Around the League: May 2014

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Around the League: May 2014

Post by TOO »

Signing Parsons would be great if we were on the cusp of a title, but right now I dont see how he'd really improve our biggest problems. He'd be great for a team like Indy, but he'd displace PJ here, I dont know that I'm on board with that.

carey

Post by carey »

@ESPNSteinLine: Flip Saunders just confirmed to ESPN he is indeed the new coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves.

There's no way he trades Kevin Love now though right? Why would you want to come down off the GM post to coach if you bust that team up for a rebuild?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Hmm, there were reports I heard yesterday that even though they are saying differently, they are looking to trade Kevin sooner than later. (meaning at the draft)
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

And thus the Flip firing countdown begins. I give him one season.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Side Topic:

Is Rondo a top 10 PG?

carey

Post by carey »

ShelC wrote:Side Topic:

Is Rondo a top 10 PG?
Currently? I don't know. I didn't watch enough Celtics games this season because they were so awful to watch. I didn't see how far he's progressed.

I can tell you who I would take before him if given the chance if he returns to the level he was at prior to his injury though...

Curry
Irving
Paul
Westbrook
Parker
Dragic

Then there's a second tier of guys I'd put him in that includes...

Conley
D. Williams (who had a really, really bad year.)
Lillard
Wall
Rondo

Totally subjective list, but that's how I see it right now. I don't really know where to put Rose. I have a feeling he's going to be a shell of himself when he returns like what happened to Penny Hardaway.

Edit: Probably means something I didn't think to put Bledsoe on either list. :(
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Captain Marv-el

Post by Captain Marv-el »

Whwere does Eric fit?

I rather not see him leave, hes rather nice and for real we should be able to get Love cheap and if the Force the Trade for Eric with picks I rather keep Eric
$HAϟAM

Hiphop Family Treeϟ Roots

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote: There's no way he trades Kevin Love now though right? Why would you want to come down off the GM post to coach if you bust that team up for a rebuild?
I think it's a temporary move. He struck out with the coaches he really wanted and with the Love situation unsettled it might be scaring some coaches away. So I figure he'll move Love, coach the team for a year, then start the coaching search again next offseason.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Did you guys see the story where Duncan was ready to be sold on Orlando, but he asked if Wives and Girlfriends could ride on the team plane and Doc said No?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:

Is Rondo a top 10 PG?
Currently? I don't know. I didn't watch enough Celtics games this season because they were so awful to watch. I didn't see how far he's progressed.

I can tell you who I would take before him if given the chance if he returns to the level he was at prior to his injury though...

Curry
Irving
Paul
Westbrook
Parker
Dragic

Conley
Lillard
Wall
Rondo
I think I like Rondo more than you do. He's an AMAZING passer and a nasty good defender. He takes criticism for his poor jump shot, but does everything else at such an amazing level that I think he's a great PG. The recent injuries and lack of decent teammates have hurt his rep, but he's an elite PG. I'd put him above Dragic when he's at his best, and for sure above Conley, Deron Williams, and Wall.

But I have weird preferences in PGs. I want them to be great passers and good defenders. So I hate Westbrook and am only mildly interested in Lillard, for example.

Captain Marv-el

Post by Captain Marv-el »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2087 ... n-practice
How iconic is Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant? Spend a couple seasons at his side, and you'll be famous for life.

Former Laker guard Smush Parker, who's been out of the NBA since 2007-08, is still getting a few Black Mamba-aided minutes in the spotlight.

Parker made an appearance on ESPN's Highly Questionable recently, fielding multiple questions about Bryant, his teammate from 2005-07. The topic seemed about as appealing to Parker as the thought of his return might sound to Lakers fans, but the point guard still relayed one story from his Bryant experience, via Lakers Nation's Ryan Ward:

He told me one day at practice — I tried to talk to him outside of basketball about football. And he looked at me in practice and was dead serious and said, 'You can’t talk to me. You need more accolades under your belt before you come talk to me.'
I used to like Kobe when I was a kid, for a bit i liked the lakers cause I thought Kobe was good at basketball and ('looked cool cause he was dating brandy and bandy sang pretty and sounded sweet.') Man did I get set up by the NBA or what! Comments like that from Kobe makes me look at why I LOVEEEE comic books lol

Kobes Ego would destroy the world and if he had the power to do some damage he might been musolini reincarnated if he wasnt already. I think about how many kids and youth I could of reached out to with his basketball ability (if they game isnt fixed or broken & it is because of the jordan era)

At Least Charles Had the BALLS to say hes not a Role Model and then still be one cause he can make people really smile from their heart with laughter

PEACE
$HAϟAM

Hiphop Family Treeϟ Roots

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:

Is Rondo a top 10 PG?

Curry
Irving
Paul
Westbrook
Parker
Dragic

Conley
Lillard
Wall
Rondo

Totally subjective list, but that's how I see it right now. I don't really know where to put Rose. I have a feeling he's going to be a shell of himself when he returns like what happened to Penny Hardaway.

Edit: Probably means something I didn't think to put Bledsoe on either list. :(
I think Wall belongs in the top tier, and Conley seems close too. Rondo will have to prove next season that he is 100% back so I'd wait, but when. He was 100% he was the Shawn Marion of PG although he can't take far a limited roster. Irving, for all the talent he has, is very disfuntional and plays D with Harden-esque intensity so I just can't rate him as a top PG in an era where there is so much depth at his position. And Deron is done as top notch PG, at least if the surgery on both ankles he's getting this summer doesn't turn back the clock.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Anyone think Derek Rose will have any type of career in the future?

carey

Post by carey »

The Jazz have hired Quinn Snyder to coach.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Ugh.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:The Jazz have hired Quinn Snyder to coach.
Who?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I remember him from his days at Missouri.

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
Who?
Sorry, Quin Snyder. Only one "n."

IIRC, didn't he interview with us? And was among the finalists I believe.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Who?
Sorry, Quin Snyder. Only one "n."

IIRC, didn't he interview with us? And was among the finalists I believe.
It wasn't about the extra 'n'. I seriously had never heard of him. I sure don't remember him being a finalist in Phoenix.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:It wasn't about the extra 'n'. I seriously had never heard of him. I sure don't remember him being a finalist in Phoenix.
He definitely was because when I looked up all his information I was surprised that the Suns would be interested in a guy with his, how should we say... background issues.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!