Suns News: Week 16 (1/30 - 2/5)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Suns News: Week 16 (1/30 - 2/5)

Post by Mori Chu »

If OG gets injured a lot, what's he going to do when he has WebMD taking care of him here?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I don't trust Anunoby's health. He misses a lot of games. I'd take him for Crowder, sure. But not for Cam J and picks. Is he a better defender than Cam? Absolutely. Is he so much better that we can afford to lose what Cam gives us on offense? I don't think so.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

https://apple.news/AUO59r7kiRB261G_Rr5fH-g

Attaboy Kal! More like Kal-El (Superman)!

carey

Post by carey »

Wormwood wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:05 am
His stock is a little low due to injuries the past couple seasons, but buy low, right?
3 first round picks is buying low? That’s what NY paid for Carmelo in his prime.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Wormwood wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:05 am
INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:03 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:21 pm
Sam Vecenie on OG

Vecenie is way too high on him.
If you can get OG for expirings plus 3 late first round picks, you have to do that. Odds of you getting a top 10 NBA defender who can guard 4-5 positions who also shoots very well from three with one of those picks in the 20-30 range is low. He'd represents a better long term solution (OG is only 25) at PF than Cam Johnson, who isn't nearly the defender. In terms of defensive RPM, OG is on a par with Mikal. His stock is a little low due to injuries the past couple seasons, but buy low, right?
OG offers a different dimension than CamJ. He can hold his own against the weight and strength of bigger PFs, some centers and someone like Doncic that tries to bully everyone on switches. CamJ was abused quite a bit by Luka, but he doesn't offer nearly as much on the offensive end.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Ayton, 3 1st for Siakim

Or

Ayton and Cam Payne 2 1st for FVV and OG

Then use Jae in 3 way trade to try and get Poeltl

CP-Book-Mikal-OG-Poeltl
FVV-Lee-Cam-Biz

Or

CP-Book-Mikal-Siakim-Poeltl.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:31 pm
I think we're at the point where Bridges contract is not a fair place marker. He's already met the production and development level to merit the contract value, and we're approaching it being on the best value contracts in the league.
I think that is only true while he is in the midst of his best streak of games of his career. This wasn't true a month ago. This wasn't true last year in the playoffs. If Scrimmage Bridges is here to stay, then I think we can arrive at your evaluation. But until then, taking last season and all of this season into account, he has been a valuable but expensive role player.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TOO wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:09 am
I don't think blowing all your draft assets is buying low, just my opinion of course.
Exactly. Does anyone watch the Suns and think, "man, we're just one elite perimeter defender away from winning it all"?

Why are we throwing all of our assets at a non-star who isn't even a gifted scorer?

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:10 am

Ayton, 3 1st for Siakim

Or

Ayton and Cam Payne 2 1st for FVV and OG

Then use Jae in 3 way trade to try and get Poeltl

CP-Book-Mikal-OG-Poeltl
FVV-Lee-Cam-Biz

Or

CP-Book-Mikal-Siakim-Poeltl.
Gotta be honest -- these are some terrible trades. Ayton AND 3 first rounders???

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:40 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I think we're at the point where Bridges contract is not a fair place marker. He's already met the production and development level to merit the contract value, and we're approaching it being on the best value contracts in the league.
I think that is only true while he is in the midst of his best streak of games of his career. This wasn't true a month ago. This wasn't true last year in the playoffs. If Scrimmage Bridges is here to stay, then I think we can arrive at your evaluation. But until then, taking last season and all of this season into account, he has been a valuable but expensive role player.
Curious if you think Bridges' offensive development is for real.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Wally_West wrote:
Ayton, 3 1st for Siakim
That is a gross overpay. Siakim is not 3 1st round picks better than Ayton. That offer basically makes Ayton a throw-in.

You're only getting Siakim under contract for one year after this one, but you're giving up draft picks all the way to 2027?!

I like Siakim, and he fits what the Suns do, but the Suns would be foolish to give up everything for him.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:46 am
Wally_West wrote:
Ayton, 3 1st for Siakim
That is a gross overpay. Siakim is not 3 1st round picks better than Ayton. That offer basically makes Ayton a throw-in.

You're only getting Siakim under contract for one year after this one, but you're giving up draft picks all the way to 2027?!

I like Siakim, and he fits what the Suns do, but the Suns would be foolish to give up everything for him.
If I am sending out three 1sts, then I am keeping Ayton and sending back salary filler and perhaps Cam Johnson if they throw someone back. End of my fantasy trade.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

INFORMER wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Ayton, 3 1st for Siakim

Hell no 3 1sts. I’d give up Salary filler and 2 1sts for Siakam, or DA and a single first and a swap for him.

And OG is getting no more than a single first, and I don’t want to trade CamJ or any of our top 5 for him

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:42 am
TOO wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:09 am
I don't think blowing all your draft assets is buying low, just my opinion of course.
Exactly. Does anyone watch the Suns and think, "man, we're just one elite perimeter defender away from winning it all"?

Why are we throwing all of our assets at a non-star who isn't even a gifted scorer?
Makes zero sense. He’d be a luxury to this current group and we’d still have all the same holes, and that’s if we don’t send anyone significant back

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:18 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Ayton, 3 1st for Siakim

Hell no 3 1sts. I’d give up Salary filler and 2 1sts for Siakam, or DA and a single first and a swap for him.

And OG is getting no more than a single first, and I don’t want to trade CamJ or any of our top 5 for him
Not to mention... What happens again when our PG's go down? We need an answer to that problem too

carey

Post by carey »

If the Knicks are looking to shake things up and add OG I wonder if they'd be interested in Ayton? I'm sure DA would waive his no trade to go there. I'd want Mitchell Robinson (he'll be back active from thumb surgery in about a week) and other players but I am not sure what. Toppin? I think CP would make Robinson a beast. Robinson, Toppin and Cam Reddish? We'd have a full season to see what Toppin can do away from NY.

Paul-Payne
Booker-Lee
Bridges-Reddish
Cam J.-Toppin
Robinson-B.B.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

I wouldn’t give up 3 1sts for OG…but I’d do it for Siakam

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:40 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
You don’t think his play before this last month is worth his salary? Or just that he wasn’t a value contract? To me I think he showed he was worth 20 million a year before and if he keeps up his current play, he’s a steal at 20 million.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Ayton, 3 1st for Siakim

The Ainge trades has made everyone lose their damn minds man. All of a sudden first rounders are just sweeteners? Wtf is happening