Suns bought by Mat Ishbia…Sarver is Gone!!!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns bought by Mat Ishbia…Sarver is Gone!!!

Post by Superbone »

So, if the franchise sells for 4 billion, how does that work for the owners that didn't get bought out? I understand Ishbia will own over 50%. Sarver will get his percentage of the price but what about the minority that still have ownership? Will they get a portion of that 4B up front too?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think $4 billion is the valuation so the ones who don’t get bought out don’t get paid, but the value of their share goes up.

So let’s say 60% of the team was sold, Ishbia and his brother only actually paid 2.4 billion then. Do we know yet who didn’t sell?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Hopefully, Larry didn't sell.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:56 pm
I hope he did. The way he backed good ol Bobby was disgusting.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:23 pm
In2ition wrote:
You can only be honest, based on your own experience with the guy. What do you want him to say if he never experienced any of these things and was friends with him?

If he never experienced that side of Sarver, along with other people in the organization didn't see that side, should they be expected to pile on? It just doesn't seem realistic. I believe the people that said he's a POS, but that doesn't mean I have personal experience that he did that. I haven't heard any bad word about Larry, so I should be upset about him? Come on.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:34 pm
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
You can only be honest, based on your own experience with the guy. What do you want him to say if he never experienced any of these things and was friends with him?

If he never experienced that side of Sarver, along with other people in the organization didn't see that side, should they be expected to pile on? It just doesn't seem realistic. I believe the people that said he's a POS, but that doesn't mean I have personal experience that he did that. I haven't heard any bad word about Larry, so I should be upset about him? Come on.
You could come out against it if true and still say that wasn’t your own personal experience

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:46 pm
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:

You could come out against it if true and still say that wasn’t your own personal experience
Are you saying that Larry is not against what was reported? I don't think there is anything about Larry to say that he is for that reported behavior. So it's not fair to try to tie him to it, just because they were friends.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:41 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:46 pm
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Are you saying that Larry is not against what was reported? I don't think there is anything about Larry to say that he is for that reported behavior. So it's not fair to try to tie him to it, just because they were friends.
The report came out and was basically a slam dunk and he signed a statement calling the accusers liars.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Check out this article from azcentral:

Larry Fitzgerald among Phoenix Suns partners who sign statement disputing Sarver allegations

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 300450001/

Oh yeah, total bs to pretend like you didn’t witness his behaviors.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I'm starting to wonder if James Jones is literally not allowed to make any roster moves at all until this deal closes. But will it be before February 9?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

There's certainly a lot of stuff in limbo right now. We can speculate about how much flexibility Jones has with making trades right now, but if I were in Ishbia's position, I wouldn't want Jones dealing any core players or future assets right now. Of course there are exceptions, but something like attaching a first round pick to Jae Crowder for a rotation starter would give me pause.

A foreseeable outcome could be Ishbia wanting to get "his people" in the player personnel department, which would indicate Jones is on borrowed time. Jones' promotion to POBO is a pretty clear safety net for any potential dismissal in the near future, but I don't want to believe that'll happen sooner than later. I'd actually be concerned if Ishbia cleaned house so quickly, but there's a lot of Sarver PTSD built up. It wouldn't be fair to judge him so quickly after dropping $2B and (hopefully) saving the franchise from embarrassment.

Back to my first comment about stuff being in limbo, some comments critiquing Monty are outright insane to me. This is literally the first stretch of regular season adversity this team has had under him (maybe in '19-'20, but there were zero expectations), and it's not a coincidence it's come when the best player in franchise history isn't even healthy enough to travel with the team. I dislike watching this team get crushed in first quarters as much as the next fan, but lets not ignore the fact that it's only disappointing because of the heights this franchise has reached in large part due to Monty's leadership. This team was rolling 6 weeks ago despite not playing with a real starting PF or PG, but now it's his fault that the 10th men on the roster aren't good enough to compete with opposing starting lineups every night.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well said on the Monty stuff

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:12 pm
There's certainly a lot of stuff in limbo right now. We can speculate about how much flexibility Jones has with making trades right now, but if I were in Ishbia's position, I wouldn't want Jones dealing any core players or future assets right now. Of course there are exceptions, but something like attaching a first round pick to Jae Crowder for a rotation starter would give me pause.

A foreseeable outcome could be Ishbia wanting to get "his people" in the player personnel department, which would indicate Jones is on borrowed time. Jones' promotion to POBO is a pretty clear safety net for any potential dismissal in the near future, but I don't want to believe that'll happen sooner than later. I'd actually be concerned if Ishbia cleaned house so quickly, but there's a lot of Sarver PTSD built up. It wouldn't be fair to judge him so quickly after dropping $2B and (hopefully) saving the franchise from embarrassment.

Back to my first comment about stuff being in limbo, some comments critiquing Monty are outright insane to me. This is literally the first stretch of regular season adversity this team has had under him (maybe in '19-'20, but there were zero expectations), and it's not a coincidence it's come when the best player in franchise history isn't even healthy enough to travel with the team. I dislike watching this team get crushed in first quarters as much as the next fan, but lets not ignore the fact that it's only disappointing because of the heights this franchise has reached in large part due to Monty's leadership. This team was rolling 6 weeks ago despite not playing with a real starting PF or PG, but now it's his fault that the 10th men on the roster aren't good enough to compete with opposing starting lineups every night.
I feel like it’s Monty’s fault this team consistently gets down by 15-20 in the first quarter and plays with absolutely no fire. He needs to do something to fire them up.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm a big defender of Monty as a leader of men but I'm not sure he has the Xs & Os chops or the in-game and game to game adjustments chops. I think he needs some quality assistants to help in these areas. I'm losing some confidence here. Maybe it's all the injuries but I guess we'll see.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

There’s always room for improvement, but expecting Chris Paul and Torrey Craig to outplay Jalen Brunson and Julius Randle is delusional. I don’t believe there’s a scheme to overcome that skill gap.

Of course that significant disadvantage could be mitigated if the Suns young and skilled starters play up to the level expected of them. So far that’s been a coin flip at best in the past month.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:32 pm
There’s always room for improvement, but expecting Chris Paul and Torrey Craig to outplay Jalen Brunson and Julius Randle is delusional. I don’t believe there’s a scheme to overcome that skill gap.
Outplay? How about being competitive?
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:06 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
These guys are just going through the motions right now. Play some damn defense at the very least!

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:59 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:06 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
These guys are just going through the motions right now. Play some damn defense at the very least!

Exactly this.

I'm tired of typing out Chris Paul slander over the past few months, but it's deserved. Without Booker, he's the leader of the team and his old man, apparent half assed effort are a huge issue with the whole team performance right now.

Split T

Post by Split T »