Suns News: Week 16 (1/30 - 2/5)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Drewsprocket

Re: Suns News: Week 16 (1/30 - 2/5)

Post by Drewsprocket »

The thing I find so aggravating amidst all this thought of how to retool our team by the deadline is knowing how bad we missed out on the 2020 draft. We missed on 4 potentially five quality starters and one franchise player. And 5 other role players. A coin flip could have made a better draft choice than JJ.
Haliburton
Bane
Vassell
Maxey
Immanual Quickley
Saddiq Bey
Isiah Stewart
Cole Anthony
Jaden Mcdaniels
Precious Achiuwa

Split T

Post by Split T »

TOO wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:04 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:46 am
Wally_West wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:10 am
Ayton, 3 1st for Siakim
That is a gross overpay. Siakim is not 3 1st round picks better than Ayton. That offer basically makes Ayton a throw-in.

You're only getting Siakim under contract for one year after this one, but you're giving up draft picks all the way to 2027?!

I like Siakim, and he fits what the Suns do, but the Suns would be foolish to give up everything for him.
The Ainge trades has made everyone lose their damn minds man. All of a sudden first rounders are just sweeteners? Wtf is happening
I don’t think Cleveland is complaining

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:55 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:40 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:31 pm
I think we're at the point where Bridges contract is not a fair place marker. He's already met the production and development level to merit the contract value, and we're approaching it being on the best value contracts in the league.
I think that is only true while he is in the midst of his best streak of games of his career. This wasn't true a month ago. This wasn't true last year in the playoffs. If Scrimmage Bridges is here to stay, then I think we can arrive at your evaluation. But until then, taking last season and all of this season into account, he has been a valuable but expensive role player.
You don’t think his play before this last month is worth his salary? Or just that he wasn’t a value contract?
He wasn't a value contract.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:17 pm
TOO wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Ayton, 3 1st for Siakim
That is a gross overpay. Siakim is not 3 1st round picks better than Ayton. That offer basically makes Ayton a throw-in.

You're only getting Siakim under contract for one year after this one, but you're giving up draft picks all the way to 2027?!

I like Siakim, and he fits what the Suns do, but the Suns would be foolish to give up everything for him.
The Ainge trades has made everyone lose their damn minds man. All of a sudden first rounders are just sweeteners? Wtf is happening
Because Mitchell is a superstar.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Sucks for DWJ but Lee is more of a PG and I thought he was a good setup/glue guy for the 2nd unit.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yup
Saw this coming
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think that's a good decision. DWJ has some scoring chops, but he is too much of a chucker. Saben Lee brings actual PG skills and can run the offense, which is much closer to what we need. Glad we are keeping him around.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

carey wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:31 pm
If the Knicks are looking to shake things up and add OG I wonder if they'd be interested in Ayton? I'm sure DA would waive his no trade to go there. I'd want Mitchell Robinson (he'll be back active from thumb surgery in about a week) and other players but I am not sure what. Toppin? I think CP would make Robinson a beast. Robinson, Toppin and Cam Reddish? We'd have a full season to see what Toppin can do away from NY.

Paul-Payne
Booker-Lee
Bridges-Reddish
Cam J.-Toppin
Robinson-B.B.
I’m not sure Ayton would give up his no trade clause to go there. The New York media would eat him for lunch.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:54 pm
I think that's a good decision. DWJ has some scoring chops, but he is too much of a chucker. Saben Lee brings actual PG skills and can run the offense, which is much closer to what we need. Glad we are keeping him around.
Felt this way when watching him play for the Pacers. He has improved while in Phoenix but hasn't evolved if that makes sense. Now we really need to acquire some benching scoring.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:20 pm
Split T wrote:
TOO wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Ayton, 3 1st for Siakim

Because Mitchell is a superstar.
Well he said Ainge trades, so I assumed he meant the Mitchell one too..and I think Siakam is more Mitchell than Gobert

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:46 pm
Sucks for DWJ but Lee is more of a PG and I thought he was a good setup/glue guy for the 2nd unit.

Washington had the occasional good scoring game, but was a cypher on defense and distributed the ball like it was a greased piglet.

Lee had a bit more complete game. Not a great scorer, but makes up in other facets of the game.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

TOO wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Ayton, 3 1st for Siakim

I love ya'll. But you are out of your damn minds. Show us on the doll where the Danny Ainge trade hurt you.

No but seriously. We cannot attach picks to Ayton for a guy like Siakim. Most of us are pretty down in Ayton but the rest of the league isn't as doom and gloom on him as us. Like you could say LAndry Shamet and three picks as an example but neither side is doing that trade. Ayton isn't a guy you need to attach picks to for a guy like Siakim.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ayton is definitely a guy you need to attach picks too to get Siakam. Siakam is a top-20, borderline all-nba guy. Ayton isn’t even top 50. You may not want to attach picks, but then you’re not getting him. Simple as that.

Split T

Post by Split T »

What if it’s Ayton for OG and FVV…how many picks would you give up for that?

I’m not a huge FVV guy, but that loads up our guard and wing rotations. Then you can try and move Crowder for a big.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:34 pm
What if it’s Ayton for OG and FVV…how many picks would you give up for that?

I’m not a huge FVV guy, but that loads up our guard and wing rotations. Then you can try and move Crowder for a big.
I suggested Ayton and Cam Payne 2 1st for FVV and OG and then use Crowder to get Poeltl on the previous page and everyone shitted on me lmao

They shitted on me too for sayin Ayton and 3 1st for Siakim but y’all definitely trippin on that one. That’s more than fair a deal.
Last edited by Wally_West on Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

If Ayton and 3 1st is an over pay for Siakim then COOL! Say less fam, if we can get it done with less picks you won’t see me complaining lol

I just don’t think it’s possible

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I think I’m on the same page as you…I just don’t think Ayton is that valuable

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:40 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:31 pm
I think we're at the point where Bridges contract is not a fair place marker. He's already met the production and development level to merit the contract value, and we're approaching it being on the best value contracts in the league.
I think that is only true while he is in the midst of his best streak of games of his career. This wasn't true a month ago. This wasn't true last year in the playoffs. If Scrimmage Bridges is here to stay, then I think we can arrive at your evaluation. But until then, taking last season and all of this season into account, he has been a valuable but expensive role player.
It wasn't true a month ago during one of the worst stretches of his career that happened to coincide with being tasked to carry the team for the first time. He was also likely carrying an injury and fought through it.

You can't tell me you're not encouraged by the development he's shown recently. Bringing the ball up under pressure against good defenders, the shot creating and making, still just as disruptive on the defensive perimeter... Then again, you've kinda always been a wet blanket when it came to Mikal, so I guess it would make sense for you to not believe he's going to outplay his contract value.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
TOO wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Ayton, 3 1st for Siakim

Clevelands roster is built for sustained success. They are better than us at pretty much every position.