Around the league: June 2014

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Around the league: June 2014

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Ouch, Morey with a gut shot. :lol:
So, in other words, number 7 will be used but Lin was not made aware of the situation. Ouch.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
So, in other words, number 7 will be used but Lin was not made aware of the situation. Ouch.
Was used. Pics all over the net of Carmelo in Lin's jersey outside the Rockets' arena.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Was used. Pics all over the net of Carmelo in Lin's jersey outside the Rockets' arena.
Oh, boy. Pretty lousy way to treat your employees.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

To be fair Morey has never come across as anything more than a snakey douche IMO.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Sunsfan4life wrote:C.J. Miles is not good. Avery Bradley is now making more then Dragic. Ben Gordon was paid to go away from Charlotte not to long ago and conned Orlando into giving him rotational money..and lets not even get to Jodie Meeks deal...

What in the wide world of sports is going on...
I thought the reason there was a lockout is because the owners claimed they were losing money. :roll:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Patty Mills back to SA on a 3yr deal
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Pretty decent deal for Mills all things considered. NBA twitterverse was whispering that he'd get $6-8m/year which would be too much, but this sounds like a mostly fair wage to me.

carey

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote:Pretty decent deal for Mills all things considered. NBA twitterverse was whispering that he'd get $6-8m/year which would be too much, but this sounds like a mostly fair wage to me.
3/$12M is outright sane compared to some of the stuff going on. Still, good on the Spurs for taking care of him while injured.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ben Gordon got more per yr.. WAT.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Ben Gordon got more per yr.. WAT.
That was my first thought as well. Why didn't Orlando give Mills that $ (and one more year)?

TOO

Post by TOO »

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/484532879188172800

Sorry Bron Bron.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

The supossed targets of Miami's cap flexibility from their stars' sacrifices, are leaving the market. Either those 3 get back to the Heat to play on their own, or we could see an "each on his own" run out of Miami, except for Wade.

The down side of relying on ring-chasers veterans coming at a discount rate to round up your team, is that you must be the clear cut favorite to win it all, or your supply will run dry in no time.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Thats why you build the team first then chase a star. Miami sacrificed building a team for the easy way out. Its why the draft is so damn important. The Suns are doing it the right way, now we might not get LeBron, but we'll sure as hell get a look from him. We'll be stocked with assets next year too and cap to burn with Love/LMA/Jordan/Klay etc as FA's.

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Thats why you build the team first then chase a star. Miami sacrificed building a team for the easy way out. Its why the draft is so damn important. The Suns are doing it the right way, now we might not get LeBron, but we'll sure as hell get a look from him. We'll be stocked with assets next year too and cap to burn with Love/LMA/Jordan/Klay etc as FA's.
I don't think so. I think we're going to blow our wad on 2nd tier FAs and put ourselves out of the running for Kevin Love next year. I really hope not, but I have a real bad feeling about this.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

What has McD done to show he's shortsighted?

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:What has McD done to show he's shortsighted?
Nothing. This is just a gut feeling.

Would we have any interest in Boozer once he's amnestied? The Bulls have to do it to sign someone so you know it's coming. Also, what kind of salary would you give him? Would you put in the amnesty claim or see if he clears waivers? I think I might put one in for $6M or so and see what happens. He's not a go to guy anymore, but he's more than serviceable and would still be our best big man. I think it's a route I would pursue over signing Frye for instance (even though I do like Frye, I just don't want him here on $8M/yr). He still battles hard on the boards.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Keep the faith man, McD will get it done.

As for Boozer, I'm not sure where he'd play. Behind Kieff? He's a good rebounder but poor defensively and poor in transition.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Not interested in Boozer taking minutes from our young guys unless he came super cheap and was willing to come off the bench.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/484532879188172800

Sorry Bron Bron.
Keeping him at 12M per is an excelent deal for the Raps, considering what is going on. Not bad news for the Suns either, as long as this is not seen like a deal going to a player one tier below Bledsoe.

carey

Post by carey »

You guys have to just come to terms w/ Bledsoe getting the max. It's going to happen. We just need to make sure we don't go sign Monroe to the max or Deng to $12M/yr as move #2.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!