SUNS 2014: Free Agency 2 (new)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency 2 (new)

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Nash and Randle is a hell of a sign and trade, but it can't be done until Randle is tradeable, which won't happen until december, I believe.

If Jordan Hill's second year is not guaranteed, he over Nash is a nobrainer.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Slightly off topic, but I find it hilarious that the Lakers fired Mike D, and then proceeded to pick up Lin, who only has thrived under Mike D's system. They are still without a coach, yet still paying two of them. LA is such a trainwreck these days. I fuckin love it.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'd take Randle as the centerpiece in a S&T for Bledsoe in a heartbeat, but I think RW is right that he can't be dealt right now.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Phoenix219

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by Phoenix219 »

SDC wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:
SDC wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:Do we want Jordan Hill at 2 years, $18M? I'd honestly prefer to get Nash as an expiring contract, let him retire with a Heroes welcome playing spot minutes off the bench, leaving us cap space to work with next year.
can jordan hill defend centers? if the suns get nash, we'll have dragic, IT, nash, ennis. #smallballforever
Shades of KJ/Kidd/Nash... I would love it. All would be right with the world. Can I have two wishes? Please Mr. McD?!
iirc, kj was asked to come back (from retirement) after kidd got injured, right?
That was during the Penny/Kidd days. I'm talking about the first time around, when Nash was a rookie, and we traded for Kidd, and still had KJ on his first stint.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ring_Wanted wrote:

https://twitter.com/jonbloom/status/490225591040241664

I'd probably do that deal. It fills in areas of need and saves us money.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

If Randle hasn't signed already, we can get his rights, instead of waiting until november, right? Same thing with Hill, he only coul be send here in a S&T right now, or until december. I think this is just speculation.

I have no interest on Jordan Hill, but I would like to squeeze one more asset out of LA -at least a second rounder- if we are going to take Nash instead of Hill. Then, our training staff put back the missing bone in Steve's back and get him ready for 15-20 minutes a night as an above average sub. Then you got troll material for Lakers' boards.

How does Randle, plus the pick, plus our own assets, could help on our quest for Love? Not at all?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I believe Love has had his chance to play in Phoenix. He doesn't want to, so it's time to move on, which I think Suns management has already done.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Phoenix219 wrote:I bet other teams would be willing to offer more.... I'd honestly be surprised; We haven't been into signing veterans since Jermaine O'Neal. It really could be a great fit if everyone was on the same page, though. Is it about money, playing time, or contending?
is jermaine o neal still available? sign him up.

SDC

Post by SDC »

other teams know they dont need to max offer bledsoe in order to pry him away from the suns. they see dragic, IT, and ennis and figure suns are set at the PG position.
Last edited by SDC on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Might be a master game by mcd.. i know you don't like him, but he might have played this one just perfectly. Balls in Bledsoe's court, of course.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Phoenix219 wrote:Might be a master game by mcd.. i know you don't like him, but he might have played this one just perfectly. Balls in Bledsoe's court, of course.
thoughts:

1) so far, only milwaukee offered the max to bleds.
2) pretty sure there are other teams that offered less than max to bledsoe.
3) i'm not even sure anymore that the suns will match a 4/48 offer from another team.
4) the suns will not be as good as last year (maybe 5 to 6 games less wins), but i attribute that more to frye's loss than a potential bledsoe loss.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:I believe Love has had his chance to play in Phoenix. He doesn't want to, so it's time to move on, which I think Suns management has already done.
Say what?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

https://twitter.com/AZSports/status/490977657018798080

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Xylus wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:I believe Love has had his chance to play in Phoenix. He doesn't want to, so it's time to move on, which I think Suns management has already done.
Say what?
It hasn't been a secret that the Suns were interested in trading for Love, but would only do so if he agreed to sign long term with the club. Therefore, he's had an opportunity over a lengthy period of time to say that he would or wouldn't sign long term with the Suns if he were traded to Phoenix.

If he had come out and said he was interested in playing for the Suns the way he has for Cleveland recently I really believe we either would've seen a deal done or at least a ton of reports about the teams negotiating a trade. Neither has happened, so that's why I think the Suns have moved on from him.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I actually think we were specifically NOT on a list of teams he was "okay" with.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

He no longer considers himself capable to lead a roster it seems. Cleveland was not in his list either until they got Lebron.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

lets move Bledsoe for Monroe :)
~~~~~

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

He was obviously never able to lead a roster on his own. Look at Minnesota's postseason accomplishments :D

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

https://twitter.com/AZSports/status/491010897146425344

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Cap

Post by Cap »

47 points, 10 rebounds and 9 assists.