Game Day: Raptors (22-9) @ Suns (9-23), Thurs 12/29/16

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Game Day: Raptors (22-9) @ Suns (9-23), Thurs 12/29/16

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Bledsoe is our best player. Internal grow and depth is not going to lure a star willingly, imo. If there is one to get you listen, but what's out there? Cousins is giving the Kings a pretty drop of water after a long journey through the desert. Indiana and NO are not going to sell their stars. Chicago? Clippers? I'd pay a ton for Griffin, that's for sure. Dragic? haha. There was speculation about Favors early in the season, but Utah is finally winning (Hayward is a monster, allstar in the west for sure; Gobert as well). Melo? People seem pretty reluctant (and has a no trade clause anyway).

What if Minni got impatient? Maybe they could make one of Wiggins/LaVine avilable. Dunn for sure is, I have to believe.

I'd also look into the buyer's remorse market. One man's trash in another's treasure, don't you say that?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

sunshoopjunky wrote:I really think there may be a play for a star soon. I think another will move by the deadline. Then another between the lotto order and the end of the draft day. I think we have the assets to get 2 of them. If we get the correct 2 then we have a shot at a star in 2018 free agency.

If we can do the above without losing one of Booker/ Warren
And without losing one of Bender/Chriss
Without losing our 2017 1st round pick
Without losing the protected Miami 1st pick
I am ok with anything.

From that perspective Bledsoe and PJ should be worth way more then draft picks.
That seems like a lot to ask for.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Remember 2004?

Dump our top two contracts: our starting PG and 6th-man combo guard. Make Barbosa the starting PG for the rest of the season by default. Change owners. Become awesome.

It's time for 2004 again.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:Remember 2004?

Dump our top two contracts: our starting PG and 6th-man combo guard. Make Barbosa the starting PG for the rest of the season by default. Change owners. Become awesome.

It's time for 2004 again.
Sounds good to me! Easy peasy.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Count me in. But are there any point guards even close to Nash caliber in the league anymore, let alone someone we can pick up? lol.

And our system went to Houston and Golden State. :P

Cap

Post by Cap »

If we pick up an elite PG this summer, it'll probably be Fultz, Ball, or Smith, and it'll take him a few years to become elite. But that fits our schedule just fine.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

I really wish Ulis wasn't so small. I love his game but it is hard to believe he is going to be all that effective going forward. Isaiah Thomas is small but he appears to be much much stronger than Ulis.

Who get more playing time against the Jazz

Bender or Knight?
This BUD'S for us! - Play fast Play well - Go Suns!

carey

Post by carey »

JustWinBaby wrote:I really wish Ulis wasn't so small. I love his game but it is hard to believe he is going to be all that effective going forward. Isaiah Thomas is small but he appears to be much much stronger than Ulis.

Bender or Knight?
IT's been in the league 6 years and is 27 years old. Lets give Tyler a little time. I think the problem is that Tyler is not anywhere near the shooter IT is. That's not saying Tyler is a bad shooter just that IT is really good. He scored 52 last night but went to the line 13 times and hit 9 3's. I'm not sure that will ever be Tyler's game. It's rather remarkable that IT is averaging 27 and 6 this year though. He's doing that on 19 shots per game. Fairly impressive as it takes Booker 17 per game to get his 19 ppg.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Wow, IT is putting up numbers like that?

Wow. thats insane.

We definitely backed the wrong horse there.

Dragic/IT would have been the combo pair they were looking for, methinks.

How we got stuck with Bledsoe/Knight boggles my mind.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
JustWinBaby wrote:I really wish Ulis wasn't so small. I love his game but it is hard to believe he is going to be all that effective going forward. Isaiah Thomas is small but he appears to be much much stronger than Ulis.

Bender or Knight?
IT's been in the league 6 years and is 27 years old. Lets give Tyler a little time. I think the problem is that Tyler is not anywhere near the shooter IT is. That's not saying Tyler is a bad shooter just that IT is really good. He scored 52 last night but went to the line 13 times and hit 9 3's. I'm not sure that will ever be Tyler's game. It's rather remarkable that IT is averaging 27 and 6 this year though. He's doing that on 19 shots per game. Fairly impressive as it takes Booker 17 per game to get his 19 ppg.
Well Booker is hardly the gold standard. I'm resigned to the likelihood that he is going to be awful for the rest of the season and we'll just have to chalk this year up to one prolonged growing pain.

Ulis just doesn't have the talent. He is fast and has solid basketball IQ, but he's not a shooter and has only modest scoring ability and his size will always be an issue.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Phoenix219 wrote:Wow, IT is putting up numbers like that?

Wow. thats insane.

We definitely backed the wrong horse there.

Dragic/IT would have been the combo pair they were looking for, methinks.
Ryan did play that situation horribly, but he got a good return for Dragic. And ultimately, even if he hadn't alienated Dragic, moving on from him may have eventually been the best course of action. And this is coming from someone who really likes Dragic.

I loved the Thomas signing and thought it was a spectacular move. While he was a Sun, plenty bashed him as a ball hog, which was unfortunate. I didn't think he was untradeable, but I was surprised that that they moved him for so little.
How we got stuck with Bledsoe/Knight boggles my mind.
It's just business as usual with this regime.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Cap

Post by Cap »

INFORMER wrote:
Ryan did play that situation horribly, but he got a good return for Dragic. And ultimately, even if he hadn't alienated Dragic, moving on from him may have eventually been the best course of action. And this is coming from someone who really likes Dragic.

I loved the Thomas signing and thought it was a spectacular move. While he was a Sun, plenty bashed him as a ball hog, which was unfortunate. I didn't think he was untradeable, but I was surprised that that they moved him for so little.
100% with all of this.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Heat are reportedly looking into trading Dragic:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/with- ... ake-sense/