TRADE: Ayton/Camara for Nurkic/Allen/Little/Johnson

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: TRADE: Ayton/Camara for Nurkic/Allen/Little/Johnson

Post by Split T »

Also, if we do keep Allen and Little, I’d guess we trade Keon Johnson to someone who will just absorb his salary and send us draft compensation. Ish probably gets cut.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I'd feel a lot better about the trade if we rid ourselves of Grayson Allen. Just a guy who is impossible to root for. He's been a part of many dirty plays at every level. Just a trash human being. His stats are pretty good which speaks to what kind of guy he is to be traded that many times. Whiny little bitch. The white Patrick Beverley.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I'm sure Nurkic will be the glue guy we needed at center but feels like we should have gotten more. Nassir Little is the guy I'm most excited about.

I've literally never heard of Keon Johnson.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Here’s the roster:

Guards: Book, Beal, Gordon, Allen, Goodwin, Lee
Wings: KD, KBD, Yuta, Little, Okogie
Bigs: Nurkic, Eubanks, Metu, Bol

Honestly really deep. Be interesting to see how the Little/Okogie/Allen/Yuta spots work out

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:19 pm
Wow. Crazy trade. Don’t love the return, felt he was more valuable than that but shows you what his team and the rest of the league thought of him. I do think nurkic is a better fit.

So glad I never have to cheer for DA again
It’s the Devin Booker revenge game I look forward to seeing against the Blazers.

Split T

Post by Split T »

djy2j wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:54 pm
I'm sure Nurkic will be the glue guy we needed at center but feels like we should have gotten more. Nassir Little is the guy I'm most excited about.

I've literally never heard of Keon Johnson.
We’ll be his 3rd team in 3 years…drafted by Clippers and traded later to Blazers. We’ll see if he even plays for us. Though I assume we included him in the trade for a reason.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:04 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wow. Crazy trade. Don’t love the return, felt he was more valuable than that but shows you what his team and the rest of the league thought of him. I do think nurkic is a better fit.

It’s the Devin Booker revenge game I look forward to seeing against the Blazers.
Wait until you see Ayton dunk the ball every time he has a chance just to spite us.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:13 pm

???? Lol
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

A view from the other side.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:07 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:04 pm
specialsauce wrote:

Wait until you see Ayton dunk the ball every time he has a chance just to spite us.
If anyone can unlock DA, it's Chauncey Billups.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:09 pm
A view from the other side.

Pfft. They don't even know how to spell his name.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

3TheHardaway wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:44 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they're still working to move Jrue elsewhere, this trade won't be finalized?

I think I'll be surprised if all 4 players land in Phoenix once finalized.

I think in terms of talent Nurkic is a significant downgrade, however, I don't think I realized how reliable he was from 3, and how well he can operate from the high post in terms of finding cutters or guys coming off screens. If you watch any film of him, you'll also notice that he doesn't duck contact unlike DA (I scolded by the wife too many times yelling "YOURE THE BIGGEST DUDE ON THE FLOOR, STOP FADING AWAY YOU MONUMENTAL P****).

His matchup against Jokic from December last season provides some optimism; he bodied Jokic and Gordon, finished through contact, and his ability to space the floor on pick-pop causes Jokic to have to run a bit more on defense than he would like.

Nurkic alone will change the dynamic going against Denver, and if guys are healthy, that's really the hardest match-up I can see out west. I don't buy the Lakers adding Gabe and Prince as being needle moving. Clippers haven't done much, Warriors will be worse. Kings will be interesting, but you don't exactly need dominant post play to frustrate Sabonis.

Milwaukee is scary as hell on paper now. We have nothing to throw in Giannis's way like Miami, Boston can.

Can't wait to actually start the season.

Very astute observations; I see things very much the same way.

I may be naive, but in my mind I see Nuric as our version of Draymond; set screens and be the go-between for our stars.

At least that's how I would use him

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:11 pm
Allen is good…he’s just a punk and quite dirty…though most of the dirty stuff is in the past

So was Crowder, but most seem to love him.
Allen has such physical limitations that he needed to learn to use those tactics; belive me I've met many a guy like him while playing ball.
A player like that is great to have to instigate against other teams; won't work again strong willed opponents, but the Ayton's of the league will be in trouble.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Allen for McConnell works straight up but not sure why the Pacers do that unless they end up trading Hield. I'm over here brainstorming ways to get rid of Allen. I hate him.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

djy2j wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:32 pm
Allen for McConnell works straight up but not sure why the Pacers do that unless they end up trading Hield. I'm over here brainstorming ways to get rid of Allen. I hate him.
I’m with you dude. I can’t cheer for him. And I don’t believe James Jones would want someone like him on his team. There has to be someone who might want him—perhaps a contender. And we do need a point guard.

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

djy2j wrote:

I don't think you'll hate him when he's helping the team win.

*if he's kept*

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Bucktastic365 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:41 pm
djy2j wrote:

I don't think you'll hate him when he's helping the team win.

*if he's kept*
I don't think he'll matter that much. Even if he does I will still hate him. Sorry. My mind is made up. I watched multiple instances at Duke that made me cringe. Ok, he was immature. Sometimes kids make poor choices. Then I watched multiple instances in the NBA that me me cringe. I can't do it. To give you even more detail, if he hit a game winning shot for the Suns I probably wouldn't even flinch. I'd honestly probably freeze up and stand there emotionless for a few seconds then mutter something inaudible. That's how done I am with him.

EDIT: I feel the exact same way about PatBev and Dillon Brooks.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:59 pm
3TheHardaway wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:44 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they're still working to move Jrue elsewhere, this trade won't be finalized?

I think I'll be surprised if all 4 players land in Phoenix once finalized.

I think in terms of talent Nurkic is a significant downgrade, however, I don't think I realized how reliable he was from 3, and how well he can operate from the high post in terms of finding cutters or guys coming off screens. If you watch any film of him, you'll also notice that he doesn't duck contact unlike DA (I scolded by the wife too many times yelling "YOURE THE BIGGEST DUDE ON THE FLOOR, STOP FADING AWAY YOU MONUMENTAL P****).

His matchup against Jokic from December last season provides some optimism; he bodied Jokic and Gordon, finished through contact, and his ability to space the floor on pick-pop causes Jokic to have to run a bit more on defense than he would like.

Nurkic alone will change the dynamic going against Denver, and if guys are healthy, that's really the hardest match-up I can see out west. I don't buy the Lakers adding Gabe and Prince as being needle moving. Clippers haven't done much, Warriors will be worse. Kings will be interesting, but you don't exactly need dominant post play to frustrate Sabonis.

Milwaukee is scary as hell on paper now. We have nothing to throw in Giannis's way like Miami, Boston can.

Can't wait to actually start the season.
I appreciate the reminder. No more forehead vein popping "DUNK THE BALL!!!" from me.
Not so fast:

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I don't think James Jones is a very good negotiator.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

The fact this deal resulted in a three-team trade, and with Phoenix as the third party, does not come as a surprise. Much of the league was aware of Portland’s interest in swapping center Jusuf Nurkić for Ayton, sources said. The Suns also had lengthy conversations throughout last season with the Bucks regarding Jae Crowder trade frameworks, sources said, as Phoenix personnel conducted due diligence on Grayson Allen, who’s now finally heading to the Suns as part of this mega-deal.

Phoenix continues to spend, second apron be damned. While the entire NBA is steering away from the new collective bargaining agreement’s imposing limitations, the Suns actually added $1.3 million in salary and $4.8 million in luxury tax payments by taking on Nurkić, plus Allen, young swingman Nassir Little and former first-round pick Keon Johnson. The Suns, at this early juncture, are expected to waive Johnson and Ish Wainwright, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Phoenix included second-round pick Toumani Camara with its outgoing package in part to maintain the roster flexibility for Jordan Goodwin, the only point guard on the Suns’ roster and a close friend of Bradley Beal’s following their season together in Washington.

Phoenix surely looks at the departure of Ayton as addition by subtraction, not to mention the added depth to a roster that was full of four hefty contracts and minimum deals. The fissures between Ayton and Suns personnel began under former coach Monty Williams, sources said, and seemed headed for further frustrations as the former No. 1 pick was undoubtedly headed to a more limited role behind Beal, Devin Booker and Kevin Durant. Phoenix leadership was not sold on Ayton’s consistency and ability to impact winning amid this franchise’s expensive title chase. Various Suns figures were eager for a change of direction, sources said, from players to front office members, despite new coach Frank Vogel’s opportunity to mold Ayton into a defensive anchor.