NBA Western/Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: NBA Western/Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:Booker is a keeper! It would take a superstar to move him.
A superstar? There aren't many of them. Lebron, Curry, AD, KD, Westbrook. Maybe one or two more. Do you say this because you expect him to be a top 5 player in this league in the next few years?
I say this because he has just as much potential as anybody in the league who isn't a superstar.
I am very happy we have him, but I think there are many guys in the league that aren't top 5 that are better than him. He may achieve the potential we see in him, or he may turn into Zarko.
That's not fair. Zarko had one good game.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This Warriors/OKC Game 5 is spicy. Warriors come out with a ton of energy and rush out to a big lead. Currently 47-43 Warriors but the crowd is really into it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Warriors hold on to win. If they win Game 6, I think they take the series. To me it sure looked like OKC was still the more dominant team, but that Golden State was completely emptying the tank and playing at 100%. I think in their own home court the Thunder can probably close it out.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, Warriors pulled it out but it wasn't easy! OKC was relentless. The Warriors had to give it everything they've got. I just don't see the Warriors winning the next one at OKC. But I agree, if they can somehow muster it, I'd think they'd win game 7 at home.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Warriors with their fewest 3pt attempts and the most minutes for Bogut of this series. Last year they had a lot of success against a wiped out cavs team by going small. I think it has taken them too long to adjust to the physicality of OKC and remember that they have a pretty good big guy.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

I really like Steven Adams.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Whelp, Cavs it is. Should be a good Finals whoever comes out of the West.

"Be Legendary."

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Hermen wrote:I really like Steven Adams.
I don't know if I like him but I wish we would have drafted him rather than Alex Len.
This BUD'S for us! - Play fast Play well - Go Suns!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I am ready to give Len all the time of the world. If he tops as role player I'm ok with it. We have not had many centers better than him when he is minimally on. I don't care it was a #5. He can easily fight against the Hensons, Zazas, Splitters, etc. Adams is having a nice series. I think Len is capable of doing well in the playoffs. He is not a pussy.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ring_Wanted wrote:I am ready to give Len all the time of the world. If he tops as role player I'm ok with it. We have not had many centers better than him when he is minimally on. I don't care it was a #5. He can easily fight against the Hensons, Zazas, Splitters, etc. Adams is having a nice series. I think Len is capable of doing well in the playoffs. He is not a pussy.
The problem is that there were 6 centers taken in the 1st round of that draft, and Len was not only the first, but also is likely the 5th best. I am willing to give him time, but we didn't make the right choice.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I'm not thrilled so far either but nobody else truly impress me but Gobert. Noel, Adams and Olynyk are nice role player but hardly can't miss stuff. Only Noel was projected at the range we picked. Len has had his moments. If he becomes consistent he'll be a very nice piece to have.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Predictions for tonight? Can the Warriors pull off the win in OKC and force a game 7 or do the Thunder finish them off tonight at home? I think it's a close call but I think the home court advantage will be tough to overcome.

If the Thunder finish it off, the Warriors will have to look at Game One where they led the whole game and lost at the end. I think the Warriors took their foot off the pedal in that one and it cost them dearly.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

GSW comes back from down 13 to trail by 5 at the half. Curry shooting 2-7 FG.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Ring_Wanted wrote:I'm not thrilled so far either but nobody else truly impress me but Gobert. Noel, Adams and Olynyk are nice role player but hardly can't miss stuff. Only Noel was projected at the range we picked. Len has had his moments. If he becomes consistent he'll be a very nice piece to have.
The predictions were all over the shop leading into that draft. Len was getting some buzz as a potential number 1 pick in the days before the draft (link below)

http://www.nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft

Ironically that mock draft had us taking Gobert at 29 - now that would have been nice!
I agree that Gobert's the only center in that draft who's definitely better than Len. And I still hold out hope Len can be a very nice player for us, as he's shown in flashes.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Cap wrote:GSW comes back from down 13 to trail by 5 at the half. Curry shooting 2-7 FG.
Warriors have done incredibly well to weather the storm and only be 5 down

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Wooooooowwww!!! :o :shock:

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

That was an insane comeback by the Warriors!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What a game. Epic game 7 coming up!

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I think GSW is going to run away with game 7. I think this game knocked the wind out of OKC. I don't think they'll be able to get over the fact that they let this one slip away.

"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

I watched this game just now and it was awesome!
Some of my thoughts:
Thompson - slow(ish) start but then went batshit crazy. (I think he started 1/5 from 3, ended 11/18, crazy...)
Curry - even slower start but very clutch at the end, with nice steals to seal it.
Iguodala - heroic defense in the end with three straight deflections/steals.
The rest - completely timid on offense, the whole team was outmatched in the paint on both sides.
Westbrook & Durant were 20/58 from the field, but it didn't feel to me they had a bad shooting night. They just shoot a ton of hard shots and carry their offense hard.
Okc played manic defense (all Warriors looked scared on their layup attempts), if not for Thompson going off they win this one easily.

Looking forward to game 7 :)