Around the League: Week 11 3/1-3/7

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
BAMF

Re: Around the League: Week 11 3/1-3/7

Post by BAMF »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:34 pm
BAMF wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:28 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:08 pm
BAMF wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:32 pm
The nets can offer him the most because of their player exception for Dinwiddie. So most likely their or Miami as he could be a starter their IMO.
Superbone wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:45 pm
Welcome, BAMF! Good time to be a Suns fan!

More like, welcome back! Been a LONG time BAMF.
Indy Knows!!! Its me BAMF from back in the day my friends.... Like over 10 years ago easy. I used to make the Sam Cassel Admiral Akbar Memes Xman was my avatar. If you all remember. I left because my email account was removed by the provider and I forgot my password or something. This was right after one of the regulars had passed away.
I think I remember, it was a Nate Grey avatar, right?
Xavier McDaniel when he was with the Suns. I used to contend that trading him for Mustaf in 91-92 was a big mistake that long term led us to lose the Title. He and Barkley would have been too much to handle for anyone and give us the toughness we were always scrutinized at the time for not having.

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

Indy wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:23 pm
BAMF wrote:
Indy wrote:
BAMF wrote:
The nets can offer him the most because of their player exception for Dinwiddie. So most likely their or Miami as he could be a starter their IMO.
Superbone wrote:

Indy Knows!!! Its me BAMF from back in the day my friends.... Like over 10 years ago easy. I used to make the Sam Cassel Admiral Akbar Memes Xman was my avatar. If you all remember. I left because my email account was removed by the provider and I forgot my password or something. This was right after one of the regulars had passed away.
Was that MEE that passed away about that time? Seems about right. I miss the sense of community she brought to the (old) site.
Yes it was MEE such an awesome person! I miss community period maybe why I'm back lol. I left a little after that. Those were good times. On the tech side looks like we use PHPBB now didn't we used to use PostNuke or something like that back then? If you know if not maybe Mori?

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

Wormwood wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:22 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:12 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:00 am
I would guess that Blake will end up on the Lakers (Blakers!) or Nets. If you're chasing a title, that's where you go.
And you likely already had your agent figure out which team wanted you and for how much and what kind of role you would get, before working on a buy-out with your current team. Wherever he is going, it is already done.
I think Indy is onto something here.

I think Blake MIGHT be a good fit, and you certainly have to think about it given his potential upside, and the fact that PF is our weakest starting position. That said, Javale McGee might make the most sense filling a role we don't have: back up C who can bang, rebound, etc... This used to be more important, but as the league has gone to stretch 4/5s, it hasn't been critical.

Weird thought: Saric and Kaminsky have been good this year. Saric has old man game, but he looks smooth. Kaminsky has old man game, but he looks uncoordinated. Still doesn't stop him from being very serviceable as a back up 4/5.
I agree with McGee but not Blake him being Kendals ex and his old beef with CP3 I dont see helping team chemistry.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Welcome back, BAMF

"Xavier McDaniel when he was with the Suns. I used to contend that trading him for Mustaf in 91-92 was a big mistake that long term led us to lose the Title. He and Barkley would have been too much to handle for anyone and give us the toughness we were always scrutinized at the time for not having."

The issue with X-Man was his knees and back were aching. He'd been a high work-rate, physical player, and it was taking toll on his game. Mustaf, though, proved to be no bargain...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

LazarusLong wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:33 am
Welcome back, BAMF

"Xavier McDaniel when he was with the Suns. I used to contend that trading him for Mustaf in 91-92 was a big mistake that long term led us to lose the Title. He and Barkley would have been too much to handle for anyone and give us the toughness we were always scrutinized at the time for not having."

The issue with X-Man was his knees and back were aching. He'd been a high work-rate, physical player, and it was taking toll on his game. Mustaf, though, proved to be no bargain...
I know he only had a few years left but as you see with the Knicks it was a mistake to trade him and we would have gotten more in that series. Especially with the loss of Ced. I just think we gave up on him way too early. Still bumming about the Dumas for Rodman trade too lol.

BTW great to see you too LL

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I remember the Rodman trade rumors. Dennis would have driven Suns management nuts ... ;)
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

This convo got me thinking and I found this cool article Its missing Captain Jack though when we traded him for McDyess.

https://hoopshabit.com/2020/03/12/phoen ... -10-stars/

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SunsRIt wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:45 pm
Wow, okay. Why don’t you look at the rest of the quote and later on where she said Hitler was a mass-murderer. What she actually said was Hitler wanting make Germany great again( because of the Treaty of Versailles following WW1) it would have been okay. But Hitler went off the rails and decided he wanted more than that. He wanted world domination and no Jews. And that wasn’t okay. You’re better than that Indy. At least I thought so.
Let's move such talk to the Politics thread if you want to continue this line of discussion. I apologize for inadvertently starting it by typing Candace's name incorrectly. But I don't want this sort of heated political back-and-forth in the main NBA area.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

LazarusLong wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:33 am
Welcome back, BAMF

Especially to his girlfriend.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:35 am
SunsRIt wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:45 pm
Wow, okay. Why don’t you look at the rest of the quote and later on where she said Hitler was a mass-murderer. What she actually said was Hitler wanting make Germany great again( because of the Treaty of Versailles following WW1) it would have been okay. But Hitler went off the rails and decided he wanted more than that. He wanted world domination and no Jews. And that wasn’t okay. You’re better than that Indy. At least I thought so.
Let's move such talk to the Politics thread if you want to continue this line of discussion. I apologize for inadvertently starting it by typing Candace's name incorrectly. But I don't want this sort of heated political back-and-forth in the main NBA area.
Please!

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:27 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:56 pm
I watched the first of the four documentary shows about NBA on TNT. The first episode was really good.
Where to watch?
TNT

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:40 am
Danimal wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I watched the first of the four documentary shows about NBA on TNT. The first episode was really good.
Where to watch?
TNT
What's it called? I'm going to look elsewhere since no cable.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

LazarusLong wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:06 am
I remember the Rodman trade rumors. Dennis would have driven Suns management nuts ... ;)
I always liked the Junkyard Dog players although its never really been a Suns culture thing. But hey it took them 10 years to remember what our Suns culture thing is in always having one of the most elite point guards in the NBA on the team.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Embiid and Simmons out of the all star game due to contact tracing...Getting risky...I’m glad Book isn’t there...almost wish Paul would just withdraw.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

BAMF wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:12 am
Indy wrote:
BAMF wrote:
Indy wrote:
BAMF wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Was that MEE that passed away about that time? Seems about right. I miss the sense of community she brought to the (old) site.
Yes it was MEE such an awesome person! I miss community period maybe why I'm back lol. I left a little after that. Those were good times. On the tech side looks like we use PHPBB now didn't we used to use PostNuke or something like that back then? If you know if not maybe Mori?
Welcome back! I think we all miss MEE...

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Split T wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:08 am
Embiid and Simmons out of the all star game due to contact tracing...Getting risky...I’m glad Book isn’t there...almost wish Paul would just withdraw.
I not commenting on this weekend anymore
My thoughts/worries bout it have had me feeling like I'm the Grumpy Old Man so all I can say is SMFH :?

One of my buddies who Fan Boys over Taylor Rooks sent me a clip of whatever that 2 on 2 thing was last night. My first reaction was none of the hosts had on masks sigh lol, crazy how that's my initial thought all the time well is it what it is
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:16 am
Superbone wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:40 am
Danimal wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Where to watch?
TNT
What's it called? I'm going to look elsewhere since no cable.
The Inside Story

https://decider.com/2021/03/04/inside-t ... to-stream/

"Be Legendary."

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

virtual9mm wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:10 am
BAMF wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:12 am
Indy wrote:
BAMF wrote:
Indy wrote:

Welcome back! I think we all miss MEE...
Thank you!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:25 pm
I'm good! I'm in IT as well. Been working with the ServiceNow platform for awhile. About to start a new role as a Solutions Architect remotely for a company out of Boston. Living in the Moon Valley area, a bit centrally located. Wow. Small world for sure.
I did some SNow work recently. Not my cup of tea, but there sure is demand for smart people.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

A new wrinkle in the 3pt contest. They added a couple of Curry/Booker almost half court shots to the mix.