Around the League: May 2014

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Around the League: May 2014

Post by In2ition »

Boston can probably put together the best package, but I think it might be best that MN tries their best to convince him to stay by doing whatever they can to build around Love appropriately.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I have to say that I'm pretty surprised by this move. It's one thing going to Boston as a tourist, but meeting Rondo at a Celtics' facility? I've believed all along that the Wolves keep him one more season and try to make the playoffs, but if the player is mentally gone to the point he is visiting posible destinations, Minni needs to read the writting on the wall.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ring_Wanted wrote:They can trade for him, don't doubt it.

... (snip)

Nobody can make a better offer without commiting franchise suicide, unless you consider giving up parts of a core of the future, like say a Bradley Beal.
You're right that they can make a good offer in terms of picks and cheap young pieces. Not a ton of talent, but the rest is good.

If I'm the Wiz I would DEFINITELY be willing to ship out Beal to get Love. No hesitation. Beal is great, but you have to give something to get something.

carey

Post by carey »

Ring_Wanted wrote:I have to say that I'm pretty surprised by this move. It's one thing going to Boston as a tourist, but meeting Rondo at a Celtics' facility? I've believed all along that the Wolves keep him one more season and try to make the playoffs, but if the player is mentally gone to the point he is visiting posible destinations, Minni needs to read the writting on the wall.
Uh, if Love is visiting Boston and is at the facility then there is a framework of a deal in place and Minni knows ALL about it. That shit don't happen otherwise.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Love would have to specifically agree to resign if I am giving up something as tangible yet also so full with potential as Bradley Beal. Would Kevin Love do that for the Wizards? Frankly I doubt it. That's what I talk about when I say franchise suicide. You just don't gamble on Love using Beal, Antetokounmpo, Drummond, Oladipo, MCW.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:I have to say that I'm pretty surprised by this move. It's one thing going to Boston as a tourist, but meeting Rondo at a Celtics' facility? I've believed all along that the Wolves keep him one more season and try to make the playoffs, but if the player is mentally gone to the point he is visiting posible destinations, Minni needs to read the writting on the wall.
Uh, if Love is visiting Boston and is at the facility then there is a framework of a deal in place and Minni knows ALL about it. That shit don't happen otherwise.

Wolves fans must be going crazy right now.

Captain Marv-el

Post by Captain Marv-el »

Rondo 'Didn't Pitch Anything' to Kevin Love
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2083 ... -in-boston
Rajon Rondo Wants to Be Here, Says Chat With Kevin Love Lasted 39 Seconds
"I don’t need to say how good he is. The world sees it every night, or sees the stats every night. He puts up great numbers. But I think he wants to win now," Rondo explained.

Like Love, Rondo has been the subject of trade speculation over the past few months. After addressing the Love meeting, Rondo took time to touch upon his own future in Boston, stating again for the record his preference is to stay a Celtic long-term.

“I love it here,” Rondo explained. “I have a great neighbor, the best neighbor in the world. I don’t want to leave. It’s just part of the process that I’ll talk about once the season’s over. As of now I’m a Celtic. I’ve been training here, the staff has been doing pretty good as far as my rehab. I’ve been working every day. This is home for me as of now.”
$HAϟAM

Hiphop Family Treeϟ Roots

Captain Marv-el

'Maybe a Three way trade involving Rondo, Love and the Suns'
$HAϟAM

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Who's Rondo's neighbor?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Captain Marv-el wrote:'Maybe a Three way trade involving Rondo, Love and the Suns'
Who would we get?

Captain Marv-el

:)
$HAϟAM

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

NBA defensive teams announced:

1st Team: Chris Paul, Paul George, Iguodala, Ibaka, Noah.

2nd Team: Patrick Beverly, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, LeBron, Hibbert.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I think LeBron and above all Paul are poor choices, reminiscent of those Kobe selections based on reputation more than anything.

PJ Tucker ended up as #20 and Bledsoe #23.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

https://twitter.com/wojyahoonba/status/ ... 5743921156

Yahoo is reporting that the Rockets plan to make Chandler Parsons a RFA this summer instead of paying him 900k next year and letting him become unrestricted.

Wise move.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I like Parsons, but he strikes me as one of those guys who's about to become wildly overpaid and then not live up to the contract. Is he ever going to be more than the 4th best guy on a good team? Is that guy worth ... whatever it is he's going to get paid? 8-12 million or whatever?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Good questions.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think he's a great 3rd option and a key guy on a winning team. He's just a very talented all around basketball player. Definitely worth 8-10 if you're going to max out two other guys.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Definitely 8M. 12M? Not really, but that's the joy of RFA, right? This is similar to Gordon Hayward, but I prefer him to Parsons.

I don't know if he'll be affected by the Jerome James syndrome, but doesn't look like that type of player, unlike others like Trevor Ariza (or so they say).

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Hayward still has a higher ceiling than Parsons. Shel's right that he's terrific all-around basketball player, but if you don't have the right 1-2 punch that is clearly better than him, then you're just flushing money down the toilet if you give him an 8-figure salary. He'll get you numbers but he won't make you significantly better.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:I like Parsons, but he strikes me as one of those guys who's about to become wildly overpaid and then not live up to the contract. Is he ever going to be more than the 4th best guy on a good team? Is that guy worth ... whatever it is he's going to get paid? 8-12 million or whatever?
As far as not living up to his contract, he doesn't seem like the type of guy that will sluff off once he has his money.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."