Around the League: Week 9 12/19-12/25

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Around the League: Week 9 12/19-12/25

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote: Bad form indeed. I haven't been here as often as I would like, and figured you all had seen it and discussed it already. I didn't want to 'carey' anyone on that. :)
I have not complained in ages. I'm not sure I deserve the verb treatment!
:lol:
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Cousins is a little unhinged, but you can never let a player like that leave. Anybody capable of putting up the numbers he does, you keep that guy. A guy like that only comes along on your team once in a decade if you are lucky. They just need to find 1-2 more solid pros to put next to him and they will be okay. If they ever get a great PG there in Sacramento that alone would probably set them up for years to come. Then they just flood the rest of the roster with 3-and-D guys and they'll suddenly be good.

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote: Bad form indeed. I haven't been here as often as I would like, and figured you all had seen it and discussed it already. I didn't want to 'carey' anyone on that. :)
I have not complained in ages. I'm not sure I deserve the verb treatment!
That was not an insult, carey. Consider it your badge of honor.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Cousins is a little unhinged, but you can never let a player like that leave. Anybody capable of putting up the numbers he does, you keep that guy. A guy like that only comes along on your team once in a decade if you are lucky. They just need to find 1-2 more solid pros to put next to him and they will be okay. If they ever get a great PG there in Sacramento that alone would probably set them up for years to come. Then they just flood the rest of the roster with 3-and-D guys and they'll suddenly be good.
Assuming they have stable, competent management. Remember what a punk KG was? I agree with you, but I don't think the Kings will pull it off.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:I have not complained in ages. I'm not sure I deserve the verb treatment!
Carey tried to complain but somebody else beat him to it.

carey

Post by carey »

Must listen to Podcast with Lowe and Brian Windhorst covering the new CBA: http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=18334195
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Dragic open to trade from Miami: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-the-he ... 41943.html
Dragic is open to a trade, league sources told The Vertical, and Miami has pursued that option. An early season swap with Sacramento for Rudy Gay fell apart when the Heat sought Darren Collison, sources said, and teams that have probed Miami about Dragic have found the Heat open to offers.

And why not? Dragic is 30, and if Miami is going to maximize its return on an All-Star-level point guard having another strong season, now is the time. He’s a depreciating asset, a bona fide star, to be sure, but one who doesn’t draw fans (the announced “sellout” of 16,700 on Tuesday was laughable; there were maybe 5,000 in the seats) and who will likely be in decline when Riley is able to remold the Heat into a contender. The value of the assets Dragic could fetch in a trade could exceed the immediate value he has to the organization.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Please send him to Sacramento, he deserves nothing but the best.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Please send him to Sacramento, he deserves nothing but the best.
The 76rs are a good option. They have the need and the disposable assets. Orlando and Milwaukee too. Copypaste from every Knight and/or Bledsoe scenario.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Why are we mad at Dragic?

SDC

Post by SDC »

ShelC wrote:Why are we mad at Dragic?
good question. anger issues?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Please send him to Sacramento, he deserves nothing but the best.
I actually think that an unselfish PG like Dragic could do wonders for Boogie's game. Sac should make 1-2 trades like that and then suddenly they will look like a respectable basketball team.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
I actually think that an unselfish PG like Dragic could do wonders for Boogie's game. Sac should make 1-2 trades like that and then suddenly they will look like a respectable basketball team.
Perhaps. But the question is with what assets. They really have very little. WCS, Bog's rights, 2021 pick? That's not getting them much.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Keep in mind that a big appeal of the deal for Miami would be to get out of Dragic's long-term salary and to better position themselves to tank. So they might not need a huge cache of assets back in the trade as long as they don't take back much long-term salary.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Cousins is a little unhinged, but you can never let a player like that leave. Anybody capable of putting up the numbers he does, you keep that guy. A guy like that only comes along on your team once in a decade if you are lucky. They just need to find 1-2 more solid pros to put next to him and they will be okay. If they ever get a great PG there in Sacramento that alone would probably set them up for years to come. Then they just flood the rest of the roster with 3-and-D guys and they'll suddenly be good.
Right now they're somehow the #8 seed in the west.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

We are not.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:
We are not.
people should be directing their anger at boy wonder mcdo.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Gladiator wrote:Right now they're somehow the #8 seed in the west.
Because there are only 7 good teams in the West.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

carey

Post by carey »

Anyone watching the Celtics v. Knicks game think that Kelly Olynyk looks like a gigantic leprechaun? With his crappy chin beard and long hair? Perfect for the Celtics.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:Anyone watching the Celtics v. Knicks game think that Kelly Olynyk looks like a gigantic leprechaun? With his crappy chin beard and long hair? Perfect for the Celtics.
Haha. I watched that game. Pretty entertaining. The Knicks looked out of it midway the 4Q but between Melo and Rose's offense and Porzingis' defense they clawed back, only to be buried by a three from Marcus Smart of all people.

Also watched the Ws-Cavs, awesome game. Finals atmosphere, even had a lot of bad calls.