Booker Report

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: Booker Report

Post by SDC »

i'd like to see this starting 5

bled, knight, booker, tucker, chandler.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SDC wrote:book him off the bench. start bledsoe and knight again. ulis and booker in the second unit
I actually think this would be a good thing to do if the players were robots. Booker and Ulis would play better together. But I think Booker would be upset to not be starting, and he's probably our best player (other than maybe Bledsoe), so he needs to start.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Booker has officially lost his mojo after tonight. At least he hit the pressure free throws. His shot was atrocious though.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I'm not pleased with his shot selection. I guess it is product of taking up the challenge of leading and being the face of the team, but his %s would be clearly better if he showed some patience at times. For all the flashes, he is not Kobe Bryant as he lacks elite athleticism. Brandon Roy, perhaps, with a shade of Ray Allen.

The thing is that he is not in a great position to succeed. Ulis by his side makes a ton more of sense than Bledsoe, let alone Knight. Really, Ulis-Booker-Warren-Bender-Center is how we should be rolling by now. I think we've seen enough of our young vets to know they are not going to lead us anywhere but to frustration and soccer/football.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Brandon Roy's been one of the better comparisons I've seen.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Ring_Wanted wrote:I think we've seen enough of our young vets to know they are not going to lead us anywhere but to frustration and soccer/football.
Then the Cardinals will lead us to baseball, the DBacks will lead us to hockey, and the Yotes will lead us to log rolling.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Cap wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:I think we've seen enough of our young vets to know they are not going to lead us anywhere but to frustration and soccer/football.
Then the Cardinals will lead us to baseball, the DBacks will lead us to hockey, and the Yotes will lead us to log rolling.
quote of the day!
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Booker's head is not right. He commits stupid fouls, forces up bad shots, and lack confidence. He needs to sit for a while. Something is up with him. Maybe all the adulation built up the pressure. Maybe its the turf toe. I do not know, but it is something. He added muscle over the summer and grew. Sometimes it takes adjusting to the new size.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JCSunsfan wrote:Booker's head is not right. He commits stupid fouls, forces up bad shots, and lack confidence. He needs to sit for a while. Something is up with him. Maybe all the adulation built up the pressure. Maybe its the turf toe. I do not know, but it is something. He added muscle over the summer and grew. Sometimes it takes adjusting to the new size.
He commits stupid fouls because he is a bad defender. And the forcing of bad shots has a lot to do with us not having good play makers on the team. I don't see a lack of confidence at all with him. I think the only thing "wrong" with him is how well other teams are pushing him out of his comfort zone, and how bad our PGs are at keeping him involved.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Indy wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:Booker's head is not right. He commits stupid fouls, forces up bad shots, and lack confidence. He needs to sit for a while. Something is up with him. Maybe all the adulation built up the pressure. Maybe its the turf toe. I do not know, but it is something. He added muscle over the summer and grew. Sometimes it takes adjusting to the new size.
He commits stupid fouls because he is a bad defender. And the forcing of bad shots has a lot to do with us not having good play makers on the team. I don't see a lack of confidence at all with him. I think the only thing "wrong" with him is how well other teams are pushing him out of his comfort zone, and how bad our PGs are at keeping him involved.
I am not talking about the "bad defender" fouls. I am talking about the fouls of frustration, unusually hard fouls, etc.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

I've seen him pouting several times a game lately, like a child upset the world is not bending over him. He needs to calm down. Too much too son for the kid, after a poised first year. That's what worries me the most, attitude could end a promising rookie.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Seems like he's got the I think I'm a superstar so I should be treated like one attitude, but he doesnt get that respect from anyone else. Easily frustrated, forces bad shots. Not a a good look right now. Hoping he breaks out of his funk because he's going to be relied on very heavily for a long time here.

EDC

Post by EDC »

When he has the ball in his hand with the other starters on the floor the defense can just sag off of everyone and clog the paint. This makes it a lot harder for him to create and he is getting frustrated. So he starts forcing things and now even his open jumpers don't look good.

I agree that his attitude at times has been kinda bad. He does seem to take hard fouls out of frustration.

He may continue to struggle for most of the season but I'm not too worried. I really do think he will learn from all of this and continue to get better.

Indy

Post by Indy »

EDC wrote:When he has the ball in his hand with the other starters on the floor the defense can just sag off of everyone and clog the paint. This makes it a lot harder for him to create and he is getting frustrated. So he starts forcing things and now even his open jumpers don't look good.

I agree that his attitude at times has been kinda bad. He does seem to take hard fouls out of frustration.

He may continue to struggle for most of the season but I'm not too worried. I really do think he will learn from all of this and continue to get better.
Agreed with all of this. But to me, the unusually hard fouls are not a concern at all, even if they are out of frustration. I want to see his frustration when things aren't going well. When you don't see it, you question the passion.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

...and when his woman starts questioning the passion?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Hard fouls? Probably a bad idea. Maybe try driving to the hole more.

SDC

Post by SDC »

ShelC wrote:Brandon Roy's been one of the better comparisons I've seen.
booker is not good at creating his own shots off the dribble. maybe he's a poor man's version of klay.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

SDC wrote:
booker is not good at creating his own shots off the dribble. maybe he's a poor man's version of klay.
Have you actually ever watched Booker play?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
SDC wrote:
Or Thompson?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
SDC wrote:
:lol: