Suns News: Week 7 12/5-12/11

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Suns News: Week 7 12/5-12/11

Post by Mori Chu »

Watson and Sarver come together once a week to study some old arcade games, most notably Basketball for the Atari 2600 .

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Earl Watson laughed and added "Ryan you are funny the way you talk but what isn't funny is family. You, and me and Robert. We are family and the Suns team are also family. Look I may not know that much yet about how offenses run but I do know that when you have family you have it all "

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Watson and Sarver come together once a week to study some old arcade games, most notably Basketball for the Atari 2600 .
Can we trade Knight for the green guy?

[youtube][/youtube]

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Lots of good laughs in there, Robot. Good job!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Robot wrote:Interesting read all --
Suns braintrust confident about the future of the Phoenix Suns
by Terry Johnson , azsuntimesnews.com

Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver had a candid conversation this week with some of his inner circle. Looking at this young Suns team, Sarver feels his number one guys can do it this year "I think the team is really strong. Devin Booker or Bookerman as we call him around is doing super. I'm also very excited about what PJ Tucker is bringing. I'm hoping to see him on the court more" . Wearing a sequined penis jacket , Sarver sits amongst a lavish table decorated with flowers , all orange and purple "These colors are super" said Sarver.

Earl Watson, one in a long line of Sarver right-hand men has focused his attention on studying tapes of Jeff Hornaceks offensive schemes from the last few years "I think Jeff really knew how to take the life and fun out of basketball and I'm trying to find that formula. I believe the best offense is one that is by all accounts non-existent. It's strong, especially in today's NBA when other teams are doing stuff like running plays. It's novel to take a family approach"

Watson and Sarver come together once a week to study some old arcade games, most notably Basketball for the Atari 2600 . "The offense is wild!" said Watson "Coach Horny used to show me how to dunk a zucchini in Farmville and I thought that was so advanced, but this 2600 game is really out there "

Ryan McDounough has his own take on the Suns, specifically strong guard Brendan Knight "I believe Mr.Knight is playing exceptionally this year. He had a few off games, but so does LeBron. I would like to see him in the All Star game . It's logical that based on the data I acquired of him from previous playing ecosystems, he will excel in a 8.098 EPM. It will be of my service to make certain that BRENDAN KNIGHT will serve the Suns for many many many games and trades of him are just not logical. In fact, I wil not trade him at any point ever . He will remain a constant, shining example of my mind and my logical, analytical thinking that has lead to the development of a most wonderful Suns team for the last several years. All Hail Sarver"

The Suns braintrust feels extremely confident that this year or one in the next 10-12 years will be the time the once pereninal Playoff team Suns make it back "I believe in 10 years BRENDAN KNIGHT will be of his optimal condition and in All Star many games, then Suns will be of winning caliber " said McDonough . Earl Watson laughed and added "Ryan you are funny the way you talk but what isn't funny is family. You, and me and Robert. We are family and the Suns team are also family. Look I may not know that much yet about how offenses run but I do know that when you have family you have it all "

In a moment that felt like a toast - Sarver raised his challice filled with the tears of homeowners culled from the housing crisis to the air "TO THE SUNS" "AFFIRMATIVE TO THIS" shouted McDonough . Earl Watson took a sip of his grapejuice and smiled "We are coming for you Warriors!"

http://www.azsuntimes.com/nba/news/good ... ntrust.php
My favorite part in this is McD trying to sell Knight like he always does.

Honestly, Ryan McDonough is a better salesman than he is a manager. Even to this day, he brings up the fact that DWade thought that Knight should have made the all star team like 4 years ago :lol:

He needs to start calling a spade a spade and somehow get rid of it.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Phoenix219 wrote:We need a real point guard and we need to push the pace, PERIOD.

Add someone like a prime Nash to this team and we're instantly fun and in the playoffs. Even Dragic would probably get us in.
there's no reason why this team cant make the playoffs. boy mcdo built this current team as if he expects them to make the playoffs by signing up chandler and knight to big contracts (at that time) and bringing back dudley and barbosa. i bet the latter two regret coming back to the suns.

the head of the team stinks. i blame bledsoe more than knight, since he is being improperly used by earl watson.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Good stuff Robot. I appreciate the arcade reference. It's a side hobby of mine.

Also, when is the green guy a free agent?
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

SDC

Post by SDC »

carey wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:We need a real point guard and we need to push the pace, PERIOD.

Add someone like a prime Nash to this team and we're instantly fun and in the playoffs. Even Dragic would probably get us in.

Shoot, I'm even curious what an IT/Ulis backcourt would have been producing right now. ANYONE but Bledsoe/Knight....
Have you seen Miami play? It's ugly man. Maybe our roster is a little better but with the way we are shooting the ball we'd find a way to lose to Miami. Take away Bledsoe or Knight and add Dragic and we're not much better. I'm surprised people think that.
bledsoe (and knight's) supporting cast is much better than lillard and mccollum's current supporting cast.

SDC

Post by SDC »

before sam hinkie "resigned", he did an interview with zach lowe also

http://www.espn.com/espn/print?id=18235628

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:before sam hinkie "resigned", he did an interview with zach lowe also

For anybody that hasn't clicked the link, this is an interview with Earl Watson by Zach Lowe. It's a very interesting read. I respect the hell out of the man. Now he just needs to learn how to coach the team on the court. I'm wondering if Triano and Corbin maybe weren't the right guys for assistants. I see what everybody else is seeing on the court. Our defense isn't very good and our offense is worse. We just don't have a very good flow and rarely get easy and open shots. The players are culpable too.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Corbin was hated hard by Jazz fans. I was less than thrilled with that signing for our staff. Don't think he is adding anything of value for our players.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Superbone wrote:
SDC wrote:before sam hinkie "resigned", he did an interview with zach lowe also

For anybody that hasn't clicked the link, this is an interview with Earl Watson by Zach Lowe. It's a very interesting read. I respect the hell out of the man. Now he just needs to learn how to coach the team on the court. I'm wondering if Triano and Corbin maybe weren't the right guys for assistants. I see what everybody else is seeing on the court. Our defense isn't very good and our offense is worse. We just don't have a very good flow and rarely get easy and open shots. The players are culpable too.
Watson seems like the real deal as a person.
I'm wondering if he'd be a better college coach than pro.
He seems too nice for the NBA ... the successful coaches have a bit of edginess, craftiness and/or burgeoning ego.

I thought Triano would help him with Xs and Os, but so far the returns are negligible.

Ty Corbin was a great pro, but I'm not sure what he brings to the table as a coach.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Corbin was hated hard by Jazz fans. I was less than thrilled with that signing for our staff. Don't think he is adding anything of value for our players.
LazarusLong wrote:Watson seems like the real deal as a person.
I'm wondering if he'd be a better college coach than pro.
He seems too nice for the NBA ... the successful coaches have a bit of edginess, craftiness and/or burgeoning ego.

I thought Triano would help him with Xs and Os, but so far the returns are negligible.

Ty Corbin was a great pro, but I'm not sure what he brings to the table as a coach.
They all seem like great guys but maybe aren't great coaches. Watson needs assistants with strong Xs and Os.

"Be Legendary."

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

feeback had always been that Triano did a lot with the blazers offense. Not sure if he is not having enough of a say or players aren't executing but the offense just looks like last years play book or lack of

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

barbosas recent play makes knight completely expendable
len still has issues but his still contributing more. Wish we would start him to see where his ceiling his before the year is out
Troy Williams is doing some good things in Memphis. Can we trade him for `PJ's grit?

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

[youtube][/youtube]