Suns News: Week 10 12/28-1/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Suns News: Week 10 12/28-1/3

Post by Indy »

This current era (Monster Malaise?), however...
ma·laise
məˈlāz
noun
a general feeling of discomfort, illness, or uneasiness whose exact cause is difficult to identify.
I don't think 'malaise' should be used in any way for this current team.

A) This isn't simply discomfort. It is way worse.

B) There is nothing that is difficult to identify. Our problems are due to a poorly constructed team, top to bottom.

The only silver lining we have is that we know we have Len for 1 more year, TJ for 2, and Booker for 3.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

This is the era of the erectile dysfunction and the ifs and the excuses.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Superbone wrote:Don't forget that the ball finds the energy. Or something like that.
The ball does find energy, though. Atlanta and SAS are perfect examples of what happens when you move it around.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Superbone wrote:Don't forget that the ball finds the energy. Or something like that.
The ball does find energy, though. Atlanta and SAS are perfect examples of what happens when you move it around.
Yep, that's what D'Antoni always said.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

Cap wrote:Putting the younglings out on the court is one thing. But we need a coach who will do everything possible to help them become the best players they can be. Mike D doesn't have a history of doing that.
I am so very much in agreement with this. I don't know the coaching personnel all that well, and since the NBA seems to love picking away top teams' assistants and successful college coaches these days, I have to say I know basically 0 about realistic coaching hire options.

So instead, I'd just say, I want a front office that knows what it wants, and can nail drafts. And I want a coaching staff and system that can bring the best out of its players. I've mentioned this in the past -- one reason drafting Markieff over Kawhi doesn't make the top 10 Suns disappointment list for me is because I think in Phoenix, Kawhi never would become the player that he is today. So ... identify talent, and maximize that talent, even if on an individual basis, much like Golden State has done with Klay and Draymond and even Festus Ezeli, and then we talk about which coach can take that talent to the promised land.

Please please develop a reputation for player development. The miracle medical staff is nice but I'm sick of reviving other team's carcasses.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

iLLmatic wrote:
Dan H wrote:If Mike could commit to playing young guys I'd be interested to see what happened.
Mike played the young guys in the 2003-2004 campaign after we shipped off Marbury. I'll be honest and say I'd be intrigued to see how the players would respond.
Yeah, but that was as an interim. His bad habits started as soon as the Suns got Nash and starting tasting success. After that, D'Antoni became his own worst enemy.

He's not the coach to rebuild with.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Cap

Post by Cap »

INF! Quit being such a stranger! You're one of the most highly regarded posters on the site. Do you even lurk enough to know how much people complain about your absence?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Cap wrote:INF! Quit being such a stranger! You're one of the most highly regarded posters on the site. Do you even lurk enough to know how much people complain about your absence?
Thanks cap. I'm trying to come around more.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
Cap wrote:INF! Quit being such a stranger! You're one of the most highly regarded posters on the site. Do you even lurk enough to know how much people complain about your absence?
Thanks cap. I'm trying to come around more.
houston and phoenix are mediocre and crap this year so...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Seconded.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Seconded.
3rded

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Inf: Your takes are often cynical and jaundiced, pissing on the shoes of the status quo.

... my kind of guy.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Why would D'Antoni come back ?

There is no "Steve Nash-like" PG on the Suns today. The closest thing to Nash is the reigning MVP Steph Curry, who may be better. Bledsoe can't shoot like Nash and Knight is streaky. Suns have the athleticism to run, but shooting (at least consistent shooting), no. Mike D' always had shooters, never enough size inside (until Shaq came in), and never improved defensively. Maybe after watching GSW he has learned some things.

It'd be interesting to see, I just don't think it would work with this current roster.
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Uncle_Gene wrote:Why would D'Antoni come back ?

There is no "Steve Nash-like" PG on the Suns today. The closest thing to Nash is the reigning MVP Steph Curry, who may be better. Bledsoe can't shoot like Nash and Knight is streaky. Suns have the athleticism to run, but shooting (at least consistent shooting), no. Mike D' always had shooters, never enough size inside (until Shaq came in), and never improved defensively. Maybe after watching GSW he has learned some things.

It'd be interesting to see, I just don't think it would work with this current roster.
Because he wants a job, and opportunities are going to be hard to find in the future, unless Philly is what he wants.

BigDrawls007

Post by BigDrawls007 »

Hornacek takes slumping Suns bowling
In the midst of a nine-game losing streak, Suns coach Jeff Hornacek cut practice short and took the team across the street for bowling: "They were cheering for each other like we expect them to do on the court, and maybe some of this stuff carries over."

Really? :/

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

BigDrawls007 wrote:Hornacek takes slumping Suns bowling
In the midst of a nine-game losing streak, Suns coach Jeff Hornacek cut practice short and took the team across the street for bowling: "They were cheering for each other like we expect them to do on the court, and maybe some of this stuff carries over."

It couldn't hurt, could it?

"Be Legendary."

BigDrawls007

Post by BigDrawls007 »

I guess anything's worth a try at this point.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:

Kneecapping everybody on the roster couldn't make this team much worse.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Kneecapping everybody on the roster couldn't make this team much worse.
Jeff Gillooly, where are you?

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

WHY IS MARKIEFF MORRIS STILL ON THE TEAM????