Around the League: Week 16 2/6 - 2/12

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Hermen

Re: Around the League: Week 16 2/6 - 2/12

Post by Hermen »

Players that shoot free throws at 40% are risky to have on the floor, despite nba trying to make things easier for them. It's hard to be aggresive around the rim if you don't want to draw a foul...

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Split T wrote:I'd do Len, Warren, and any two picks that aren't our 2017 1st.
In an ideal world sure, but no way Detroit trades Drummond without a guaranteed lotto pick involved.
In that case I'd say no.
I'd go up to one Miami pickl if that means I keep the '17 PHX pick. Len-Warren-Chriss and that pick, but I don't know if we should use that kind of package precisely on Drummond. As noted, the idea of Dre is probably better than the player himlself due to FT, intensity on D and limitations offensively. It's interesting for sure.

carey

Post by carey »

The Ringer goes in on BC and the Sixers which I kind of enjoyed because I think BC is slime: https://theringer.com/philadelphia-76er ... .1fk13ryep
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I love the idea of Drummond, but he's plateaued this year for some reason. He was playing better with Ish Smith, who was getting him the ball. But if SVG can't get him to be a top notch defender, not sure Watson will do it with just hugs and kisses. Maybe if we had a pass first PG to get him easy looks at the rim, I'd be more willing to take a chance.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... 44224.html

The first paragraph makes me so mad.

We could have them both.

I've hated both our point guards since the second either one of them hit the roster, yet we could have had 2 of the best point guards in the league, from some perspectives.

What Dragic is doing in Miami right now is amazing.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Phoenix219 wrote:http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... 44224.html

We could have them both.

I've hated both our point guards since the second either one of them hit the roster, yet we could have had 2 of the best point guards in the league, from some perspectives.

Dragic has been amazing, but so has bledsoe. The article talks about Dragic being 2nd in the league in drives per game and how he's doubled his free throw rate. Well, Bledsoe is 6th in the league in drives per game(IT, Dragic, Schroeder, Westbrook, Wall) and has a higher free throw rate than Dragic. Bledsoe also has a higher fg% when driving that Dragic. Dragic does some things better than Bledsoe, but overall, I think almost everyone around the NBA would agree that Bledsoe is the better player right now.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... 44224.html

We could have them both.

Dragic has been amazing, but so has bledsoe. The article talks about Dragic being 2nd in the league in drives per game and how he's doubled his free throw rate. Well, Bledsoe is 6th in the league in drives per game(IT, Dragic, Schroeder, Westbrook, Wall) and has a higher free throw rate than Dragic. Bledsoe also has a higher fg% when driving that Dragic. Dragic does some things better than Bledsoe, but overall, I think almost everyone around the NBA would agree that Bledsoe is the better player right now.
As someone that has been pining for trading Bledsoe for years, I totally agree with that.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I'd have to say, I'm not that interested in Drummond, and certainly am not willing to give up a package of Len and Warren/Chriss for him. Drummond is a known commodity for sure, but he isn't much more than a dominant rebounder at this point. I can live with the lack of ft% if he were an actual rim protector but he's not even that.

I'd have thought Boston would've thrown a package their way already. They could definitely use the help on rebounding.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Bledsoe can put up numbers.

Dragic can run a team.

I don't see Bledsoe taking Miami on that winning streak.

I don't see Dragic letting us slide this far.

And we could have IT as the back up or 2nd PG if we were that set on running it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Phoenix219 wrote:Bledsoe can put up numbers.

Dragic can run a team.

Perhaps that's true, but it's purely subjective. What is it about Dragic that makes you think he runs a team better than Bledsoe?

I am not a huge Bledsoe supporter, I think we'd be best served by trading him now while he is value is high, but I think he gets an unfair rep on this board. He's been our pg during a rough time in suns history and while he was here during our one bright spot(13-14 season) Dragic is the one who gets all the credit for that year. Admittedly, Dragic deserves most of it, he was phenomenal that year.

As suns fans, we're used to having great pg's and having pass first pg's. Bledsoe is not Nash or Kidd or KJ, but he's very good. It's been a pleasure to see him grow into what he is today as a bonafide top 10 pg in the league. IT didn't have many fans while he was here and now we all wish we never had traded him, or at least gotten more in return. I fear the same thing will happen if we trade Bledsoe.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:It's been a pleasure to see him grow into what he is today as a bonafide top 10 pg in the league.
Debatable.

Clearly better: Westbrook, Harden, Curry, Paul, Lillard, Thomas, Wall, Lowry, Irving
Maybe: Conley, Dragic, Teague

Am I forgetting anyone?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

IT and Booker would be a top backcourt in the NBA. Not saying we'd have Booker had we kept IT in some way. Too many variables to consider but wow, what I'd give to see that.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cap wrote:
Split T wrote:It's been a pleasure to see him grow into what he is today as a bonafide top 10 pg in the league.
Debatable.

Clearly better: Westbrook, Harden, Curry, Paul, Lillard, Thomas, Wall, Lowry, Irving

Am I forgetting anyone?
Sounds about right. Kemba should be in the maybe list, but I think Bled is better than him, Dragic and Teague. I have Conley and Bledsoe 10th and 11th. I forgot Harden is a pg now.

Cap

Post by Cap »

ShelC wrote:wow, what I'd give to see that.
Would you give Booker to Boston? :mrgreen:

We need a version of :mrgreen: with a headband.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Split T wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:Bledsoe can put up numbers.

Dragic can run a team.

Perhaps that's true, but it's purely subjective. What is it about Dragic that makes you think he runs a team better than Bledsoe?

I am not a huge Bledsoe supporter, I think we'd be best served by trading him now while he is value is high, but I think he gets an unfair rep on this board. He's been our pg during a rough time in suns history and while he was here during our one bright spot(13-14 season) Dragic is the one who gets all the credit for that year. Admittedly, Dragic deserves most of it, he was phenomenal that year.

As suns fans, we're used to having great pg's and having pass first pg's. Bledsoe is not Nash or Kidd or KJ, but he's very good. It's been a pleasure to see him grow into what he is today as a bonafide top 10 pg in the league. IT didn't have many fans while he was here and now we all wish we never had traded him, or at least gotten more in return. I fear the same thing will happen if we trade Bledsoe.
Miami are winning because they've fallen into line with dragic's run n gun style of play.

Great team chemistry, as a natural consequence, is no doubt helping also.

Funny that, Ryan.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/allucanhea ... ent=safari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Cap wrote:Clearly better: Westbrook, Harden, Curry, Paul, Lillard, Thomas, Wall, Lowry, Irving

Am I forgetting anyone?
Your list looks about right, but I would also include age, longevity, and contract in there when discussing these guys. For example, I like Conley as a player, but given his ridiculous contract, I would not want to 1-for-1 swap Bledsoe for him if that were legal under the cap. And as good as Chris Paul is, you could make a case that you would rather have a guy like Bledsoe at his age than Paul at his current age going forward.

None of this counters your overall point that Bledsoe is probably not quite a "top-10 PG" in the NBA. It's great that he is playing so well, though.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Stein tweeted that Pistons and Magic are talking Reggie Jackson for DJ Augustin and Jeff Green. Decent move for Orlando, Jackson isn't special, but he's better than Elfrid Payton.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

ShelC wrote:IT and Booker would be a top backcourt in the NBA. Not saying we'd have Booker had we kept IT in some way. Too many variables to consider but wow, what I'd give to see that.
It would also be a defensive travesty.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Wish Knight could've displayed something for us the 1st half of the year. Orlando's been the most logical destination for a PG. They've wanted to upgrade at PG and add offense to the perimeter.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:IT and Booker would be a top backcourt in the NBA. Not saying we'd have Booker had we kept IT in some way. Too many variables to consider but wow, what I'd give to see that.
I fear that would have been too much like the Lillard/McCollum backcourt in Portland: Devastating offensively, but a sieve on defense. They will probably have to break those two guys up and move McCollum for somebody taller who can play better D.