Post Your Draft Board

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Post Your Draft Board

Post by In2ition »

Props INF, for taking a good stab at your own mock draft. After looking it over and thinking about it, I can see why you went the way you went on the picks.

I am a little concerned about GRIII, being that he seemed to regress a bit this past year. I think he can be had later in the draft, as his bball IQ doesn't seem very good, and all the talk of him working on his skills didn't translate at all this year. Perhaps, he just wasn't comfortable having higher expectations put on him after Burke and TH jr. left, then McGary was hurt. Maybe, he became more of the focus of the opposing defense ala Michael Finley, but I don't think so. He probably will become a better pro, as his athleticism is outstanding.

The rest seems pretty heavy on Int. prospects that I'm not totally familiar with, so I am not sure what to think about it. I probably would have taken McDermott if available with the 14 pick, then taken a chance that GRIII would be available with the 18th pick.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Alright I gave a very very early 1st rd Mock...

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... iew/67876/

I want to stress that this isn't how I have these players ranked or how I would make decisions. For instances If Dougie was there at 14 for us I'd prob take him, but If were guessing right now I'd say McDonaugh would not.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/mock ... ach-harper

Cbssports had 3 writers do 2 rd mocks.

I think if Zach Harpers came to fruition I'd be pretty satisfied.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sunsfan4life wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/mock ... ach-harper

Cbssports had 3 writers do 2 rd mocks.

I think if Zach Harpers came to fruition I'd be pretty satisfied.
I would take McDermott instead of Anderson at 14, if that is the option. Other than that, I would be pretty happy with it. One player that could produce this next year, another project rookie that could keep working on his game and body between Phx and Bakersfield, one that could be a draft & stash in Europe for a couple years and a prospect that I like very much (Thanks INF!), and another prospect that could be developed in Bakersfield.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Alright I gave a very very early 1st rd Mock...

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... iew/67876/

I want to stress that this isn't how I have these players ranked or how I would make decisions. For instances If Dougie was there at 14 for us I'd prob take him, but If were guessing right now I'd say McDonaugh would not.
I don't know if McDonaugh would pass on McDermott, but you might be right. I just have a hard time seeing him falling to 16, but if he does, that's a huge coup for the Bulls, IMO. I would love to trade the Morris twins for #8 and get Vonleh or Gordon.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

We're on the same page In2.

How I have the big 3 PF's right now...

1.Gordon
2.Randle
3.Vonleh

But I would trade up for any of them. 1 should be there until atleast 8 where the Kings are picking and openly shopping the pick.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

BTW SF4L, where do you have Elfrid Payton in your mock draft? I think he goes in the teens or early twenties.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Yea After I completed it I realized I didn't put him or Early in and I probabaly would of had I remembered. RealGM has a weird set up where its easy to forget prospects, because they only show you like 6 at a time.

Anyways I'd have The Raps considering him with Ennis @20 and the C's with their 2nd pk but as of this moment I think I would of mocked him to Houston at 25. Obviously how guys workout for certain teams and what kind of players they bring in will tell you alot about where they are leaning...I think he'll rise a bit after workouts and may even jump Ennis , but I was surprised he didn't participate in drills at the

I really think either Charlotte or Sacto trades out, especially if Vonleh is sitting there like how I have it, teams may offer a substantial package to go up and grab him.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I have this (based out of my ass)

1.- Embiid.

2.- Wiggins.

3.- Parker.

4.- Exum.

5.- Vonleh.

6.- Randle.

7.- Smart.

8.- Stauskas.

9.- Harris.

10.- Gordon/LaVine.

11.- LaVine/McD.

12.- Gordon/Payne.

13.- McD/TJ Warren

14.- Nurkic.

15.- James Young/GR3

16.- Saric

17.- Capela

18.- TJ Warren

19.- Porzingis

20.- Micic

21.- McGary.

22.- Tyler Ennis.

23.- Cleanthony Early.

24.- Payne/GR3/Nick Johnson

25.- Rodney Hood.

26.- Semaj Christon

27.- Jerami Grant.

28.- Jordan Adams.

29.- Bodganovic.

30.- Kyle Anderson.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Your ass really hates Anderson.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:We're on the same page In2.

1.Gordon
2.Randle
3.Vonleh

But I would trade up for any of them. 1 should be there until atleast 8 where the Kings are picking and openly shopping the pick.
I think you're really missing the mark on Vonleh.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

INFORMER wrote:

1.Gordon
2.Randle
3.Vonleh

Agreed. I initially was concerned about Vonleh's lack of a right land, but I think he may end up being a better grab than Randle, who seems/seemed to have dropped his playmaking altogether.....

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

INFORMER wrote:

1.Gordon
2.Randle
3.Vonleh

Well I think he is a top 7 pick and would advocate trading up for him, so its not like I dislike him. I actually like Vonleh alot and have stated I think he have the highest ceiling of the three, but the lowest floor. I'm probably just higher on Randle n Gordon then others. Admittedly of the 3 I have seen the least of Vonleh, but I look forward to seeing (or reading) how his workouts go for teams. Their isn't much that separates those 3 in my mind in terms of talent.

I have Vonleh in the 6 or 7 range right now, I haven't seen him mocked higher then 4.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think you are right about Vonleh. Highest ceiling, but lowest floor too. To me, this has to do with his lower Bball IQ then the others right now. Although, it's not as bad as Chad Ford has mentioned. I think he ends up being a PF version of Kawhi Leonard, which is very versatile two way player without many holes.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I don't know. I feel like with Aaron Gordon, there's so much that can go wrong. He's an abysmal free throw shooter. He doesn't have a NBA position yet. I think with Vonleh, he's a sure-fire power forward, and at worst he's going to be able to hit the mid-range jumper, finish around the basket and be a substantial factor on the boards. I think he's more of a sure-bet that he can be, at worst, a meat and potatoes power forward, a guy that can start and score 12-14 ppg, and grab 8-10 rpg.

Gordon, at worst, is Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. He may defend, but he could struggle to be a reliable starter, find a position, and may never be a significant factor on the offensive end.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Gordon's floor is that of other athletes who lack some of the basic skills. He'll finish a cut, score off broken plays, fastbreaks and such, but if you combine that with defense, it's a hell of a role player, especially off the bench. And if the coaching staff believes they can fix his shot, that's a huge prospect.

Vonleh is a real big man with a good all around skillset and impressive physical tools, so it is easier to envision a prolific player even if he doesn't live up to his significant potential.

I'd be more worried about other top picks, like Randle and Smart. Maybe even Parker depending on how seriously he takes his body.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I agree with both INF and Ring. I like both players and I have worries about both. I would rate Vonleh just above Gordon, but it's damn close. In some ways, I think they are safer picks than even the top three with almost the same amount of upside.

Although, I'll fully admit that I don't see Gordon as a #1 option on a very good team. Also, I don't see Vonleh as that either for the foreseeable future, but perhaps later on.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:I don't know. I feel like with Aaron Gordon, there's so much that can go wrong. He's an abysmal free throw shooter. He doesn't have a NBA position yet. I think with Vonleh, he's a sure-fire power forward, and at worst he's going to be able to hit the mid-range jumper, finish around the basket and be a substantial factor on the boards. I think he's more of a sure-bet that he can be, at worst, a meat and potatoes power forward, a guy that can start and score 12-14 ppg, and grab 8-10 rpg.

Gordon, at worst, is Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. He may defend, but he could struggle to be a reliable starter, find a position, and may never be a significant factor on the offensive end.
Finally some sense. MKG is the same thing that keeps ringing in my head with Gordon too.

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:I agree with both INF and Ring. I like both players and I have worries about both. I would rate Vonleh just above Gordon, but it's damn close. In some ways, I think they are safer picks than even the top three with almost the same amount of upside.

Although, I'll fully admit that I don't see Gordon as a #1 option on a very good team. Also, I don't see Vonleh as that either for the foreseeable future, but perhaps later on.
I dont see how Gordon will ever be a 3rd option on a good team, much less a 1st.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I see Gordon's ceiling as an amalgam of Andrei Kirilenko, Shawn Marion, Kawhi Leaonard, Shane Battier, and Kenneth Faried.