SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Robot

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by Robot »

ALSO - Mark Cuban -for all the $hit that he talks and how good of a business man he is etc he SUCKS at recruiting players. He is just terrible at it . We don't get big time free agents either but we also barely go after them - this is the first time in years. Cuban has tried for everyone and failed every time

- R

TOO

Post by TOO »

I would hope that if there is an actual meeting with LBJ the Suns would bring more than just Sarver to the table.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I would hope that if there is an actual meeting with LBJ the Suns would bring more than just Sarver to the table.
I like the setup the way it went down - the one with the pocketbook meets the grovelling mouthpiece. Until James himself shows up, that's the absolute most he rates, IMO.....

TOO

Post by TOO »

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/484874181339652096

Enjoy.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Robot wrote:It makes me uncomfortable to think Sarver is the one representing the Suns even though it makes sense business wise - basketball wise - it seems rather un-compelling.

-R
sarver has more gravitas than mcdo.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/484874181339652096

Enjoy.
I have no idea what that means. Enlighten me, please.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I assume it means LeBron is going back to Miami and this is all for show.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Gladiator wrote:I assume it means LeBron is going back to Miami and this is all for show.
Right. But to me, "smokescreen" implies some unknown agenda or plan.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

LeBron could be going for 2 years at the max with Miami so long as they get a few players on the team. Look at it this way, he'll be 30 in December. As a businessman, he'd be unwise to take a 4 or 5 year deal for a few reasons: DWade is clearly on the decline, so another 4-5 years in Miami with Wade won't do him much, unless they really strike it rich in free agency or thru a trade. The other reason is, if he takes a 2 year deal he can still extend this run with Miami and then hit the FA market for his last real max contract at 31 and start fresh somewhere else, rather than hitting the FA market when he's 33, 34.

Would we take him for 2years with a 3rd year PO at the max?

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Well he reportedly wants the max money from Miami but they would rather get him at a discount to help bolster the supporting cast. This reinforces how many teams would happily give him all the money he wants and arguably better players around him. Strengthens his hand in negotiations if nothing else (not that he needs that).

SDC

Post by SDC »

https://twitter.com/mhaubs/status/484877586556678145

some praise for McDo.

TOO

Post by TOO »

If LBJ signs for 2 years, I believe he and KD are both FA in 2016. Just something to ponder.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

“No, no, no,” the source said. “Nothing to that. The team and Goran, they’re still committed to each other.”
Not for nothing, but that sounds like some rep's statement for a celebrity couple rumored to be on the outs.

SDC

Post by SDC »

ShelC wrote:
“No, no, no,” the source said. “Nothing to that. The team and Goran, they’re still committed to each other.”
Not for nothing, but that sounds like some rep's statement for a celebrity couple rumored to be on the outs.
still have yet to hear other teams coveting bledsoe.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

SDC wrote:
ShelC wrote:
still have yet to hear other teams coveting bledsoe.
Word is that the teams interested are waiting on Melo and LeBron before going after Bledsoe. Such as the Lakers and Heat.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Robot

Post by Robot »

Honestly if I was Lebron I would not take less than the max to play in Miami. That whole team is kind of depressing. It's like - they did all this to win, and they did win, but Wade is old, Bosh is just a shell partially because they are playing together and they have the most mediocre supporting cast ever.

Why should he take less so they can give money to Trevor Ariza? Who cares - they did the experiment - he has no ties to Miami now. They won two championships . The thrill is over! The streak ended so why go back? Miami has sucky fans, they don't have a great legacy historically and while I'm sure they are homies it's prob boring.

Plus - he does deserve the max - looking at what players are getting he def deserves that. Freaking Ben Gordon is getting 9 mil for two seasons. Seriously - someone will prob pay Greg Oden a few mil more before all is said and done

- R

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Woj tweet: Three finalists could return to Cleveland early next week to make presentations w/ agent and LeBron James present, source tells Yahoo.
Three finalists. Amazing.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Woj tweet: Three finalists could return to Cleveland early next week to make presentations w/ agent and LeBron James present, source tells Yahoo.
Three finalists. Amazing.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11174 ... oenix-suns

Apparently Houston's out.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I wonder if that means we won't hear about Bledsoe, Tucker, and Frye until after then?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

So are the Suns one of the 3 finalist? We are one of the only three teams that were granted meetings.