Grade the Suns' Draft

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

How do you think the Suns did in their draft this year?

A
17%
B
78%
C
4%
D
No votes
F
No votes

Total votes: 23

ShelC

Re: Grade the Suns' Draft

Post by ShelC »

SF4L are you from the NYC area?

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

ShelC wrote:SF4L are you from the NYC area?
I'm actually closer to Philadelphia. A Suburb right outside of Philly...but ofcourse I do not like any Philadelphia teams of any sport haha.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I was alright with the draft. I don't look at it like a lot of people, where they look at what the Suns need and are baffled when they take a pg. I really liked the Ennis pick. He is going to be starter in the league, he's that good. He's a steady pg with a lot of skill and no real weakness in his game. He's definitely not Marshall. It's kind of funny, in that he's a lot like Nash and similar in the situation he's coming into. I think that Warren is going to be a good pick, but it wasn't overwhelming. Bogdan, I really liked what I kept seeing of him before the draft, and I often wondered why he wasn't talked about more. I thought he was very impressive and easily could have gone much higher. I also like that they are planning on stashing him in Europe for a little while. That asset is going to pay off in the future.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It'll be cool if B² pans out and comes to camp next year or the year after in prime balling shape and slips right in.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Grantland rated the Suns as one of the winners of draft night (apologies if this has been posted elsewhere - I haven't seen it)
The Suns. T.J. Warren is going to be a starting small forward for 10 years in the NBA. I can’t prove this, but I know it in my heart. Tyler Ennis gives the Suns flexibility in negotiations with Eric Bledsoe, if they decide to let him go somewhere else. Good things are happening in Phoenix. That’s been true for a while, but draft night just proved it.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-d ... ns-randle/

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nope, you're the first to post it, thanks.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

I'd give the draft an A-

I think both the Warren and Ennis picks are underrated going forward. Warren is as crafty as they come offensively, and Ennis seems to have that clutch gene--he loves the big moments. Both players fill needs and can make an impact immediately. You can't ask for much more out of the 14 and 18 picks.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Xylus: I agree, you can't really expect home runs in that draft range. I like the potential of all 3 guys.