an assistant and still sucked when they got to be head coach.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The coaching carousel at work. GMs and owners seem bored of the old retreads and want new blood, even if it comes with zero experience.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

I can't believe what I'm about to say, but... Go Spurs!

That's how much i dislike the Heat, I learned today. Last year it took me a couple games to feel the impulse to hope for the Spurs to win.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is a great game so far. I feel for those poor players, though, with the A/C going out in the arena. Wow.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

It's not an NBA Finals without LeBron cramping.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

The lesser of two evils for me, I'd like a Spurs sweep so we can get it over with 1 down 3 to go.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:This is a great game so far. I feel for those poor players, though, with the A/C going out in the arena. Wow.
With James cramping up, the Spurs might not be in a big hurry to fix the A/C for game two.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Did anybody else hear once again Van Gundy and Breen praise the Spurs international drafting specifically citing Dragic as proof? SMH

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Ha. LeBron, that's what being human feels like. Sucks, uh? Well, suck it up. You always crack me up when you say in 2k14 'Basketball? Isn't easy'. Mmhyeah, it must be so hard when you are so gifted, right?