Kyrie Irving Trade Countdown

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Kyrie Irving Trade Countdown

Post by carey »

I'm off the trade for Kyrie bandwagon. I am more interested in getting one more top 5 pick.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:I'm off the trade for Kyrie bandwagon. I am more interested in getting one more top 5 pick.
Ooh, oooh, ooh, I definitely want that.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Media posturing. Some writers urge us to send the kitchen sink, some highlights how bad of an idea this is.

It looks like Kyrie is using all the Lebron Playbook to force Cleveland into his will. He is trying to get traded exclusively to his desired destinations, or stick it hard to the Cavs if he doesn't. Do not bother me, as long as we milk it into the best price posible, I would even call Cleveland to tell them "Bledsoe+Chiss+Miami-pick will be available until monday, next day we move on into Bledsoe and a 1st, and just because our kid wants to play with you".

Big question is if he would do that to anybody no matter how good the relationship is, or is just against Cleveland, steaming frustration after years of being toyed around, remember, he comitted to them on a state-of-the-team similar to us, then all the Lebronnitis happened. I'm still at B, the article single out Phoenix, but it is just recycling previous news about Kyrie keeping his options open. It just keeps eroding Cleveland position,

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Apologies if this has been posted

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/08/04/rep ... ie-irving/
Darren Wolfson of 1500 ESPN:

The Phoenix Suns are the team to watch on Kyrie Irving. Now, they won’t offer Josh Jackson plus that Miami 2018 first and Eric Bledsoe. I’m told they’ll do Bledsoe. They’ll do the pick. Plus, Dragan Bender.
I'd push to keep Bender and not Chriss but not sure this would be a dealbreaker. I get why Chriss is seen as more valuable, I just think we're off on the evaluation.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:Apologies if this has been posted

The Phoenix Suns are the team to watch on Kyrie Irving. Now, they won’t offer Josh Jackson plus that Miami 2018 first and Eric Bledsoe. I’m told they’ll do Bledsoe. They’ll do the pick. Plus, Dragan Bender.
I'd push to keep Bender and not Chriss but not sure this would be a dealbreaker. I get why Chriss is seen as more valuable, I just think we're off on the evaluation.
Bender makes more sense if you have Kyrie. Any team with all the scoring coming from the backcourt is going to need passing in the frontcourt.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I really wonder if Watson knows what he has in Bender.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:

Bender makes more sense if you have Kyrie. Any team with all the scoring coming from the backcourt is going to need passing in the frontcourt.
And defensive versatility.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:I really wonder if Watson knows what he has in Bender.
If he does, he was clearly trying to tank his value.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I'm not sure Bender knows what Bender can do.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Really stupid if we do this.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Cap wrote:How are we going to look as a FA destination if our PG forced his way out of Cleveland because he didn't want to share the spotlight with LeBron James? I imagine anyone with the potential to outshine him would think twice about teaming up with him.
I'd say about the same as we look now. Not ideal.

Either trade for stars or keep rolling the dice on drafting them. The latter seem to be the way most people want to go. As many said there is no perfect star. Boston has been unable to turn their assets into a star. They even liquidated some of their good role players just to sign Hayward. I'd be a little underwhelmed if I was a Boston fan right now.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

i'm guessing Bender is perceived as more valuable in trade than Chriss (but may not be as useful to Cavs)
i haven't seen enough of them this year
how would you rate them:

value to Suns now -- trade value to most other teams -- potential
1 = D-league, 10 = all star

Bender 6 - 6 - 8
Chriss 6 - 6 - 7

Indy

Post by Indy »

1tinsoldier wrote:i'm guessing Bender is perceived as more valuable in trade than Chriss (but may not be as useful to Cavs)
i haven't seen enough of them this year
how would you rate them:

value to Suns now -- trade value to most other teams -- potential
1 = D-league, 10 = all star

Bender 6 - 6 - 8
Chriss 6 - 6 - 7
I think the Suns and the league see Chriss as more valuable (he played big minutes last year and had some highlights).

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'd hope we're savvy enough to want to keep Bender and move Chriss but include Bender initially to make it seem like he's valued less. Then the Cavs are like "Nah, we want the more talented guy. We want Chriss." And we "reluctantly" give him up and keep Bender. A little rope-a-dope action.

jonh

Post by jonh »

I would not be happy if we traded Bender at this point.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

jonh wrote:I would not be happy if we traded Bender at this point.
Completely disappointed on giving up on him so soon, another top 5 pick wasted, if used as a throw-in. He was a project, let's keep on developing him. But obviously I'm on Bender's side since day one, the opposite would be said for those on Chriss' this just takes that year long Bender vs Chriss debate into new heights.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

ShelC wrote:I'd hope we're savvy enough to want to keep Bender and move Chriss but include Bender initially to make it seem like he's valued less. Then the Cavs are like "Nah, we want the more talented guy. We want Chriss." And we "reluctantly" give him up and keep Bender. A little rope-a-dope action.
I don't think the FO is that smart, but I did like the mind games they played with the Celtics.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I'd love to keep Bender too, but we're getting Kyrie Irving here, you have to give up something of value. It amazes me how many people don't want to move Bledsoe/Warren or Chriss or Bender/Miami 1st for Kyrie. Bledsoe is the guy many of us want to trade the most, Chriss and Bender are completely unproven commodities, and that Miami 1st is gonna be 15-20 range.

sunshoopjunky

Post by sunshoopjunky »

Spot on.
Phoenix Suns - The art of taking a punch.

sunshoopjunky

Post by sunshoopjunky »

O_Gardino wrote:
I'm not sure Bender knows what Bender can do.
yup
Phoenix Suns - The art of taking a punch.