Suns 2014: NBA Draft

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Suns 2014: NBA Draft

Post by INFORMER »

Charlie Smithy! wrote: So you better stay or I'll go all trent plaisted on your ass fo sho.
I'll never get tired of your obscure references to former BYU players.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Thanks for the kind words guys. I truly appreciate it.

No hard feelings, but I think Planet Orange can could use some time without my dark cloud hanging over it.

I'm going take a little break and come back renewed, ready to celebrate Eric Bledsoe's max contract. Until then, enjoy the draft. At the very least, it should be interesting.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

carey

Post by carey »

Sigh.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

INFORMER wrote:Until then, enjoy the draft. At the very least, it should be interesting.
That's really too bad, I was looking forward to your analysis during and after the draft.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

INFORMER wrote:I'm going take a little break and come back renewed, ready to celebrate Eric Bledsoe's max contract.
:lol: :roll:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Aw. Now I will be so much less INFORMEd about the draft. Hope he comes back soon.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:...I think Planet Orange can could use some time without my dark cloud hanging over it.
Let's agree to disagree.
INFORMER wrote:I'm going take a little break and come back renewed, ready to celebrate Eric Bledsoe's max contract. Until then, enjoy the draft. At the very least, it should be interesting.
;) Come back whenever you're ready. Even if it's before the draft. We're like one big happy dysfunctional family here. :)
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

We need dark clouds to protect us from the Suns' harmful UV rays. Thats how that works, right?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:We need dark clouds to protect us from the Suns' harmful UV rays. Thats how that works, right?
I don't know. I think we still get burnt.

Make sure to use your Suns screen. (And try not to get called for a moving pick.)

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Well I guess I cant use science to get INF to stay. :cry:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/paulcoro

Paul Coro @paulcoro

The #Suns will have a second workout today with two international players: Latvian 6-9 SF Ojars Silins and Swedish 6-8 SF Viktor Gaddefors.

Today's main #Suns workout: Syracuse PG T. Ennis, Wichita SF C. Early, L'ville PG R. Smith (visit #2), OSU F E. Moreland, Cincy F J. Jackson

"Be Legendary."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Russdiculous is a darkhorse @ 27.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

Drafting Ish's replacement in the 1st would sadden me.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Suns really seem to be digging this dude.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /11199719/
"Russ has great energy," McDonough said. "Some of these guys, if you ask them to come back, they kind of moan about it, complain, say how tired they are — Russ I feel like could play two more games and do three more workouts tonight and be fine, it's just that kind of well-conditioned athlete coming out of a great program at Louisville.

"He's a guy we're interested in, and we give him credit for coming back. We know he's in demand with other teams, and we asked a decent amount of guys, a few of them said no — either 'We can't,' or, 'Don't want to' — but with Russ, we asked, he said sure, we said great. We appreciate that, and that shows us something that he's willing to come back and work."
Could this be the kind of guy INF was championing if we were to lose Bledsoe. Or, maybe it's like TOO said and he'd be Ish's replacement as the third guard.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

In a surprise to nobody, Suns "willing" to move 27 for a future 1st. Per Woj.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:In a surprise to nobody, Suns "willing" to move 27 for a future 1st. Per Woj.
Better than selling it.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Drafting Ish's replacement in the 1st would sadden me.
Indeed. It would need to be absolutely the best player available to pick a PG. At this point I am happy going into next season with Archie and Ish for third guard.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I'm really hoping Russ is more an option at 50 then 27.

If the suns walk away from this draft with Harris @14 and Anderson @18 I'd be thrilled. That would only be trumped by the ultimate dream of trading up for my man Aaron Gordon!!!
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Superbone wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:In a surprise to nobody, Suns "willing" to move 27 for a future 1st. Per Woj.
Better than selling it.

yup...I'm fine with it depending on the team,protection and who is still on the board and I a sure Phoenix is as well. If a guy slips they were considering @18 all the way til 27 then they probably keep it

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Kinda sad...Baylor bigman Isaiah Austin's career is done. He's been diagnosed with Marfan's syndrome which affects joints and ligaments (among other things). I know Inf was big on him, myself not as much. Still, sad that he won't be able to continue playing.