Suns News: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by In2ition »

My hope is that Len is ready to take the starting center position this year, so that Plumlee can fit more naturally into the off the bench energy post.

I think either Melo or Bosh would fit. LeBron needs another go to scorer, someone that could get a great shot off at the end of the game. Melo is one of the very best shooters in the league, and offense needs spacing that he would provide.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

Bazemore and Ariza are said to be Suns targets. I like that, improve the D.

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:My hope is that Len is ready to take the starting center position this year, so that Plumlee can fit more naturally into the off the bench energy post.

I think either Melo or Bosh would fit. LeBron needs another go to scorer, someone that could get a great shot off at the end of the game. Melo is one of the very best shooters in the league, and offense needs spacing that he would provide.
If its max money, I choose Melo every time. Bosh has gone soft.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I like Bazemore, but I don't think we have any minutes for him. Or at least I hope we don't.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It seems that the Suns are going to be associated with almost every free agent name. Obviously, you use the tools that you are given to build a team. One of those is free agency, and evaluation of free agents to fit your team. It's already started to be a very very interesting off-season.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Apparently LeBron has told teams that he wants the max and that he is not doing any meetings, so they are to send the offers through his agent and he'll discuss it with him.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Shabazz wrote:I like Bazemore, but I don't think we have any minutes for him. Or at least I hope we don't.
Depends on what happens with Tucker. If he's gone we need at least 1 defensive perimeter player and he'd be a lot cheaper than Ariza.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Apparently LeBron has told teams that he wants the max and that he is not doing any meetings, so they are to send the offers through his agent and he'll discuss it with him.
Hey LeBron, some team in a desert says they give you and a player of your choosing a max contract, they'd also be willing to sign a shooter of your choosing.

TOO

Post by TOO »

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/dont-sleep ... ed-defense

TJ sounds better every time you read about him.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Shabazz wrote:I like Bazemore, but I don't think we have any minutes for him. Or at least I hope we don't.
Depends on what happens with Tucker. If he's gone we need at least 1 defensive perimeter player and he'd be a lot cheaper than Ariza.
Good Point.

SDC

Post by SDC »

i heard lots of commentators comparing aaron gordon to shawn marion. uhmm... gordon is a 42% FT shooter. Matrix shot 73% FT in college. #meaningtheguyCANTshoot

arent ppl overrating aaron gordon?

carey

Post by carey »

Gordon's FT issues are all mental. His form is fine.

[youtube]NoWaVwywHMs[/youtube]
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Ehhh...he's got a hard shot, not a lot of touch. On his jumper, there's a hitch right when he brings the ball up and he shoots it. It's not fluid, and he's pushing the ball out. He's actually getting soem good arc on it, but he's still pushing it rather than letting it roll off his shooting hand. And he doesn't have great balance either, watch how his feet keep touching when he shoots it...kind of odd.

His handles are good though and he looks to be much more of a rhythm shooter (around 2:46 in the video). His shot's a lot smoother there when he's moving, moreso than when he's catching and shooting at the start of the video.

The form isn't broken, it's more his touch.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

His release is late, he should time it with leaving his feet, but it seems to stay in his hands and he releases it when he coming back down. It's no wonder why he's inconsistent.

SDC

Post by SDC »

i dont think kawhi leonard and matrix are real comparisons for aaron gordon. and in case somebody wants to compare gordon to blake griffin, blake shot 60% FT for 2 yrs in college.

i cant think of any other highly rated super athletic small forward 6'9" w/ a 40% FT shooting in the nba that's comparable to gordon.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He wasn't super athletic, but Bruce Bowen couldn't shoot FTs but was good from the corner 3 and a top defender.

Josh Smith has been around 50% the last two seasons, career is in the mid 60s. Gordon was raise it up with repetition.

SDC

Post by SDC »

ShelC wrote:He wasn't super athletic, but Bruce Bowen couldn't shoot FTs but was good from the corner 3 and a top defender.

Josh Smith has been around 50% the last two seasons, career is in the mid 60s. Gordon was raise it up with repetition.
how many bruce bowens do you know? and bruce ONLY takes good open shots from corners. his career FT % is close to 60%

so the best comparison to gordon is josh smith, but EVEN josh smith started out being a good FT shooter. he went nick anderson later in his career.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... hjo03.html

SDC

Post by SDC »

carey wrote:Gordon's FT issues are all mental. His form is fine.

[youtube]NoWaVwywHMs[/youtube]
just saw the vid. his form is okay. it's mental. tough to recover or improve on that.

SDC

Post by SDC »

where are the offers for bledsoe from other teams? seems like more teams interested in chasing hayward.

SDC

Post by SDC »

bledsoe's agent not doing a good job of hyping interest in his client.