Game Day: Hornets (26-34) @ Suns (18-42), Thurs 3/2/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: Game Day: Hornets (26-34) @ Suns (18-42), Thurs 3/2/17

Post by AmareIsGod »

I LOVE Alan Williams! Big Sauce always produces. Ulis is going to be something special. Wish we would have played these lineups more this year. Much more exciting to watch.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Some have debated having Knight get LB's minutes. I disagree. LB is a much better defender and offensive weapon.

This Ulis / Williams two man game is ridiculous.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

AmareIsGod wrote:I LOVE Alan Williams! Big Sauce always produces. Ulis is going to be something special. Wish we would have played these lineups more this year. Much more exciting to watch.
Ulis seriously has eyes in the back of his head, the passes he nails are just uncanny.
~~~~~

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I wish we could get Nash to help Ulis with his footwork and shooting. He's above the curve in every area as a rookie PG except for his technique when shooting off the dribble.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

At this rate Big Sauce is going to become my favorite Sun.

I want this ping pong balls, but good to see a win like this with Ulis, Chriss, Sauce and Warren leading the way.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Some wins her and there are good for development too, specially when they come as result of a rounded team effort.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I'm all for the ping pong balls as well but that was a well deserved win. The Suns looked the better team for most of the game.
Fun fact: we're now 12-9 v eastern conference and 7-33 v the west

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Sunsfan4life wrote:At this rate Big Sauce is going to become my favorite Sun.

I want this ping pong balls, but good to see a win like this with Ulis, Chriss, Sauce and Warren leading the way.
Agreed. I would hope the Suns aim to resign Big Sauce in the summer.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:

Not likely. Have you followed our FO? We'll let him walk and try and figure out a way to trade Booker, TJ and Ulis for the Morris twins. Send a couple of first round draft picks with cash to acquire Rondo to pair up with Knight next season for Backcourt 2018. Replace Watson with a can of soup and be the first team with long sleeved jerseys with turtlenecks (in an Espanol Los Suns flavor as well).
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TOO

Post by TOO »

AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Not likely. Have you followed our FO? We'll let him walk and try and figure out a way to trade Booker, TJ and Ulis for the Morris twins.
Blanks would be proud.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Not likely. Have you followed our FO? We'll let him walk and try and figure out a way to trade Booker, TJ and Ulis for the Morris twins.
Blanks would be proud.
Need I remind you of my teeny, tiny signature. The Blanks and Blabby Squad. Sounds like some sort of futuristic Nickelodeon Slime Time investigative crew in a kids movie.
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

lol. so embarrassing

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Speaking of the above, it's another black eye on our franchise seeing Markieff doing so well in Washington.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

AmareIsGod wrote:Speaking of the above, it's another black eye on our franchise seeing M******f doing so well in Washington.
Shouldn't be a surprise. The guy was trashed on here but he is a good NBA player. Who cares anyway.

carey

Post by carey »

AmareIsGod wrote:Speaking of the above, it's another black eye on our franchise seeing Markieff doing so well in Washington.
I don't consider that a black eye. He's not a good guy. Couldn't root for him.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

carey wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:Speaking of the above, it's another black eye on our franchise seeing M******f doing so well in Washington.
I don't consider that a black eye. He's not a good guy. Couldn't root for him.
yup. Honestly. Who on this squad would we trade for Kieff, right now? No one. I would not even trade Brandon Knight for Kieff. So how well his is doing is moot.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Suns are so much entertaining to watch since they went to this youth lineup.

Derrick Jones Jr's athleticism is just crazy stupid. I hope he doesn't fizzle out of the NBA like guys like Tony Wroten, Jeremy Evans etc. He should work on having a 3pt shot and then becoming a lockdown defender. Worst case scenario, he should be able to be useful like a player like Andre Roberson who can't shoot but can flat out shut down defensively.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

UglyTruth wrote:Suns are so much entertaining to watch since they went to this youth lineup.

Derrick Jones Jr's athleticism is just crazy stupid. I hope he doesn't fizzle out of the NBA like guys like Tony Wroten, Jeremy Evans etc. He should work on having a 3pt shot and then becoming a lockdown defender. Worst case scenario, he should be able to be useful like a player like Andre Roberson who can't shoot but can flat out shut down defensively.

True a lot to like from this game. Charlotte was that bad, they just couldn't get back in the game. Their shooters couldn't hit jack and then frank the tank went down

- passing was good tonight which made for much more pleasant bball to watch. Great to see booker and ulis getting assists. No tucker and knight and look what happens
- Williams continues his good stretch. Zeller and Frank were a good match up for him. He doesn't offer much in terms of shot blocking and may struggle against more mobile bigs who can do things on the perimeter, but big sauce always gives you something. A great 2nd/3rd string C option.
- Liking Jones as a slasher who can hopefully fill out and offer some defense and improved 3pt shooting
- barb played great. I wish they would coach knight to play like that

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

I know it will probably sound ridiculous, but I'm almost hoping Williams doesn't keep this up for the rest of the season. It's clear he's a solid backup at worst, and maybe even a possible effective starter. Since he's a RFA, some team could throw some crazy offer at him if they have a ton of cap space. Probably won't be the end of the world, but it'd be nice to get him back on a nice $4-5 million a year deal. Again, small sample size, but I'd almost rather have him than Len at this point.