Suns News: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by In2ition »

EDC wrote:
In2ition wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:For those who say they don't want Lebron on the team... Really? That's like saying you wouldn't want Jordan during his prime. Craziness and stupidity. I want a championship badly during my lifetime.
Exactly!!

I mock those that feel that they have to do it the "right" way, like they have some dogmatic approach to how they root for the Suns and there is only one right and true way. I'm a fan of the Suns, and I want them to win a championship. I would prefer that they win by an average margin of victory each night of 20+ points per game, win 80 regular season games and sweep the playoffs. Is that not the right way, or does it offend someone else's vision of how to win the championship the "right" way?
Wow. Putting an awful lot of words into peoples mouths. On top of the "stupidity", "craziness", and "mock"ing.
I'm a diehard Suns fan except if they...
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

EDC

Post by EDC »

In2ition wrote:
EDC wrote:
In2ition wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:For those who say they don't want Lebron on the team... Really? That's like saying you wouldn't want Jordan during his prime. Craziness and stupidity. I want a championship badly during my lifetime.
Exactly!!

I mock those that feel that they have to do it the "right" way, like they have some dogmatic approach to how they root for the Suns and there is only one right and true way. I'm a fan of the Suns, and I want them to win a championship. I would prefer that they win by an average margin of victory each night of 20+ points per game, win 80 regular season games and sweep the playoffs. Is that not the right way, or does it offend someone else's vision of how to win the championship the "right" way?
Wow. Putting an awful lot of words into peoples mouths. On top of the "stupidity", "craziness", and "mock"ing.
Once again making shit up that no one has said. I'm not sure if you could be any more douchey but I expect you can top yourself in this thread.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

EDC wrote:
In2ition wrote:
EDC wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Exactly!!

Once again making shit up that no one has said. I'm not sure if you could be any more douchey but I expect you can top yourself in this thread.
Excuse me? Everyone on here has been to a forum or even this one and heard someone say some type of ultimatum for their fandom. I'm not talking about you, and you never even came to mind. In fact, I'm not talking about anyone specifically here, just those I've seen over the years. What is your problem with that? And, why are you implying that I act douchery often or at all?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Has it ever been more exciting to be a Suns fan? The world is our oyster. I love this front office. Who would have thought everything would play out the way it did and LBJ would be a free agent when we have the most cap space we'll ever have?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kerrsed

Post by Kerrsed »

There have been a few posters on RealGM that have used the "I am a diehard Suns fan but..." line just in the past day.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Kerrsed wrote:There have been a few posters on RealGM that have used the "I am a diehard Suns fan but..." line just in the past day.
Its such a weird thing to say. I mean I can understand if the target is a convicted felon or a total piece of shit, but LeBron is neither of those. He's a good dude who made a poor choice with his past FA opportunity. He's not Mike Vick FFS.

Kerrsed

Post by Kerrsed »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:There have been a few posters on RealGM that have used the "I am a diehard Suns fan but..." line just in the past day.
Its such a weird thing to say. I mean I can understand if the target is a convicted felon or a total piece of shit, but LeBron is neither of those. He's a good dude who made a poor choice with his past FA opportunity. He's not Mike Vick FFS.
I agree. Its crazy. NBA Hipsters. I was a Suns fan before they were any good! :lol:

TOO

Post by TOO »

Kerrsed wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
I agree. Its crazy. NBA Hipsters. I was a Suns fan before they were any good! :lol:
Let it be known, I would trade your left kidney for the Suns to get a ring.

carey

Post by carey »

It's dumb to snipe at each other over something that pretty much will never happen.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Came here to post this; It showed up as "news" in the middle of my facebook feed when i woke up today a little bit ago. Guess I'm late to the party, but I do want to reiterate, I don't care how "crazy" or "stupid" or whatever it is, but I want NO part of it. I do NOT want Lebron on my team. I would rather LOSE then have these guys on my team. I don't want to just be the next spot on the "Lebron tour of cities" and I don't want to have to hear for the rest of my life how we rode Lebron to a title, or how Lebron brought us a title, or how we owe our title to Lebron, or that Lebron did what Chuck and Steve and company couldn't do. I despise Lebron, his antics, his personalities and his fanbase. I hate what he gets away with ref wise; I hate the way he presents himself in just about every way. I am not a hypocrite. I have hated on him for too many years, to too many people, to all of a sudden be excited or even want him on the team, period. A title is supposed to leave a sweet taste, where this would only be sour, to me, anyways. And thats not even getting *started* on Carmelo....

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Well, this topic has just become toxic.

carey

Post by carey »

I hear what you're saying P219. I do think that there will be some beautiful ball played here if LeBron comes to the Suns. Just the thought of what Bled, Dragic, and LeBron could do on the floor together is very, very exciting. I think if you add Melo to that mix though, the ball movement I'm fantasizing about just doesn't happen. Would his ball stopping ways vanish when playing with that group? I don't know. It would be fun to find out. I'd hope you would give it a shot & not dismiss it outright if it happened.

But like I said, it probably has a 1% chance of happening. Lets not freak out and start shit talking one another about it.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

ShelC wrote:I like Hayward, but I don't think he's work 12+.
i wish the suns would go after gortat instead.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I don't care how pretty or exciting it is, I don't want it, and can not find it in myself to even fantasize. Maybe thats just the part of me thats a realist - I can't even fantasize about unrealistic stuff in real life like sports cars anymore, and if I ever did have the money, I no longer think i'm capable of that kind of spending / wasting anyways. But really, if we got Lebron I think I would take a major step backwards from basketball as a whole, and it wouldn't feel like something MY suns accomplished, at all. Kevin Love felt like a "suns" move in building something, and I was hopeful for that. I would love the Return of Gortat, as well.

I don't think this thread has become close to toxic. We're all allowed to have opposing opinions, and be passionate about them. Preferably to lethargy, for sure.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Good thing they aren't your Suns and actually have aspirations higher than mediocrity. In the past year or so (IIRC) you've stated you want Gortat, Nash, Marion etc to return, and I think that is far more ridiculous than chasing LBJ/Melo. Those guys do NOTHING for this team. We're not getting outta the WC with additions like that. The objective is to move up, not laterally.

If given the choice, gutting half our roster for Love instead of signing LBJ/Melo isn't a Suns move, it's a bad move. Love would be a great fit, but not a better fit than LBJ.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Phoenix219 wrote:
Came here to post this; It showed up as "news" in the middle of my facebook feed when i woke up today a little bit ago. Guess I'm late to the party, but I do want to reiterate, I don't care how "crazy" or "stupid" or whatever it is, but I want NO part of it. I do NOT want Lebron on my team. I would rather LOSE then have these guys on my team. I don't want to just be the next spot on the "Lebron tour of cities" and I don't want to have to hear for the rest of my life how we rode Lebron to a title, or how Lebron brought us a title, or how we owe our title to Lebron, or that Lebron did what Chuck and Steve and company couldn't do. I despise Lebron, his antics, his personalities and his fanbase. I hate what he gets away with ref wise; I hate the way he presents himself in just about every way. I am not a hypocrite. I have hated on him for too many years, to too many people, to all of a sudden be excited or even want him on the team, period. A title is supposed to leave a sweet taste, where this would only be sour, to me, anyways. And thats not even getting *started* on Carmelo....
PLUS ONE.

I'm a free man, living in a free world, and I don't want my team to become the next hostage of the so called "King". And by the way, I think we already had witnessed that a team with Lebron is not guaranteed to win the Title. I mean, we all here saw the same 2014 Finals, right?

So, I'm sorry for not being a title-slot, willing to bend over to get a banner. Agreed, that here is not a "right way" but I'm entitled as much as anyone to dislike someone and prefer him to stay away from the team I root for.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I'm sorry but if you have the chance to get the best player in the game in his prime, without gutting your squad, you have to give it a go. I also think Lebron's probably the kind of person you'd like a lot more if he was on your side.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I have not wanted Marion back here in YEARS. Since before he won his title in Dallas. Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I agreed with Steve as an expiring contract in a trade with LA, to retire a Sun, not as any huge viable building project. Yes, I think Gortat shouldn't have even been traded, and should have been our starting center all year; I think he was one of our best assets of the last decade, and that we wasted a rare solid Center on our roster, and I believe his production in Washington backs my wish.

I never said to gut the roster for Love. More words in my mouth. Thanks.

I have much higher aspirations then mediocrity, but i'm sure as fuck not gonna sell out to get there.

Melo is a team cancer. I'd take old retiring scrubs over that toxic, 1 dimensional ballhog 10 times out of 10.

I already made a very clear point as to why I don't want Lebron on the team. On top of that I don't want the influx of bandwagon fans, Lebron fans, non basketball fans, all jumping on the Phoenix bandwagon. I've been waiting 20+ years... I can keep waiting. Earn our ring on our own terms, not ride the Super Team Train.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Gladiator wrote:I'm sorry but if you have the chance to get the best player in the game in his prime, without gutting your squad, you have to give it a go. I also think Lebron's probably the kind of person you'd like a lot more if he was on your side.
I don't care who's side he's on. I'm not going to all of a sudden turn a blind eye to qualities that I dislike and become all buddy buddy with someone just because he's on my side all of a sudden. I already know all I need to know about the "kind of person" he is.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Yes, I think Gortat shouldn't have even been traded, and should have been our starting center all year; I think he was one of our best assets of the last decade, and that we wasted a rare solid Center on our roster, and I believe his production in Washington backs my wish
The Washington Gortat wasn't the same player we had for his last season or so. I think he needed the jolt of going to a new team to get him going. Also he's going to want to be paid more than I'd be comfortable paying him in his next contract.