Suns News: Week 6 11/28-12/4

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Suns News: Week 6 11/28-12/4

Post by Shabazz »

I wouldn't trade for a "new solution" at PG this season. I think we can solve that problem in the draft.

I just don't want to watch Knight and Tucker anymore. I'd give them away for free.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:I wouldn't trade for a "new solution" at PG this season. I think we can solve that problem in the draft.

I just don't want to watch Knight and Tucker anymore. I'd give them away for free.
That is exactly where I am too. Black Hole Sun shouldn't play anymore.

And to be honest, I appreciate everything PJ did for us. I just don't think coach will sit him and only bring him in when absolutely needed (injury, foul trouble). He should be getting the kind of minutes Dragan or Ulis are getting (and they should be getting the kind of minutes he is getting).

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Indy wrote:
Shabazz wrote:I wouldn't trade for a "new solution" at PG this season. I think we can solve that problem in the draft.

And to be honest, I appreciate everything PJ did for us. I just don't think coach will sit him and only bring him in when absolutely needed (injury, foul trouble). He should be getting the kind of minutes Dragan or Ulis are getting (and they should be getting the kind of minutes he is getting).
Yep. This is the only player combo I'm interested in watching:

Starters: Len, Bender, Warren, Booker, Bledsoe
Reserves: Williams, Chriss, Dudley/Jones, Barbosa, Ulis

It's the only one that really matters going forward (and I included Barbs and Dudley just to fill it out).

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:
Indy wrote:

Yep. This is the only player combo I'm interested in watching:

Starters: Len, Bender, Warren, Booker, Bledsoe
Reserves: Williams, Chriss, Dudley/Jones, Barbosa, Ulis

It's the only one that really matters going forward (and I included Barbs and Dudley just to fill it out).
I agree with this post.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

I'd hang on to Chandler, since we don't even know if Len is going to be here next year.

BearHoward

Post by BearHoward »

Can anyone elaborate on TJ Warren's mysterious and vague "head injury"? I wasn't expecting him to be out this long and I'm having a hard time finding additional information about what's going on with him...

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

BearHoward wrote:Can anyone elaborate on TJ Warren's mysterious and vague "head injury"? I wasn't expecting him to be out this long and I'm having a hard time finding additional information about what's going on with him...

Yeah has there been a more vague injury recently? I have found ZERO info on what it is. A head injury? Caused by what? Where did it occur? Every time I hear about it the subject is quickly changed.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Cap

Post by Cap »

No, nobody who's talking knows any more than you do.

Minor head injury.
Not a concussion.
"Probably" a few weeks. "Don't think" it will be months.

What the hell could that be? Skull fracture? Cerebral hemorrhage? The mystery is maddening.

carey

Post by carey »

Cap wrote:No, nobody who's talking knows any more than you do.

Minor head injury.
Not a concussion.

What the hell could that be? Skull fracture? Cerebral hemorrhage? The mystery is maddening.
If you read the story on Chriss from today's Suns News post at the bottom they say Warren is back to basketball activities at practice. It shouldn't be long now. I do find this situation perplexing and I'm not sure what to make of it. I just hope the kid is o.k. I think he's a guy that can give you 20ppg for the next 8 to 10 years. He's only 23.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Cap wrote:No, nobody who's talking knows any more than you do.

Minor head injury.
Not a concussion.

If you read the story on Chriss from today's Suns News post at the bottom they say Warren is back to basketball activities at practice. It shouldn't be long now. I do find this situation perplexing and I'm not sure what to make of it. I just hope the kid is o.k. I think he's a guy that can give you 20ppg for the next 8 to 10 years. He's only 23.
I am assuming it was some kind of stroke, likely very mild.

And I have no basis for this.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:I am assuming it was some kind of stroke, likely very mild.

And I have no basis for this.
Yeah, man. I was thinking a tumor or something at first. It's just so weird.

I think you could be on to something though. This is from an article where they asked Warren about the injury. Coro noted that...
Not long before he left the game and the court, Warren began grabbing his left shoulder and shaking his arm. Miles drew attention away from Warren when he hurt his left knee but Warren simultaneously went to the training room and then the hospital. He said it was not a concussion.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /94440128/
It sure does sound like he was experiencing numbness or something strange. I'm trying to relate that to "head injury."
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
You mean the pelicans?

Tyreke Evans and Drew Holiday each make a bit less than our guys, and are on contract years. I'm not sure why NOP would do that, unless they really like Bled / Knight, and want to stick Hield on the bench. But I would do it, I guess.
You mean Jrue? Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol:

Anyway, Jrue isn't much different than Bledsoe. It would be a lateral move. We don't want anything to do with Tyreke. Trust me on that one.
lololol Internet Karma got me.

I would only do it because both Evans and Holiday are on expiring contracts, and can just be cut. I used to hope for getting some value back from Bled / Knight, but now I think we might have to package something of value (bledsoe) to get a team to take Knight off our hands.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Cap

Post by Cap »

Is there any precedent for NBA injuries being described in these terms?

sunshoopjunky

Post by sunshoopjunky »

Its the perfect storm for Bender.
Phoenix Suns - The art of taking a punch.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I'm not too worried about trading Bledsoe. He's been pretty good this year and if a trade materializes, we can take advantage of the situation. I would try to move Knight though. What teams might be interested? 76ers(Nerlens Noel), Pelicans(Tyreke Evans and a 1st), Magic(Jeff Green and a 1st), Nets, Kings, Grizzlies.

I'd have no interest in Evans or Green, but they'd both be expiring and there just there to make salaries match and to get a draft pick. Not sure what we could get from Nets, Kings, and Grizzlies.

Edit:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/rumors/pos ... t-a-scorer

Knight to Orlando could be good for both teams.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

https://twitter.com/TreyPOV/status/806276193645449216

McDonough better not be a stubborn dumbass and jump all over this. He can then trade Tyson Chandler at the deadline and then sign Noel/Len longterm and their both injury prone meaning that one will be available when the other isn't so there won't be any issues about playing time between the two (unless they get hurt at the same time in which case we have Alan Williams).

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

PGs from the draft haven't worked out well in the NBA lately. If you look at the recent PGs that have been drafted, none of them have really worked out. Mudiay, Russel, Payton, Napier, Exum, Payne, Rozier, Dunn, Wright among others. Russel's the only one who hasn't looked like hot garbage and even he hasn't been anything special.

Its better to trade for a good backup even though I know it didn't work out when we did that with Bledsoe. A Reggie Jackson type trade would do wonders for us.

Someone like a Cory Joseph who is basically a Pat Beverly type player but has some playmaking ability would do well for us. But can't imagine Toronto trading away a key bench player when contending.

A guy that I think the Suns should try and get imo is Tyus Jones. I think he has some talent and could flourish in the right environment. If Watson ever quit being a bitch and would give Tyler Ulis an opportunity, that would be nice too.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Had a feeling the Sixers would be someone we'd call. Knight wouldn't be bad there. I'm not so high on Noel but I'd rather have him than Knight on the roster. And if we were to get Noel, I wouldn't turn around and trade Chandler just yet. Can't have too many young kids, and if Noel is healthy and can play some 5, he might be a better choice long term than Len. I just don't think you could put any combo of Chandler/Len and Noel on the floor because of spacing. Bender/Noel and Chriss/Noel could make for some good pairings. Just get rid of Knight tho.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I'm higher on Noel than Len. Noel can be an elite defender, I'd do knight for Noel in a heartbeat.