Suns News: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by INFORMER »

Please make this a permanent fixture on planet orange:

Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SDC

Post by SDC »

who is that? and can the suns loan their rooks to european teams?

TOO

Post by TOO »

I think thats LaVine, him and Archie growing behind Dragic and Bledsoe would be a sight to behold.

On a side note, my 1st round wants are pretty much the same as INFs. Stokes especially if we cant get one of the big 3 PFs, he's an ox.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

LaVine and Gordon are probably gone by the time we pick. I want those two too, but I don't expect either, and truth is I don't know if trading up is a realistic option. Other teams see the freakish athleticism and potential too.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Isn't Gordon destined to end up in Minny? They will trade Love to a team with the 6-8th pick or so and they'll take him there. They love our U of A tweener forwards.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Running and receiving passes from Rubio would be great for him. And would even fit with Love, but if they put him at SF.

The thing is that almost every team can convince themselves that they want or need Gordon. And if you believe you can give him a real jumpshot and post awareness you even dream about all NBA production.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I have Gordon pegged at 6. I don't think he gets passed 6 unless the Celtics use that pick in a Love trade.

Danny Ainge has been rumored to like him and he just seems like Ainge's type of guy.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

Sunsfan4life wrote:I have Gordon pegged at 6. I don't think he gets passed 6 unless the Celtics use that pick in a Love trade.

Danny Ainge has been rumored to like him and he just seems like Ainge's type of guy.
Maybe he's blowing smoke to see if his old pal McD bites on a move up. I'm sure that'd excite all the Gordon fans.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Ryan on Markel Brown:
"He was up there. I'd have to check the (vertical) test results, but h e was either at the top or near the top of the 54 or so guys we've had in...He's a pretty explosive guy. Combine that with his shooting ability and he's a pretty intriguing player."
http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2014/ ... rdan-adams

TOO

Post by TOO »

Nice, I liked him throughout the season. He could play the Avery Bradley role for us.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I'm also (foolishly) hoping Ryan is sincerely interested in Jarnell Stokes:
"Jarnell Stokes is an interesting player...He's a physical specimen, maybe the strongest guy we've had in here. He weighed 270 today. He has very good hands and feet for his size. Very productive rebounder. I think there's a lot of room for growth there. He's a junior, but really by his age he's a sophomore even a freshman...he just turned 20 earlier this year. He showed pretty good touch from the mid-range...He had a good work out for us today."
http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2014/ ... aron-craft

TOO

Post by TOO »

He drafted Oriaki, so I don't know if it would be that foolish, Stokes has a large wingspan and solid athleticism, he could play here.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He came from an organization that drafted Sullinger, Big Baby and Perkins. So he may indeed like bigger, wide body players.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I had forgotten that McD drafted Oriakhi just last year. For some reason, it felt like he was drafted two years ago. Anyway, we know he is in town working out (gonna play on our summer league squad?) and I just checked out his Wikipedia page. After bouncing around Europe a bit he came back to the D league where he got All-Rookie first team honors.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Zeratul

Post by Zeratul »

I saw Oriakhi play a couple games with Limoges and he was absolutely terrible. I hope he improved since but I really didn't see any NBA potential in him. The dude couldn't even grab a rebound...

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

We also had Onuaku, who I think outplayed Oriakhi in SL last year. But another 6-8ish 270 banger type.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

And also Mr Irrelevant Dwayne Collins, #60 in 2010, another 6'8 banger. This one with crazy lenght.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:We also had Onuaku, who I think outplayed Oriakhi in SL last year. But another 6-8ish 270 banger type.
Yeah, I do remember Onuaku outplaying Oriakhi in summer league. He's also bounced around the D-League and got a few 10 day NBA contracts with the Pelicans and the Cavs.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Interesting article by Nate Silver of fivethirtyeight.com. He talks about whether Kyrie Irving, or any top draft pick, is worth a max deal.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/whe ... o-the-max/

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

The debate is as old as the salary cap. Nobody is worth the max but a very few players. Currently probably only LeBron and Durant (soon maybe Davis too, and Rose before the injuries), but what a player is worth in abstract and what the market says are two very different things.