Jeff Hornacek Fired

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Charlie Smithy!

Re: Jeff Hornacek Fired

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Managed over a year to play through a full season with the 92-93 Suns on 2K.

Set most of the starting 5 (KJ, Majerle, and Barkley) at 30 minutes, with 25 going to West, Miller, Ceballos and Dumas.

Even found minutes (and use!) for the likes of Negele Knight and Tim Kempton. Jerrod Mustaf rotted as a reserve because I couldn't bring myself to play him.

If any of you guys with a decent PC ever wanna play with the 1993 Suns in a video game, grab a copy of 2K14 (for PC, can be found for ~$10) and download the Ultimate Base Roster @

http://www.ultimatenba2k.com/

Would recommend an ad-blocker for that site though, as it is full of ads (though no malware, as far as I can tell).

This definitely was sorta bucket list material for me, as the last time (as a kid) I was able to play out the 1993 Suns season was in this game:

[youtube][/youtube]

Anyway, needless to say, I cherish that team and memory. Especially in lieu of the current state of the Suns.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Interesting stuff Keef said today about Hornacek.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:Interesting stuff Keef said today about Hornacek.
Seriously? You're going to leave us hanging with that?!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
I thought the same :lol:

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Sorry, that was from my phone and I figured everyone already saw it.

Here you go

First part of the article:
“Honestly, I don’t give a f--- how people look at it,” Morris said. “Like I said, Jeff was my guy from Day 1. Never had a problem with him even the so-said towel incident, never had a problem with him. Me and him always see eye to eye. We were just in a tough position.”

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Thanks, Indy. Busy work days for me lately.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Indy wrote:When you lose 3 out of 4 close games in a series, you weren't in it. Again, we will likely have to disagree on this, but it wasn't as close as most Suns fans want to remember.
Suns fans in general are incapable of accurately assessing their teams once they experience some success. Everything is almost, if this, if that, the other team got lucky, etc. It's one of the unfortunate things about the fanbase.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Indy

Jeff Hornacek Fired

Post by Indy »

INFORMER wrote:
Indy wrote:When you lose 3 out of 4 close games in a series, you weren't in it. Again, we will likely have to disagree on this, but it wasn't as close as most Suns fans want to remember.
Suns fans in general are incapable of accurately assessing their teams once they experience some success. Everything is almost, if this, if that, the other team got lucky, etc. It's one of the unfortunate things about the fanbase.
I think it has to do with never winning even one. Less about the Suns fans in general.

It's really hard to swallow. Especially if you have been a fan since the 80s (and before) since they were the only game in town and you lock a bunch of your devotion into one team.