Suns News: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Ha.. The Hawes topic took a promising turn. :shock:
Like ha Hawes funny or ha Hawes strange?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
This hurts my soul.. :cry:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Superbone wrote:
:lol: I didn't mean to cut that deep.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Superbone wrote:
:lol: I didn't mean to cut that deep.
The first one is the deepest..

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

In2ition wrote:
carey wrote:Hawes is the douchebag with the Obama toilet paper, right? No thanks.
So his political views count him out? Only 46% of likely voters approve of the job he's doing as of today. Not that that means anything.
Wrong - it's 40%, down to 38% not long ago. ;)

But, beside the point - as 'Bone stated to the same effect some months ago, why inject politics into this? To keep the TP theme going, people should not want Hawes here because he's a roll of Charmin on defense, not because of his political affiliation.

And, when the motherfucker (Obama) approves of shit like this :

.....he deserves shit like this :

SDC

Post by SDC »

In2ition wrote: So his political views count him out? Only 46% of likely voters approve of the job he's doing as of today. Not that that means anything.
just a recent survey from quinnipiac

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2 ... /11985837/

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

SDC wrote:
In2ition wrote: So his political views count him out? Only 46% of likely voters approve of the job he's doing as of today. Not that that means anything.
just a recent survey from quinnipiac

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2 ... /11985837/

[ Imagen ]
Who are those guys?
Let's get back to hoops, shall we?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Let's not ruin a good offseason thread with political crud, fellas. General folder for that stuff.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:Let's not ruin a good offseason thread with political crud, fellas. General folder for that stuff.
I agree - Hawes is Stay-Puft, pass big time.

Next.....

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2014/07/03/t ... moneyball/

T.J. Warren, Tyler Ennis fit into Suns moneyball
2014 draftee Tyler Ennis was a controversial pick for Phoenix at No. 18, and he doesn’t seemingly fit the Suns’ recent moves that emphasized athleticism and upside. But he does have an elite skill, and he proved it in his senior year of high school and one year of college.

Ennis just doesn’t make mistakes.

“With Tyler, his composure at his age stands out,” Suns general manager Ryan McDonough said during Ennis’ introduction. “If you look at his numbers in close and late games, they were terrific, like, unbelievably good, what he did down the stretch of games with the game on the line. When he needed a shot to win or tie the game or needed to make a play to bring the team back, he did it at a remarkable rate. That’s pretty rare for a 19-year-old freshman.”

Ennis posted a turnover rate of 11.9 percent in his only collegiate season, which is nearly half the rate of Michael Carter-Williams’ 22.1 percent at Syracuse a year prior. The scary Ennis comparison for Suns fans, 2012 pick Kendall Marshall, had the same 3.5 assist-to-turnover ratio as Ennis. But Marshall’s college turnover rate clocked in at at 27.8 times per 100 possessions, according to College Sports Reference.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

Mori Chu wrote:Let's not ruin a good offseason thread with political crud, fellas. General folder for that stuff.
you are correct, sir.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Good article on why Bledsoe should be re-signed, even at the max:

Last season, Bledsoe was one of only eight players to average at least 17.0 points, 4.0 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 1.5 steals per game. The other seven: LeBron James, Stephen Curry, James Harden, Chris Paul, Kyle Lowry, John Wall and Russell Westbrook.

Because Bledsoe averaged fewer minutes than all of those players, he looks even better when you extrapolate production on a per-36-minutes basis. Only three players averaged at least 19.0 points, 5.0 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 2.0 steals per 36 minutes: Bledsoe, LeBron and Westbrook.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Shel: You say it's a good article; do you agree that he is worth the max? My gut says "no," but I do wonder whether the cap will go up so much in the next few years that any current "max" guy will be a bargain later anyway. By that logic, it'd make a lot of sense to just match Bledsoe no matter the cost.

carey

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote:Shel: You say it's a good article; do you agree that he is worth the max? My gut says "no," but I do wonder whether the cap will go up so much in the next few years that any current "max" guy will be a bargain later anyway. By that logic, it'd make a lot of sense to just match Bledsoe no matter the cost.
Regarding all this spending...

@StuJackson32: A desirable FA contract for a role player would be 3 years w/an ETO. Salary cap for 2016/17 is anticipated at 80M. Average salary will be $8M.

It's still 2 years early to be going nuts, but it isn't my money.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think it's a good article stating why he's worth keeping. Philosophically, I think there are fewer than 5 guys actually worth the max. All things being equal, I don't think he's worth the max, but for our franchise and future of the team, he's close. There are certain things, like his health history, that you can use as leverage but it's a gamble either way. I think if Lowry's getting 12 to start, Bledsoe should get the same unless another team maxes him out and we have to match.

With regards to the cap going up in 2 years...that's nice. But I don't get why salaries are trending up now. Some people are using the increased salary cap as a reason for Avery Bradley's contract. I don't care what your logic is, Avery Bradley is not worth 8mil.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I agree with the Lowry comparison. I think Bledsoe is slightly better, so maybe worth slightly more, but not drastically more.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I foresee a 5 year 60 Mil contract for Bledsoe. I just hope his knee holds up. (I was also a little concerned that his early season shin bruise kept him out for so long.) Next year, Dragic will expect the same. Does anybody think it's possible we'd retain both Bledsoe and Dragic making that kind of money?

"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

ShelC wrote:With regards to the cap going up in 2 years...that's nice. But I don't get why salaries are trending up now. Some people are using the increased salary cap as a reason for Avery Bradley's contract. I don't care what your logic is, Avery Bradley is not worth 8mil.
I would use us as an example: This summer we are capable to sign TWO max contracts, without messing with the roster, but next year we won't, even if we just resign our own guys. So, if we know in advance that two years from now, we won't be harmstring with a capped out roster, we can go ahead and sign those two contracts because new breathing room is coming ahead. On the other hand, a foreseen flat cap figure, would force to carefully evaluate if we want to be capped out two years from now.

And why are the Bradley's contracts being thrown away?
Well, in the supply side, there is only one Lebron, one Melo, and the next tier only had one Lowry and on Gortat, and so on, while there is an overflow of capspace on the demand side COMBINED with the firm believing of even MORE to come on the horizon. So we are witnessing the NBA version of the US banks Trash-bonds shopping spree.

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote: Does anybody think it's possible we'd retain both Bledsoe and Dragic making that kind of money?
Nope. Gambo recently said that the Suns feel like after this season they will have to choose between Bledsoe and Dragic & that they can't keep both of them on max deals.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:
Superbone wrote: Does anybody think it's possible we'd retain both Bledsoe and Dragic making that kind of money?
Nope. Gambo recently said that the Suns feel like after this season they will have to choose between Bledsoe and Dragic & that they can't keep both of them on max deals.
Link please? I've seen nothing of the sort.