Bledsoe wants out!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Bledsoe wants out!

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Furlanfufi wrote:I feel like a Clipper fan during the 90's
Exactly, I was thinking the same thing. 80's and 90's.
Let's just hope we don't go through the drought they did!
Well, it's not looking good so far. I agree, that drought would be the worst thing possible.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I think we're already 8 years in. This team started their descension in the 2010-2011 season.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ESPN insider article with proposed bledsoe trades has 3 possible deals:

Denver for Mudiay and faried
Orlando for payton, hezonja, and augustin
Cleveland for Shumpert, zizic, and a 1st

Mentioned that Milwaukee, Knicks, pistons, clippers, and 76ers could be interested, but don't have or aren't willing to include the right pieces.

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_ ... -sides-nba

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I think we're already 8 years in. This team started their descension in the 2010-2011 season.
Well, the Clippers went 15 years: 1976–77 through 1990–91.
The TWolves are currently on an 13 year drought. Looking good this year for them to end it. Kings currenly on 11 year drought.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
The TWolves are currently on an 13 year drought. Looking good this year for them to end it. Kings currenly on 11 year drought.
Time flies SB. If we aren't careful we'll be here in 16 years talking about the last time we were in the playoffs.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:
Superbone wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote: Exactly, I was thinking the same thing. 80's and 90's.
Time flies SB. If we aren't careful we'll be here in 16 years talking about the last time we were in the playoffs.
PLEASE don't be true!!!

"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

carey wrote:Can we not forget that Bledsoe is a 20-5-5 guy before we start adding draft picks into deals for players that have not made an NBA basket yet?
This. Also, what the hell is the Knicks' plan with Hernangomez? They use him as their third center and that's if you're not counting Porzingis. I'm not saying they should trade for Bledsoe but if they're interested in him how on earth aren't they willing to give their third center? I don't get it.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

carey wrote:I actually find it somewhat refreshing that McDonough showed a spine here. Watson said some bullshit about only having 2 weeks to turn it around to turn the team against the front office. McDonough got wind of it and fired his ass. Bledsoe said some dumb s*** and he sent him home. Isn't this what we're asking for? Accountability?
I agree. I'm very surprised at the bullshit Watson pulled given that his only selling point was supposedly his character. And I don't see any point making up some cover stories for Bledsoe that no one believes anyway. Let him own it. Players demanding trades should get a negative trade "kicker" IMO anyway.

sunshoopjunky

Post by sunshoopjunky »

I wonder if this will open up a spot for me on my NBA2K18 career mode? :) Speaking of witch I wonder how they will handle the coaching change?!!!!
Phoenix Suns - The art of taking a punch.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:

https://twitter.com/abc15sports/status/922525050099482624

Hey, McDonough reads the board! That was my comment he stole! :x
Well done, Boner, well done.
Well, apparently it is Bledsoe that reads our board and stole my joke.
I was confused. I saw your post and thought it was a joke and then I hear Bledsoe actually said it and then thought you must have just been quoting him.

Cue Twilight Zone music.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:

https://twitter.com/abc15sports/status/922525050099482624

Hey, McDonough reads the board! That was my comment he stole! :x
I was confused. I saw your post and thought it was a joke and then I hear Bledsoe actually said it and then thought you must have just been quoting him.

Cue Twilight Zone music.
I want to know whether Bledsoe got the idea from Bone, or it's just an amazing coincidence. But that mystery may never be solved.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Interesting thought, would you do Bledsoe and Chandler for Drummond?

He changed up his free throw stroke and is 26/32(82%) since the start of preseason. 10/12 in the regular season. His contract is massive but he could be an interesting piece.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote: Hey, McDonough reads the board! That was my comment he stole! :x

Cue Twilight Zone music.
I want to know whether Bledsoe got the idea from Bone, or it's just an amazing coincidence. But that mystery may never be solved.
:D Somebody said the tweet may have been taken out of context so I just came up with a scenario where it might be appropriate outside of basketball. Most likely, he just used the same logic to come up with it (after the fact).

"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Superbone wrote:Hey, maybe he was in a beauty salon with his wife when he made the tweet? I'd want outta there too!
Ok. This cannot be a coincidence. Bledsoe reads this board. I don’t buy the idea that you two separately came up with the same excuse.

Nice call Bone.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Superbone wrote:Hey, maybe he was in a beauty salon with his wife when he made the tweet? I'd want outta there too!
Ok. This cannot be a coincidence. Bledsoe reads this board. I don’t buy the idea that you two separately came up with the same excuse.

Nice call Bone.
If that’s the case then I wonder how he feels about everyone talking shit on him.... :?

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

I
Wally_West wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:

Nice call Bone.
If that’s the case then I wonder how he feels about everyone talking s*** on him.... :?
There is one other option. Gambo said he was on the phone with Bled yesterday. Maybe Gambo reads this board and gave the line to Bled when he talked to him. I could see aGambo reading a board to see if we read him, quote him etc.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:

Nice call Bone.
If that’s the case then I wonder how he feels about everyone talking s*** on him.... :?
<gulp>

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

In2ition wrote:
virtual9mm wrote:My suspicion is that Chriss was a Watson guy and that he's going to be packaged in a trade now that Watson's out. Bender will start to get the 30 mpg that he is starting to show that he deserves.

And don't be surprised if McDonough somehow pulls a rabbit out of a hat and gets more value for Bledsoe than anyone has thought possible. It happened with M******f and it happened with Dragic. He fouls himself and somehow gets a nice deal to wash the stench off his hands. It's been one of his saving graces, actually.
I wonder if they put together a package of Chriss, Bledsoe, and Chandler for something decent. One can only hope.
I believe this could have landed you Drummond in the offseason but not now. This package has been floating my mind for some time now and have been toying with it on the trade machine.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:I actually find it somewhat refreshing that McDonough showed a spine here. Watson said some bullshit about only having 2 weeks to turn it around to turn the team against the front office. McDonough got wind of it and fired his ass. Bledsoe said some dumb s*** and he sent him home. Isn't this what we're asking for? Accountability?
Agreed.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

JCSunsfan wrote:

Nice call Bone.
Gambo reported it before Bone did. Look at the time stamp on the tweet below. Gambo even doubles down by saying "No seriously, saloon" later on.

[tweet]922211564853215233[/tweet]