Post Your Draft Board

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
England Sun

Re: Post Your Draft Board

Post by England Sun »

Sunsfan4life wrote:I think I saw something from Gambo that said the Suns don't think any of the PF's in this draft are better then Kieff, so they aren't interested in trading up for one.

If that's the thinking, I disagree with it....Completely.
Did I miss something with his development and ceiling that they think he going to be much higher than it is?
Surely that's a ruse?
Please!
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:It just keeps getting better.
At least you're prepared to be disappointed.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Sunsfan4life wrote:I think I saw something from Gambo that said the Suns don't think any of the PF's in this draft are better then Kieff, so they aren't interested in trading up for one.

If that's the thinking, I disagree with it....Completely.
I didn't listen, but you sure it wasn't, "any of the PF's expected to be available when the Suns pick?"
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

It very well could of been. I didn't listen either, just saw it. That would make more sense wouldn't it?
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

If Kieff can take another step forward like he did this year then we might have something. I think Capela is our most realistic option and could be perfect as it gives us time to see if Kieff is legit.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I really don't believe anything any front office type says at this time of the year about who they like and what they're trying to do. I consider it all a smokescreen until proven different.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

A Capela isn't going to be enough by himself. He's going to need some accompaniment.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

That'd be Kieff for now, if Capela is stashed then you decide what you have when he comes over. We have at least another season or 2 of building to go so why try to rush it?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Don't know if this is any good but here is my attempt at a mock draft. Tell me what y'all think?
http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... iew/72271/

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Wally_West wrote:Don't know if this is any good but here is my attempt at a mock draft. Tell me what y'all think?
http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... iew/72271/
I like it.

I think, for the most part, you took team needs into deeper consideration than most mocks and that's key, IMO - though I think Gary Harris needs to be left where he was found in our current situation, depending on what happens with Green (possible trade), he could end up filling a role here.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Oh boy, I just realized I left Nik Stauskas out. Total brain fart on my end but I guess that is what happens when you try to make a mock draft at 3am!
Here is my 2nd attempt:
http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... iew/72272/

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Joel Embiid falling to 6? WOW. Before the draft they did a poll of all 32 gms and Embiid was #1 on the most teams board.

Falling out of 1, maybe... But the odds of him falling all the way to 6 seems implausible.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Joel Embiid falling to 6? WOW. Before the draft they did a poll of all 32 gms and Embiid was #1 on the most teams board.

Falling out of 1, maybe... But the odds of him falling all the way to 6 seems implausible.
Agreed
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Joel Embiid falling to 6? WOW. Before the draft they did a poll of all 32 gms and Embiid was #1 on the most teams board.

32 gms? Aren't there only 30 teams?

And technically, for that to play out, only 5 GMs would need to not have Embiid rated #1 on their boards.

You're right, it's not likely, but I think Embiid goes to Philly, Orlando, or Boston. I'm pretty sure Cleveland and Milwaukee will pass on him.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

INFORMER wrote:

32 gms? Aren't there only 30 teams?

And technically, for that to play out, only 5 GMs would need to not have Embiid rated #1 on their boards.

You're right, it's not likely, but I think Embiid goes to Philly, Orlando, or Boston. I'm pretty sure Cleveland and Milwaukee will pass on him.
They Polled Lance Blanks and Steve Kerr....just for you INF, because they know how much you valued there drafts haha.

32 teams in the NFL, 30 in the NBA.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

What exactly are you hearing that makes you think the Cavs are not going to draft Embiid, because everything I have heard is pointing to the fact that they will. It was backed up by the report they are talking to Philly about swapping 1 for 3, because Philly wants Wiggins...If Wiggins was clevelands guy obviously this trade would not be discussed.

Also, A Report surfaced yesterday that Cleveland is leaking that Embiid's physical did not go well to deter the Bucks from picking him incase they make the swap with Philadelphia. Finally, apparently Embiid has looked VERY GOOD AND HEALTHY in workouts. I think Embiid can fall to 3, but only if Cleveland and Philadelphia swap picks. I think the Cavs will take him 1 as of today....its far from a lock, but everything I have read certainly points to that.

If he gets by 1 then I think he goes 3, His agent has made it pretty clear he doesn't want him in Milwaukee and the bucks seem to be keen on Parker/Exum/Wiggins, so that I agree with you.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

INFORMER wrote:Here's my latest one:

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... iew/73155/
Right now I also have Saric at #10, Harris #11 and KJ McDaniel at #28.

The Heat taking a PG too, but it is Payton instead of Napier. Payton is climbing so maybe could be taken by the Grizzlies at #22 or even higher.

I go back and forth with the Raptors about wether they pick a SF or a PG. When it is a SF it's Anderson. If PG, Ennis if the Bulls don't take him (currently I have TJ Warren there). Capela could be an option too but that's who I have going to the Cletics #17.

Payne seems to be all over the board, but I think his safety net is Houston.

At the moment I have the Suns taking Nurkic #14, Porzingis #18 (before this supposed promise) and I doubt about PJ Hairston and Jerami Grant at #27.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Rumor has it Payton has a promise from a team in the teens. I don't see him slipping past the Celtics at 17.

I think your dead on about Ennis...I have him penciled in with the raptors, because I think the Bulls move up.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I think the Bulls should keep their two picks. They are in a delicate situation cap wise considering that they want to 'contend', so if they amnesty Boozer they'll need those cheap contracts to pursue the big names. Two mid 1stR rookies this year is probably better than a #11 and a min guy.