2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: 2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:33 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:19 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:48 pm
I do think that looks better on the actual players
Even better on you or me. My skinny pale arms gangling out of a too large jersey. My ET physique. Flat chest, small gut. Definitely no undershirt.
Samesies.
Get in the gym guys.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:04 pm
TOO wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Split T wrote:
Even better on you or me. My skinny pale arms gangling out of a too large jersey. My ET physique. Flat chest, small gut. Definitely no undershirt.
Samesies.
Get in the gym guys.
I'm married with kids, I've peaked.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

TOO wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:40 pm
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Split T wrote:
Samesies.
Get in the gym guys.
Marries with grandkids. Peaked decades ago.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Split T wrote:
Samesies.
Get in the gym guys.
Been there, done that. I’m proof that it’s never too late to peak again. I’m stronger and more muscular now than at any time in at least the last 25 years. I wish I had kept up on it over the years but better late than never.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:01 pm
TOO wrote:
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

Samesies.
Get in the gym guys.
Been there, done that. I’m proof that it’s never too late to peak again. I’m stronger and more muscular now than at any time in at least the last 25 years. I wish I had kept up on it over the years but better late than never.
Good job ‘Bone! I got a pool about 3 years ago and been swimming every day since. Bought a wetsuit for the winter months (cost to heat is way too expensive or I would) and never stopped. With the plethora of back issues, this is the best and only real workout I can do and actually helps my back take the pressure off the nerves. The real kicker… the amount of help I got mentally from working out was just as valuable as the physical benefits I got.

I think the real issue most people have is having the time to take care of theirselves. Between work, kids and life… it’s hard to fit in for most.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:44 pm
I've noticed KD looking under the influence on the bench with us when he was injured. Also noticed another guy playing like it.
I don't really care if they use it, though I'd prefer for them not to do so on/near a game day. It does help manage pain, and I'm sure these guys train hard and have sore aching bodies.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
I'm in my mid-40s with three kids. I am in okay shape, not awesome. I'm still skinny; always have been thin, so I haven't gained a lot of dad bod weight yet. I used to be more active and have more muscle, but nowadays I can find time for a brief run about 2-3 times a week and some light weight lifting about 1-2 times a week. It's not quite enough, and I did a lot more when I had no kids. But I would say I'm doing the best I can. It may get easier when the kids get older; my kids are 5, 4, and 2, so they need a lot of direct minute-to-minute attention.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:25 am
ShelC wrote:
I've noticed KD looking under the influence on the bench with us when he was injured. Also noticed another guy playing like it.
I don't really care if they use it, though I'd prefer for them not to do so on/near a game day. It does help manage pain, and I'm sure these guys train hard and have sore aching bodies.
Much rather they be using cannabis instead of opiates or street drugs. Then again Richard dumas was amazing coked out of his mind lol jk

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:27 am
Superbone wrote:
I'm in my mid-40s with three kids. I am in okay shape, not awesome. I'm still skinny; always have been thin, so I haven't gained a lot of dad bod weight yet. I used to be more active and have more muscle, but nowadays I can find time for a brief run about 2-3 times a week and some light weight lifting about 1-2 times a week. It's not quite enough, and I did a lot more when I had no kids. But I would say I'm doing the best I can. It may get easier when the kids get older; my kids are 5, 4, and 2, so they need a lot of direct minute-to-minute attention.
I’d argue that kids that age ARE the,workout :lol: Anything you can do is better than nothing… so at least you’re doing something.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
ShelC wrote:
How about if they use it at midnight and then stay up playing video games until 2-3 in the morning, and then use it on game day and then watch their teammates fight for a rebound while standing out of bounds?

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:19 am
Mori Chu wrote:
ShelC wrote:
How about if they use it at midnight and then stay up playing video games until 2-3 in the morning, and then use it on game day and then watch their teammates fight for a rebound while standing out of bounds?
Wrong thread…. Lol

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:32 am
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
Samesies.
Get in the gym guys.
Good job ‘Bone! I got a pool about 3 years ago and been swimming every day since. Bought a wetsuit for the winter months (cost to heat is way too expensive or I would) and never stopped. With the plethora of back issues, this is the best and only real workout I can do and actually helps my back take the pressure off the nerves. The real kicker… the amount of help I got mentally from working out was just as valuable as the physical benefits I got.

I think the real issue most people have is having the time to take care of theirselves. Between work, kids and life… it’s hard to fit in for most.
That is awesome, man! Especially as you are dealing with physical issues. That is super impressive. And you're right, trying to fit it in to a busy life is the hardest part. You have to make it a priority. Figure out how many hours a day you have available and dedicate a small percentage to staying fit. It took a heart attack to wake me up from the Matrix. Three consistent years is fantastic. I've been at it consistently for 15 months now which is the longest I've ever done it by far. I have made it part of my lifestyle now. I agree on the mental benefits as well. I started at the beginning of my last full year of work so I know it's not easy to fit it in. Like the Nike slogan: Just do it.
Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:34 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:27 am
Superbone wrote:
I’d argue that kids that age ARE the workout :lol: Anything you can do is better than nothing… so at least you’re doing something.
The fact that you've been able to stay skinny is in itself amazing. I was a skinny kid but ballooned up in my 40s and 50s. And I agree with K. Anything is better than nothing. Just doing what you're doing now with young kids is admirable.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
ShelC wrote:
Come on, man! Nobody making millions of dollars to play basketball would jeopardize their career by behaving like that. And they sure wouldn't have a very good public perception if they did.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Suns have the most handsome backcourt in the league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
ShelC wrote:
You mean, what if Monty FORCED him to use it at midnight and FORCED him to play video games till 2-3 in the morning by not sending the player texts full of heart emojis??

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I will be happy to no longer hear from people that Okogie or Gordon or some pg will be the 5th starter. This is my prediction.

3TheHardaway

Post by 3TheHardaway »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:53 pm
I will be happy to no longer hear from people that Okogie or Gordon or some pg will be the 5th starter. This is my prediction.
I think he will be great against certain teams, especially teams with large wings and meh point guard play (Lebron/Lakers, Kawhi/Clippers, Derozan as in the clip, maybe even Luka) but I don't want Booker/Beal having to chase Murray, Steph, D. Fox, Ja, SGA and burning their energy on the defensive end.

I wonder if we might go 5th starter by committee with Torrey upgraded to KBD, and hoping that JO improves his shot into next year.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I still think it’ll be Okogie. KBD will probably be the first player off the bench. I’d imagine Beal goes to the bench and we bring in KBD. Beal probably comes back when Booker goes out.

pickle

Post by pickle »

5th starter by committee and 5th game finisher by committee too…