Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Drewsprocket

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by Drewsprocket »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:38 pm
My trade and buyout wish list below, broken into tiers (primary targets, secondary targets, expensive targets) in no particular order within the tier.
I would love to nab Barnes for the second half of the season. Love Crowder but having someone with more scoring power takes pressure off Book and CP3. I am still nervous about the playoffs as I don’t think the Suns coaching have developed the right counters to teams defending Book’s spots better. It would seem their hoping Ayton and Bridges will take a leap.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:19 pm
Shabazz wrote:
My trade and buyout wish list below, broken into tiers (primary targets, secondary targets, expensive targets) in no particular order within the tier.
I would love to nab Barnes for the second half of the season. Love Crowder but having someone with more scoring power takes pressure off Book and CP3. I am still nervous about the playoffs as I don’t think the Suns coaching have developed the right counters to teams defending Book’s spots better. It would seem their hoping Ayton and Bridges will take a leap.
Ayton has shown some promising stuff. I feel like he knows better how to beat teams when they go small on him or switch onto him. He’s also flashing some short roll stuff that he didn’t ever do last year. Bridges hasn’t really changed much offensively, but Cam Johnson does seem to have taken another step. Those things plus Booker’s newfound pull-up 3 game give us a few more weapons offensively.

I don’t know if we’ll win the championship this year, but I think this current team would have beat the Bucks last year. Javale could have given Ayton a breather to keep him fresh. Plus the aforementioned stuff above.

I do also love Barnes though. He’d fit very well into the Crowder spot and adds an extra ability to get to the rim. I really can’t see us moving any of the core guys though. Honestly it would probably be too risky to do mid season. If we lose early this post season, I’d expect a small summer shakeup though. Can’t really imagine us moving anyone in our top 9 before the deadline.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Point Saric…we can go Point Frank if Saric isn’t healthy

Split T

Post by Split T »

Takes 5 guys combined to add up to as many as CP3

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

You've basically taken the Suns' rotation going into the last year's Finals, subtracted Dario Sarić and Tory Craig and added JaVele McGee, Bismack Biyombo, Jalen Smith and Landry Shamet.

If everyone's healthy I don't see how this team isn't considered better than last year's.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Ok so I do the In Game trivia on League Pass at times and there was a question last month to name How many consecutive games Cam J has hit 2 or more 3pters

The answers were 8 - 10 - 13 - 15.
I chose 8 and was embarrassed to not be on top of my boy stats lol :oops: :lol: Correct answer was 13

Anyways I remember mentioning how shocked I was that Dort had the second longest streak with a 3pt make at forty something then I think it ended against us but can't remember at what number.

Well last night, Cam has now moved to 20 straight games with at least 2 or more. I don't know what the league stats are on that but it seems like a decent streak to me 8-)

So yea from Nov 24th to present he is 97 of 195. Let's just call it 50%. I had to double check that I calculate right 🔥💪🔥
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Saw this on my timeline

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:13 am

Saw this on my timeline
See above.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Split T wrote:

Saw this on my timeline
✌️👍
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Shabazz wrote:

Main: Schroder, DFS, Powell, Olynyk, EG, Tate, Ju. Holiday, Craig, Hart, Kenrich, Muscala, Nance, Roco, KBD, Thad
Tier 2: TLC, Juancho, T. Brown Jr, Kleber, Nnaji, Lyles, Ibaka, Knox, Roby, Bagley
$: Washington, Wood, SloMo, Clarke, Barnes, Boucher
Interesting list. I would love a DFS or Shroder, though the latter won't be available. Holiday would be amazing. I'm most interested in guard depth at this point. I do think we're due for a stretch where CP3 needs to sit out a few games and we'll have to scramble to put together a good guard rotation.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:53 am
Shabazz wrote:

Main: Schroder, DFS, Powell, Olynyk, EG, Tate, Ju. Holiday, Craig, Hart, Kenrich, Muscala, Nance, Roco, KBD, Thad
Tier 2: TLC, Juancho, T. Brown Jr, Kleber, Nnaji, Lyles, Ibaka, Knox, Roby, Bagley
Interesting list. I would love a DFS or Shroder, though the latter won't be available. Holiday would be amazing. I'm most interested in guard depth at this point. I do think we're due for a stretch where CP3 needs to sit out a few games and we'll have to scramble to put together a good guard rotation.
I would happily drop 3 spots in the standings if I knew it meant we would be fully healthy for the playoffs.

Split T

Post by Split T »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:16 am
Split T wrote:

Saw this on my timeline
See above.
Was trying to show it’s the longest streak in the nba

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

The the players with the five highest PERs on the Suns so far this season are all centers -

Biyombo 33.2
McGee 24.9
Ayton 22.1
Kaminsky 21.9
Smith 21.8
Last edited by The Bobster on Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The Bobster wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:41 am
The the players with the five highest PERs on the Suns so fare this season are all centers -

Biyombo 33.2
McGee 24.9
Ayton 22.1
Kaminsky 21.9
Smith 21.8
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

PER is a stat that leans toward low usage big men, so that not super surprising. Does show that all of our Centers have stepped up when asked.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:15 pm
PER is a stat that leans toward low usage big men, so that not super surprising. Does show that all of our Centers have stepped up when asked.
EVER, dude. EVER!!!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:47 pm
Split T wrote:
EVER, dude. EVER!!!
Haha my comment was directed towards our centers being the top 5 on the team, not necessarily about Biyombo haha

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Yet according to that table, the current highest PER in NBA history besides Biyombo is by Jokic this season. He's a big man, but certainly not low usage.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya Jokic has bonkers numbers though haha

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:53 am
Shabazz wrote:

Schroder is supposedly very available. The Celtics are about $6M above the tax and will probably look to drop under it.