All-Star Weekend Nonsense.

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: All-Star Weekend Nonsense.

Post by SDC »

It's Fake Basketball

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I get that it's an exhibition. But if you watched that game, they didn't take it seriously enough or respect the tradition and history of the All-Star Game. If you watch the ASG ten, twenty years ago, those guys tried a heck of a lot harder than what we saw tonight. You can't just have both teams openly letting a guy score on alley-oops on every single possession. It was like a bad video game match.

Overall this weekend I felt bad for the NBA. The game is in great shape in general, but this All-Star Weekend was a huge letdown and didn't showcase the talent and great game that we have today. I would be a little worried if I were Adam Silver.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Adam Silver isn't worried one bit.

SDC

Post by SDC »

ShelC wrote:Adam Silver isn't worried one bit.
he's more worried about bathroom politics and cultural appropriation.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Moving on...

It's a dog and pony show for NBA corporate partners. It's basically a tech, fashion, culture convention with some high end performance acts and some basketball played on the side. Nothing different than what's been going on the past 10 years, just some years are better than others. I thought the Roots kinda sucked (tho everyone will say they were great because if you don't, you're not cool), and John Legend's halftime act was sort of embarrassing because it just didn't flow with the rest of the night. Tremendous performer, but hearing him sing All of Me to his wife doesn't exactly get me fired up for some basketball.

Also thought it was kind of odd that they had all these acts performing and only the anthem signer was from New Orleans. Should've had more local talent and flavor.

The game...whatever. These guys complain about the amount of games, minutes, etc. You think they're going to play hard at All-Star? They actually should, given how much the NBA has tweaked scheduling and days off to accommodate the players.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SDC wrote:
SDC, please no political trolling in the main area.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
SDC wrote:
I've warned him recently and moved posts. This is strike 2.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
SDC wrote:
Ok, I don't like having politics mixed in here either, but jeez guys.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
SDC wrote:
Ok, I don't like having politics mixed in here either, but jeez guys.
We have a board for it. This is not it. What's your point?

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It is tricky to know where to draw the line. I think making snippy comments about bathroom politics, while it has some relation to the NBA, is not a new story and is primarily a political troll statement. We made a decision to have a Politics folder, and along with that decision, we decided that all political content should go there. I don't want to censor anybody's opinion, and I want to let everybody say what they want to say. But if that content is here in the main NBA area, it can make the site less fun for some other users who just want to talk about basketball. SDC is welcome to talk NBA + politics + bathrooms in the other area, as is anybody else who wants to discuss that topic.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Bathroom politics? Folder or wadder? Vote now!

SDC

Post by SDC »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:It is tricky to know where to draw the line. I think making snippy comments about bathroom politics, while it has some relation to the NBA, is not a new story and is primarily a political troll statement. We made a decision to have a Politics folder, and along with that decision, we decided that all political content should go there. I don't want to censor anybody's opinion, and I want to let everybody say what they want to say. But if that content is here in the main NBA area, it can make the site less fun for some other users who just want to talk about basketball. SDC is welcome to talk NBA + politics + bathrooms in the other area, as is anybody else who wants to discuss that topic.
i wont bring up any more LGBT issues because it is sensitive to some...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:It is tricky to know where to draw the line. I think making snippy comments about bathroom politics, while it has some relation to the NBA, is not a new story and is primarily a political troll statement. We made a decision to have a Politics folder, and along with that decision, we decided that all political content should go there. I don't want to censor anybody's opinion, and I want to let everybody say what they want to say. But if that content is here in the main NBA area, it can make the site less fun for some other users who just want to talk about basketball. SDC is welcome to talk NBA + politics + bathrooms in the other area, as is anybody else who wants to discuss that topic.
i wont bring up any more LGBT issues because it is sensitive to some...
You can talk about anything you enjoy talking about over in the politics board.

"Be Legendary."

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Worst dunk contest ever. Let's all try to jump over someone.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Jones should have reached out to that Canadian kid to choreograph his dunks. That kid is ridiculous.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass