Around the League: Week 16 1/28-2/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: Around the League: Week 16 1/28-2/3

Post by SDC »

like i said, lonzo has no future with lebron and his lakers. if james jones gets lonzo, he earns the right to become suns gm.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Still not sure I want any part of Lamar Ball.

carey

Re: RE: Re: Around the League: Week 16 1/28-2/3

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:I wonder if Portland could be a dark horse candidate to trade for AD. McCollum/Nurkic for AD/Mirotic

Jrue/CJ/Moore/Randle/Nurkic is still a solid team

Not sure who Portland puts at the 2/3, but Lillard/AD is legit and Mirotic is a good piece next to them.
Would still need more. A pick & Collins or something. Maybe 2 picks. You're talking about the 3rd or 4th best player in the league depending on how you feel about KD.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

If the Pels want to tear it down they'll want capspace, picks and young talent. If they want to stay the course they'll want a talented big back. I dont think any team can offer better than Ayton. Kuz is an attractive piece but he's a piece, not a franchise-type. We can offer the most talent if we decide to.

carey

Post by carey »

ShelC wrote:If the Pels want to tear it down they'll want capspace, picks and young talent. If they want to stay the course they'll want a talented big back. I dont think any team can offer better than Ayton. Kuz is an attractive piece but he's a piece, not a franchise-type. We can offer the most talent if we decide to.
Shel, we have burned our Klutch sports bridge. Relationships matter. The organization that represents Bledsoe & Earl Watson is not going to allow their client to sign here. I understand how tantalizing it is to daydream about AD but it's not going to happen.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Money talks.

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:52 am
ShelC wrote:If the Pels want to tear it down they'll want capspace, picks and young talent. If they want to stay the course they'll want a talented big back. I dont think any team can offer better than Ayton. Kuz is an attractive piece but he's a piece, not a franchise-type. We can offer the most talent if we decide to.
Shel, we have burned our Klutch sports bridge. Relationships matter. The organization that represents Bledsoe & Earl Watson is not going to allow their client to sign here. I understand how tantalizing it is to daydream about AD but it's not going to happen.
I think McD was the big problem with Klutch, I’m not worried about that anymore.

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:45 am
Split T wrote:I wonder if Portland could be a dark horse candidate to trade for AD. McCollum/Nurkic for AD/Mirotic

Jrue/CJ/Moore/Randle/Nurkic is still a solid team

Not sure who Portland puts at the 2/3, but Lillard/AD is legit and Mirotic is a good piece next to them.
Would still need more. A pick & Collins or something. Maybe 2 picks. You're talking about the 3rd or 4th best player in the league depending on how you feel about KD.
Throw a pick in there. I think it just depends on what New Orleans wants...Adding two, young, above-average to near all star pieces isn’t nothing. This would allow them to stay relevant. If they want to rebuild, this obviously is not an enticing deal.

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:16 am

I think McD was the big problem with Klutch, I’m not worried about that anymore.
I'm sorry, Split, but that's a bit naive. We know how present Sarver is with front office decisions. Players know that even better than we do. Firing McDonough didn't fix anything player relations wise.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1090252125907628038

Stugotz made a joke on LeBatard yesterday that we finally got to hear what LeBron and AD talked about in that phone call last month.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

If the Suns can pry away Lonzo Ball as part of this, they have to do it. His closest statistical comp is Jason Kidd. Looking at the one area where he's terrible (FT%) there's historical data to suggest it is likely to get better. Not great, but better.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Wormwood wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:31 am
If the Suns can pry away Lonzo Ball as part of this, they have to do it. His closest statistical comp is Jason Kidd. Looking at the one area where he's terrible (FT%) there's historical data to suggest it is likely to get better. Not great, but better.
Dunno about that. He’s in pretty select company. http://bkref.com/tiny/Ok1Kp

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think there's no way we are getting AD. But I'd love to see if we could get our hands on any of Jrue, Mirotic, Randle, or Ball. Seems like there are assets to be had here for a team with picks and cap space to throw into a trade mix.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Jrue is ideal. Ball is a worthy risk. Mirotic could be very helpful next to Ayton. Not sure why we'd want Randle, not when we want Ayton to play inside.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

I’d take one or two of Ball, Holiday or Mirotic.....but I have zero confidence in our non existent front office to be able to do anything of note, now or in the off season.
Sad. But true.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

If Jrue gets dealt and it’s not to Phoenix I quit. There’s not a better fit in the league.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

For the folks wanting to trade for Jrue, are you willing to part with our '19 pick with little to no protection? Because that would be the absolutely minimum to start the conversation if I am NOP.

I believe NOP wouldn't even register an offer of say Warren, Jackson, Bender, MIL pick. Do you send NOP Anderson, Jackson and PHX '19 unprotected? If they say no, do you add Bridges and/or another 1stR (better than MIL)?

As for Ball, if LAL takes him for Jackson (and little to no extra compensation, if needed) I am all for it, despite the Lavar circus.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:23 am
For the folks wanting to trade for Jrue, are you willing to part with our '19 pick with little to no protection? Because that would be the absolutely minimum to start the conversation if I am NOP.

I believe NOP wouldn't even register an offer of say Warren, Jackson, Bender, MIL pick. Do you send NOP Anderson, Jackson and PHX '19 unprotected? If they say no, do you add Bridges and/or another 1stR (better than MIL)?

As for Ball, if LAL takes him for Jackson (and little to no extra compensation, if needed) I am all for it, despite the Lavar circus.
I’d move our pick next year top 1 protected for Jrue

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:38 am
Split T wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:16 am

I'm sorry, Split, but that's a bit naive. We know how present Sarver is with front office decisions. Players know that even better than we do. Firing McDonough didn't fix anything player relations wise.
You may be right, but the Klutch clients we had issues with, Bledsoe, Morris brothers, etc. all had run ins with McD, not Sarver. So yes, sarver has player relation issues, but everything specific with klutch clients dealt with McD. I believe even one of the Morris brothers commented that they had no further issues with Phoenix because everyone they had issues with was gone.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:33 am
Ring_Wanted wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:23 am

I’d move our pick next year top 1 protected for Jrue
Same. And I wouldn’t hesitate