Suns News: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by INFORMER »

Gladiator wrote:Here's quite a long article about Archie Goodwin and Alex Len, and the importance of this summer for their progression.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/summer-wor ... oodwin-len
Would have been nice to hear Alex Len being in the gym.

Both players have talent; hopefully they take a significant step next year. The tough thing is that it appears Goodwin is ahead of Len, while it's Len who the Suns need the most from.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Gladiator wrote:Here's quite a long article about Archie Goodwin and Alex Len, and the importance of this summer for their progression.

Both players have talent; hopefully they take a significant step next year. The tough thing is that it appears Goodwin is ahead of Len, while it's Len who the Suns need the most from.
It just seemed that for this article, Len wasn't available for a quote. I believe though that he's stated, previously and quite recently, that he's staying in Phoenix, working on his game, getting stronger, and playing as much pick-up ball as possible to get used to the speed.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Yes, Len has said that he won't be going back to Ukraine this summer and will stay in Phoenix. The main thing will be getting fully healthy and regaining his mobility. That alone will probably make him a rotation player.

carey

Re: 2014-15 Phoenix Suns salary cap landscape

Post by carey »

My 2 all-time favorite players & Suns.

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Re: 2014-15 Phoenix Suns salary cap landscape

Post by TOO »

That pic needs some Majerle.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:

instead of the D-League, i wonder if NBA allows teams to loan players to other clubs in other countries. Like i'd rather see Len play in the Chinese basketball league for one year so he'll gain confidence in his scoring abilities while the suns make some money along the way. Because i dont want to see Len end up becoming the white Kendrick Perkins and the suns playing 4 on 5 on offense while he is on the court.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Yes, Len has said that he won't be going back to Ukraine this summer and will stay in Phoenix. The main thing will be getting fully healthy and regaining his mobility. That alone will probably make him a rotation player.
yeah, not a good idea to go back to ukraine for now. ;)

SDC

Post by SDC »

if the bulls amnesty boozer, he'd be a cheap addition to bolster the suns frontline.

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post ... -next-step

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

No thanks. I'd rather play Kieff.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Melo to the Bulls just makes too much sense. If he turns down some money from the Knicks that looks like an ideal landing spot for his career IMO.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I'd gladly help the Bulls get it done by taking Gibson. Maybe even Gibson+Dunleavy.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

They're looking to deal Boozer.

I'd send them the Morris Twins for Boozer and a couple of 1st rounders. But McDonough isn't looking to burden the team with more rookies.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I so wouldn't trade the Morrii for Boozer.

sunset rubdown

Post by sunset rubdown »

So, INF, you would pay 17 mil and Morris twins for a couple of late firsts?

Boozer would do nothing major for us on the court and I don`t believe Bulls will find takers for him.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

sunset rubdown wrote:So, INF, you would pay 17 mil and Morris twins for a couple of late firsts?
It's not late firsts; the Bulls have two top 20 picks. But you're right, the money is more significant than I first realized. More specifically, I didn't realize Boozer was owed $16.8 million in his last season; I thought it was more like $14-15 million.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

The draft fever is hitting you harder than ever.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Ring_Wanted wrote:The draft fever is hitting you harder than ever.
It's funny while everyone is running the the other way after overhyping the 2014 draft, I'm just now starting to really love it. A lot of people were looking for franchise-saviors, but I've never believed in putting that on one individual prospect. "They" were wrong about how good the top talent is, BUT, what's becoming obvious is that there is a ridiculous number of really good prospects in this draft, all the way into the second round. I don't remember a draft that was this loaded with talent in the top 40.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I don't know if "everyone" is running the other way, but people seem to have overrated or had unrealistic expectations I should say for Parker and Wiggins. But the fact nobody was willing to give a 1st at the deadline means GMs still think highly of this draft.

I do love this draft. I may disagree with you about last yrs draft (Only 3 rookies are actually contributing to teams playoff rotations...well before The Bobcats were eliminated) But agree on this one. That's why I didn't want to dump a pick in that Gasol deal and was so pleased with getting 1 for Gortat.

I can't wait to be at Barclay's in 8 weeks. Shouldn't be as much suspense at the top, but I think this class has the potential to be one of the deeper classes in a while.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Only 3 rookies are actually contributing to teams playoff rotations...well before The Bobcats were eliminated
Is that really an accurate measure of the quality of the draft? Playoff teams in particular are going to be the teams least inclined to play rookies.
I don't know if "everyone" is running the other way, but people seem to have overrated or had unrealistic expectations I should say for Parker and Wiggins.
By everyone I should have qualified by saying, primarily, the scouts and media. (Smart) GMs will never get too high or low on a draft.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

That shouldn't be the only thing that measures it, but its still an interesting stat considering 9 teams(players) picked in the top 20 of last yr are in the playoffs. I am a believer in not being able to judge a class until few years down the road though, so we'll see.