Congratulations Goran Dragic: 3rd Team All-NBA

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Congratulations Goran Dragic: 3rd Team All-NBA

Post by carey »

Well deserved.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Charlie Smithy!

Re: Congratulations Goran Dragic: 3rd Team All-NBA

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Sdc, your take? :mrgreen:

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Absolutely. This has been a monster season, and would have been even obscene if it wasn't for the last bunch of game where he was playing visibly hobbled.

Still think he should have made the allstar instead of Davis.

If he keeps this up we have a top15 player in the L. Or a perfect second option. And hopefully we can enter next season with a really good 3rd gun (if it's not already on the roster).

But I digress. Bottom line is that this has been a fantastic year to watch Suns basketball and Goran has been the biggest reason as to why.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Amazing that he made 3rd team all-NBA after not making the all-star team. It just shows you what a strong second half of the season he had.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Superbone wrote:Amazing that he made 3rd team all-NBA after not making the all-star team. It just shows you what a strong second half of the season he had.
Really reminds me of when Chipper Jones was left off the 1999 NL All-Star team but ended up winning the 1999 MVP by season's end.

Pretty nice "revenge" for Goran here.

Captain Marv-el

Post by Captain Marv-el »

Please keep Goran off Limits to any trades! :evil:

p.s Congratulation!!
Last edited by Captain Marv-el on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
$HAϟAM

Hiphop Family Treeϟ Roots

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

1st Team
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Joakim Noah
Chris Paul
James Harden

2nd Team
Stephen Curry
Blake Griffin
Kevin Love
Dwight Howard
Tony Parker

3rd Team
Al Jefferson
Paul George
LaMarcus Aldridge
Goran Dragic
Damian Lillard

Other players receiving votes, with point totals: Carmelo Anthony, New York, 86 (1 First Team vote); John Wall, Washington, 70; Tim Duncan, San Antonio, 63 (1); DeMar DeRozan, Toronto, 56; Anthony Davis, New Orleans, 40 (1); Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas, 37 (1); Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City, 32 (1); Kyle Lowry, Toronto, 29; DeAndre Jordan, L.A. Clippers, 21; Roy Hibbert, Indiana, 17; Marc Gasol, Memphis, 16 (2); DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento, 14 (1); Kyrie Irving, Cleveland, 7; Dwyane Wade, Miami, 6; Mike Conley, Memphis, 4; Serge Ibaka, Oklahoma City, 4; Zach Randolph, Memphis, 4; Joe Johnson, Brooklyn, 4; Lance Stephenson, Indiana, 3; Ty Lawson, Denver, 2; Paul Millsap, Atlanta, 2; Chris Bosh, Miami, 1; Andre Drummond, Detroit, 1; Monta Ellis, Dallas, 1; Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio, 1.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

The fact that 6 centers got more votes than Cousins is shameful. I know the Kings are bad, but he was fantastic last year.

SDC

Post by SDC »

when was the last day for all nba team voting? the results were late to come. at one pt, bill simmons thought dragic was all nba 1st team around march along with curry. of course, that was when the suns were number 6th seed at that time, not out of the playoffs. dragic in the same sentence with the overrated lillard, and guys like al jefferson and paul george makes me sick (aldridge should have been higher than noah.)

good job on screwing up the gasol trade, mcdo.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:Sdc, your take? :mrgreen:
i predicted his third team status (look it up), even though he should have been at least 2nd team all nba.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

That's a great reward for his season and I'm sure if we had made the playoffs he'd have been closer to the second team.
Either way, for us it made the journey brighter and hopefully he can take it up another level next year.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Captain Marv-el

Its KINDA 'uh' MESSED UP THAT HIS RECORD DOESNT MATTER

'why does it got to be about Playoffs, Its this regular season that this is about, If he wasnt shifted from the All Star Team he would of been 2nd Team. Superman=Goran Dragic
Last edited by Captain Marv-el on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
$HAϟAM

Captain Marv-el

you know Goran Dragic Superman because Superman cant really do well against magic and is a "alien" and Al McCoy has been yelling SHAZAM for or from beyond time and space so if he wasnt in that Suns jersey (suns is four letters) If he wasnt in that suns t-shirt (because I want him to dunk again or more) Nigga might be flyin
Last edited by Captain Marv-el on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
$HAϟAM

Captain Marv-el

BUT, ... BUT If he was another jersey, A NEW Jersey, He might know the wrath of T'Challa, The Marvelous@!

I mean Captain Marv-El
$HAϟAM

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Nice recognition.

Congrats to Gogi...hard earned, well deserved.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”