Welcome to the new site!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
England Sun

Re: Welcome to the new site!

Post by England Sun »

Thanks Sup, missed all of you, particularly reading informed and often balanced approaches to the sport. Never realised there was so much Ill informed rubbish out there:-)
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Zeratul

Post by Zeratul »

Hi all!
Used to be a semi professional lurker on the previous site, glad to see you guys found a new home!
Also nice that I can register without sending a resumé and a recommendation letter... I can even post now!
Cheers and thanx for the site.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Welcome Zeratul!
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Always room here for one more SC2 fan. :-)

Zeratul

Post by Zeratul »

thanx!
You play Mori?
I don't have much time to play nowadays but part of my job is to coach a SC2 team which is kinda awesome :)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, I play, mostly 3v3 with a team of two of my friends. Not super good but I have logged a few thousand matches. Love sc2.

Robot

Post by Robot »

HELLO

I AM NEW HERE BUT AM LIKE OF SUNS !! I HOPE THIS YEAR IS GOOD AS LAST AND I AM HAPPY TO FIND A GOOD BORED TO POST ON. WHO PLAY WE ON THE FIRST GAME FOR 2015? THEY ARE IN FOR IT . LOLZ

MY FAVORITE PLAYER FOR THE NEXT YEAR THAT HOPE ON SUNS FOR THEN IS :

CARMELLO ANDERSON , LEBRON JAMES, MAYBE KOBE IF KNEE OKAY, PAUL GASOL AND WANT TO KEEP PJ'S TUCKER AND ALSO ERIC BLOODSOLE !!

LETS WIN BIG THIS YEAR ! GLAD TO BE HERE WITH U

carey

Post by carey »

Robot! Fuck yeah (and fuck you.)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

I legit lol'd at Carmello Anderson. Well played.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

About time you made it here, Robot. You're due for an AP wire story on the Suns.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yaaaaaaaay, Robot in the house!

Robot

Post by Robot »

found this article - pretty interesting
Alex Len possibly trade chip for Love?
by Jay Wallace , azsuntimesnews.com

Alex Len, coming off an explosive season with the Suns is proving to be even more potent as a possible trade chip. The Suns, who barely missed the playoffs are looking to goto the next level by enticing power forward Kevin Love to join Gordin Dragic and Eric Blodstone in a high powered offense that could compete in the western conference.

Love is looking for a big market and has reportedly shown major interest in Los Angeles and New York but -- what about Phoenix? Is it true that Love could end up in a Suns uni? Yes -- according to sources, Flip Saunders is in love with Suns dominating center Alex Len. Len who averaged 0000.001ppg and -009.1rpb last season is looking to get into the positive with rebounds and into single figures scoring next year. His high flying, stable athletic and healthy frame , non stone hands and work ethic are the things a team like the Wolves could use -- "he is transformative. He knows how to position his body to see the game -- he knows how to twist and articulate his legs to watch the action on EITHER side of the court. His gluteus are strong - and he is willing to learn. He rotated between the end and middle of the bench elegantly " said one Western Conference GM of Len.

Len is looking to be the number 11 player on a team next year and the Suns might not be able to offer that. Love could be a starter. Len could have gone #1 last year but fell to #5 fortunately for the Suns. It would be hard to part with Len -- but a trade of Len for Love, Ricky Rubio, and two unprotected first round picks would be hard to pass. While not a fair trade for the Suns, it would work cap wise and the picks could be traded later .

"It's hard to imagine not having 'Lex here" said suns owner Robert Sarver " he just has a knack about him. His strong lower body, his buttox are so wise and strong. They speak volumes about the hardwood, what the composite is on the bench, the fibers in the towels. He once shot a free throw in his warm up uniform and he sunk it -- he really did" laughed Sarver who was clearly sad to imagine a Suns team , a Suns bench without the awesomely reliable Len.

Could the Suns even win 10 games without Len? Even with Love , Lens 45 minutes last year were difference makers and it's hard to imagine a Suns team even getting close to the playoffs with him. However, Love does bring some intangibles to the table that Len does not - scoring, rebounding, overall body composition that is not glass based. Still, would Love re-sign? Could the Wolves re-sign len to what will likely be a max contract when his rookie deal is up? These are all concerns that are worth asking.

Losing Len could break this franchise. The Suns have historic reason to play with the idea of trading a fan favorite for a possible 'star' -- when the team acquired Charles Barkley. Len is arguably a more popular player than even Barkley but he is one that cannot be held by one team alone. "Len should play with all teams" laughed one former NBA and current college coach "he is just … his majesty, thats all I can say" he laughed and then warmly smiled, taking a sip from his luke warm coffee "he reminds me that god is a virtue" a tear , shaped like Len dripped from his cheek into his mug. If Len is the basketball Jesus so to speak, will his sacrifice be enough to get the Suns into the playoffs? Will it be worth it? Only time will tell. Get out your kleenex , Phoenix.
http://www.azsportsnews.com/stories/nba ... -swap.html#$%

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Classic Robot. :D

I loved the Robert Sarver paragraph.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

He knows how to position his body to see the game -- he knows how to twist and articulate his legs to watch the action on EITHER side of the court. His gluteus are strong - and he is willing to learn. He rotated between the end and middle of the bench elegantly " said one Western Conference GM of Len.
"His strong lower body, his buttox are so wise and strong. They speak volumes about the hardwood, what the composite is on the bench, the fibers in the towels."
LMFAO!

Robot

Post by Robot »

Yo!

What up everyone. Glad this site is back up I missed checking in and being stupid last season. Mori thanks for bringing it back up. One thought - can we set up the board so the most recently posted in threads jump to the top of the main list? I think it's easier to follow the most recent conversations that way.

THANKS Y'ALL. Can't wait to get Lebron this offseason.

- R

carey

Post by carey »

R,

It is set up that way. The top 3 posts are just stickies right now and are always there if they aren't posted on.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Is there a way to put one of those gray headers between the stickies and non-stickies?

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Is there a way to put one of those gray headers between the stickies and non-stickies?
That would be outside my purview. You'll have to get Mori's attention on that one.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't really know how to do that. Maybe we should just un-sticky the threads? No particular thread seems that much more important than any other to me.

carey

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote:I don't really know how to do that. Maybe we should just un-sticky the threads? No particular thread seems that much more important than any other to me.
I think having the weekly news threads on top during the season is important but right now it has mostly been a free for all & no one seems to mind.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!