Suns News: Week 15 (1/23 - 1/29)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Suns News: Week 15 (1/23 - 1/29)

Post by carey »

It's been deleted. What did it say?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:15 pm
It's been deleted. What did it say?
I edited the post to include it

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:13 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:23 am
At least we will have an owner who (likely) will allow Jones do something rather than an owner who insists Jones do nothing.
Fixed that for you.
Jones is glad you have bought in on the Sarver scapegoat.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:22 am
A lot (probably more than half) of Suns fans want Ayton to stay for a variety of reasons. But yes I would say those reasons include him being the #1 pick, which is not only a unique thing in the franchise's history but also has to do with not wanting that to look like a failure on the Suns part by giving up on him (even if it's argued they should have picked someone else, if the pick was still a successful franchise center then that's not a failure).
Keeping Ayton around doesn't make the pick successful. That's an illusion that even the casual fan probably won't buy. We saw this in Minnesota with Andrew Wiggings. They gave him his money, but the performance didn't match. The media was down on him and the fans were ready to move on.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:12 pm

This is a weird report from Gambo…makes me think he found out his original report that we had had zero discussions about him was wrong and he’s covering his tracks just in case

I guess he deleted, but it said:

Jalen McDaniels has had some really good games for Charlotte this month including a 15-point, 10-rebound game vs Phoenix Tuesday. He will be an UFA after season. Phx had not previously discussed him as a player to acquire but his recent play may draw interest from them and others
Good thing he deleted that, because that was a clown post. Minnesota fought to keep him out of the Gobert trade. There was already buzz around him before the season started. If Gambo and/or the Suns are just now becoming aware of him based on his recent play, that's just more fuel for the fire of how underwhelming this front office is when it comes to scouting and trades, as well as how clueless Gambo is.

Split T

Post by Split T »

You’re thinking of his brother Jaden McDaniels. This is talking about Jalen with the Hornets

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:54 am
You’re thinking of his brother Jaden McDaniels. This is talking about Jalen with the Hornets
The irony!

Caught that post from Gambo...I don't know what sources he still has with the org but the backtracking and then deleting of the post was interesting.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yooo peeps !! Lol

I just found this so funny and had to share :lol: :twisted:
I hardly watch TV as I just mainly stream sports/shows and have the different packages so I hardly ever see commercials

Saw this last night and was like Wait a min, whaatt ?!?
CP3 has a New Ad with a part saying "Those are the hips of a champion!"

Think we can all agree that he's been sharp since returning from his Hip Injury
Obviously now looking for the clip, I've seen it first aired 3months ago but the Irony there had me cracking up last night :D
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

^ It's just a little too real, is the thing. It reminds me of when Karl Malone started doing Rogaine ads.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:17 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:13 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:23 am
At least we will have an owner who (likely) will allow Jones do something rather than an owner who insists Jones do nothing.
Fixed that for you.
Jones is glad you have bought in on the Sarver scapegoat.
Sorry, I didn't know you were an insider. We will see, won't we? Or not if somebody (Myers?) is brought in.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:32 am
Yooo peeps !! Lol

I hardly watch TV as I just mainly stream sports/shows and have the different packages so I hardly ever see commercials

Obviously now looking for the clip, I've seen it first aired 3months ago but the Irony there had me cracking up last night :D
Nice for you that you’re seeing that ad for the first time because the rest of us have seen it at least eleventy billion times.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:32 am
Yooo peeps !! Lol

You can't miss this commercial when watching the games on TV. They play it constantly. After his lackluster play since turning 37 and until this most recent return, I was starting to wonder if he wasn't being serious about transitioning from basketball to speed walking.

Check out the Boban commercial too where he wants a career in broadcasting.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Oh my bad guys Hahaha
I can definitely see how it would have been annoying with everything that's transpired so far 🤦🏾‍♂️

Split T

Post by Split T »

We gonna talk about how CP3 looks really good lately? Anyone getting their hopes up? With Booker coming back soon, Mikal looking like he’s progressed as legit 3rd option, CamJ back letting it fly and CP3 finding his rhythm, are we looking ok? Just need to make a Crowder trade and get 2021 Playoffs Ayton and we might have a shot.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I don't think I'm fanboying (inventing words here lol) by agreeing that The Twin have upped their level so for me there's enough visual and statistical evidence to support your post

Unfortunately the abstract nature of hope/trust is probably not gonna be on most person's mind. The DA doubt gonna be here basically forever and the Burn from last year ain't leaving nobody's mind anytime soon
Think I can speak for most with that take.

Funny enough, most of us "Saucey" especially was adamant that last regular season we didn't focus on DA, Mikal and CamJ enough. I'm fairly certain (not so dramatic with the injuries) but if these guys were playing like this last season lots of us would have been excited heading into the Playoffs

Right now tho can see most just going with the Lowered/Zero Expectations frame of mind

Split T

Post by Split T »

It’s funny how that works…record and outside expectations greatly impact our own expectations. We might feel better about the individual players this year(with some exceptions) but because we’re sitting at .500 and in play-in territory, we are collectively down on our chances as compared to last season.

I’m hesitant to get too excited, because of how this season has gone and how the playoffs ended last year, but I have to admit that if the CP3, Mikal, and CamJ we’ve seen lately is what we’re gonna get, plus a healthy Book, we can beat just about anyone.

Ayton is still the big question. I would love if we could find someone in a Crowder trade that at least gives us an alternative to Ayton with the other starters. Not sure if it was discussed here, but Zach Lowe said to watch for the Suns as a John Collins destination. He said Crowder/contracts/1st should get it done. I would do that.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:46 am
I don't think I'm fanboying (inventing words here lol) by agreeing that The Twin have upped their level so for me there's enough visual and statistical evidence to support your post

Unfortunately the abstract nature of hope/trust is probably not gonna be on most person's mind. The DA doubt gonna be here basically forever and the Burn from last year ain't leaving nobody's mind anytime soon
Think I can speak for most with that take.

Funny enough, most of us "Saucey" especially was adamant that last regular season we didn't focus on DA, Mikal and CamJ enough. I'm fairly certain (not so dramatic with the injuries) but if these guys were playing like this last season lots of us would have been excited heading into the Playoffs

Right now tho can see most just going with the Lowered/Zero Expectations frame of mind
Said it all year they (Monty) were showing their amateur status last year more focused on short term success (regular season wins) rather than meaningful progress heading into the playoffs. They just rode booker and Paul and booker and Paul over and over again in close games instead of incorporating the development of the others, and didn’t do anything to bolster the roster either.

Mikals recent stretch has been nice to see, but I need to still see it in hyped games on a national stage where he tends to go invisible offensively. I’m not convinced this roster can win at the highest stage, especially with the PussAndre Ayton we’ve gotten this year.

All for a deal to shake it up

carey

Post by carey »

John Collins would beast here. He's an amazing finisher in the pick & roll. I don't know how he'd work with Ayton but he's a good player.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya the Ayton fit isn’t great, especially if Collins is going to continue to shoot poorly from 3, but I’d probably bring him off the bench and play a lot of his minutes at the 5 against 2nd units.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I would love to swing a 3 team deal with SA and ATL to get DA to ATL and Collins, Bogi and Poettl to us sending out DA and a pick