Suns Trading Deadline Speculation

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

How active are the Suns going to be before the trading deadline?

Stand pat (Passive)
27%
Move one player (Active)
32%
Move two or more players (Very Active)
41%

Total votes: 22

djy2j

Re: Suns Trading Deadline Speculation

Post by djy2j »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/834509917134417920

When I read that I was like that's it? WTF? But Washington is sending their 2017 first round pick also

Cross Washington off the list as potential Tucker destinations
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Suns are like the only team that's hardly mentioned in any trade talks.

I wonder if McD's on an actually vacation and just left his assistant GMs to answer calls for him but to not actually do any deals.

So many moves need to be done and the Suns have yet to do a damn thing.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I would like McD to do something, but I don't want to see a bad deal for the Suns. It's not like last year when they HAD to trade Morris. If no one wants Knight, we can't take a bad deal like having to give up a pick to get rid of him as the Suns did in the past with Kurt Thomas. Hopefully, he can rebuild his value, since it can't get any lower.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

djy2j wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/834509917134417920

When I read that I was like that's it? WTF? But Washington is sending their 2017 first round pick also

Cross Washington off the list as potential Tucker destinations
Shame. If we kept populating Washington with ex-Suns I was hoping we could then proceed to annex Bradley Beal and John Wall without anyone noticing. Oh well. Guess we will have to move on to plan B.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

In2ition wrote:I would like McD to do something, but I don't want to see a bad deal for the Suns. It's not like last year when they HAD to trade Morris. If no one wants Knight, we can't take a bad deal like having to give up a pick to get rid of him as the Suns did in the past with Kurt Thomas. Hopefully, he can rebuild his value, since it can't get any lower.
THIS!!

There is no such thing as an untradeable player. Around the league, we have seen worst contracts, worse players and worse personalities changing teams when the situation arised, and many without long term ramifications for the outgoing team. The Suns, inths other hand, has made some of the more short sighted, panic induced, asset dumping trades in order to get rid of a bad situation. Standing pat is no the worse we could do.

So I want for a change, that if there is no market for Knight, to keep him on board until the summer. If teams are colectively bullying McD in order to rape him, keep Knight. If McD is delusional about what he is looking for, well, we have the rest of the season for reality to sunk, and as painful as it is to watch him on the court, this is the perfect year to wait out for a better ocasion to make a deal.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:I've read the same about Favors' knees. Will try and dig up the info.
From what I can find, he's not had any surgery. Just having pain in the knee. MRI's have not shown any structural damage. Bone contusion was all I saw mentioned.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4594988-155/ ... rs-out-for

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

https://twitter.com/InsiderSuns/status/834547045755006977

~~~~~

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Wait, did we manage to destroy all the footage of Knight playing this year? Is that our strategy? That's actually fucking genius.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Suns are gonna trade for Okafor without trading Chandler/Len first?

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Chicago is reportedly keen on Okafor as well

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/834564173468164097

Split T

Post by Split T »

I'm sure there is at least a protected 1st as part of that trade going to Philly.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Suns aren't gonna do jack ****.

This is what McDonough has been doing to Suns fans since getting hired

https://twitter.com/FunnyBrawls/status/834232270630375430

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

YAAASSSSSS GIMME OKAFOR YAAAAAASSSSSSSS FOR BRANDON KNIGHT YAAAAAAAASSSSSASSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

He can't play defense. I'll take him for knight, but I don't want to give any picks up for him and that's what it would take.

Pistons fielding offers on Drummond and KCP....Van gundy has really put them in no mans land.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

UglyTruth wrote:Suns aren't gonna do jack ****.

This is what McDonough has been doing to Suns fans since getting hired

https://twitter.com/FunnyBrawls/status/834232270630375430

Might be best to just trade tucker and wait until the off-season. Making a move just to make it is never good.

I will say this, usually McDonaugh's moves are not rumoed by the media. The Knight trade came out of absolute nowhere as did the Bledsoe move, so I wouldn't be surprised by anything.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

If 7 or 8 teams are in on tucker as Gambo reports, seems likely we get a low 1st for him. If he's dealt for a 2nd or a filler no way "7 or 8" teams were in on him.

The two guys I think are most likely to be dealt are Tucker and Alex LEN IMO. I think it's clear Len isn't in our plans and tucker can really help a contender.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

There aint no fucking way we are getting Okafor for Knight. No one is that stupid.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I have a hard time believing we can get anything other than some trash 2nd round picks for Knight.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

DrSublime wrote:@SInow reports that the Sixers may be interested in a Brandon Knight-Jahlil Okafor swap.
DO IT!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Hmm... 1 more day, hopefully I can wake up to some good news.