Suns News: Week 7 12/7-12/13

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JCSunsfan

Re: Suns News: Week 7 12/7-12/13

Post by JCSunsfan »

I would rather have D-Mo than Anderson unless Anderson agrees to sign long term for a reasonable deal. I think McD would want him too. McD loves to trade for RFA's because he can have all of his options open. He knows he controls the player, but he can let the player go too if a better FA comes along.

D-Mo has a great all-around offensive game and plays decent D.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Something else to consider is that Teletovic started the season 6-18 from 3 in his first 8 games. Since then he's 41-85 for 48%. He's never shot over 40% from the season so it's kind of a stretch to think he'll remain like this for long. That is blistering hot though.
I think Tele's been playing himself into shape. He looked (and still looks) a little doughy. My guess is that he will continue to improve as he sheds some of that weight and gets his legs back to 100%.
Ryan Anderson is a great fit at PF for us. I think he's better than Teletovic and my new favorite, Leuer overall. He's still only 27 even though he's been around for 8 years already. He's a solid guy so it would be a huge 180 in attitudes from Markieff. The fact that he's a UFA and can split after the season when everyone and their grandmother will have room to offer a max contract (not that he'll get a max) is a huge issue. We have to get a positive asset for the future if we move Markieff. As many have said Anderson is also redundant with the skill sets of our other PFs.
I agree with this 100%.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

specialsauce wrote:We don't need other bruisers. We have Len and Chandler. They are our bruisers. We just don't use them enough.
Maybe so. I watch the Suns games and it appears to me that our defense has more holes than Swiss Cheese most of the time, especially around the rim. Other teams seem to practice layup drills with little resistance. If they miss they usually get the rebound and get another chance. Having these big guys that shoot threes is great but, it seems like we pay a price for that by their less than stellar defense on the other end sometimes. Knight and Bledsoe aren't the best at staying with their guy and if he gets by them there doesn't seem to be anybody backing them up most of the time.

Maybe they can improve their defense without getting help. I don't know. This is the Suns and their MO has always been offense before defense. Maybe that's just who they are.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Nodack wrote:
specialsauce wrote:We don't need other bruisers. We have Len and Chandler. They are our bruisers. We just don't use them enough.
Maybe so. I watch the Suns games and it appears to me that our defense has more holes than Swiss Cheese most of the time, especially around the rim. Other teams seem to practice layup drills with little resistance. If they miss they usually get the rebound and get another chance. Having these big guys that shoot threes is great but, it seems like we pay a price for that by their less than stellar defense on the other end sometimes. Knight and Bledsoe aren't the best at staying with their guy and if he gets by them there doesn't seem to be anybody backing them up most of the time.

Maybe they can improve their defense without getting help. I don't know. This is the Suns and their MO has always been offense before defense. Maybe that's just who they are.
I think that's mainly been a product of Hornacek going with lineups that didn't have either Len or Chandler.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Nodack wrote:

I think that's mainly been a product of Hornacek going with lineups that didn't have either Len or Chandler.
And include either Keef or Tele. Neither can do anything to help there.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Yeah, a front court of Leuer, Teletovic, Bledsoe, Knight, and anyone you plug in at SF from our team is going to have trouble with rebounding. For stretches in the Grizzlies game we ran Len/Teletovic/Leuer and that was not half bad.

EDC

Post by EDC »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /77096732/
Coro wrote:Suns guard Brandon Knight received a flopping warning from the NBA office.
What timing. I was just mentioning how I thought he was starting to flop a bit too much.

Indy

Post by Indy »

EDC wrote:http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /77096732/
Coro wrote:Suns guard Brandon Knight received a flopping warning from the NBA office.
What timing. I was just mentioning how I thought he was starting to flop a bit too much.
That's funny because I read that somewhere yesterday and assumed you did and were just commenting on it.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Does a flopping warning mean the refs start looking at you more skeptically? Maybe the best response to flopping is to treat habitual floppers like the proverbial boy who cried wolf.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

How many fines has Harden got?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:How many fines has Harden got?
Once in 2013.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:How many fines has Harden got?
Once in 2013.
See, that's ridiculous. When I watch him play it looks like every play he throws his head back and throws up his arms.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

You can do that if people hit you. watch the video from BKs flop and you will see it was pretty clear.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:You can do that if people hit you. watch the video from BKs flop and you will see it was pretty clear.
I don't remember the particular play or game we're talking about. Do you have a link?

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think the link is in the azcentral link above. Or search for nba flop knight. The nba links to the video when they report they are fining or warning a guy.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Indy

Post by Indy »

He could have Livingstoned Tele there.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Thanks, Indy. Ha! That was really bad and totally unnecessary. Jokic did something similar with Chandler in Denver and got away with it.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Get this stat. Goodwin has made 19 three pointers in his career (104 games) versus Booker's 15 threes in his first 19 games played.

"Be Legendary."

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Talk about leadership... Coro's article focusing on Chandler was great. Coro noted how Chandler's FG% is so dramatically lower than last year in Dallas, and how our centers are last on the team in terms of Offensive Plus-Minus. Chandler said that he was confused by it all, but while resting with his injury, he noticed both spacing issues and the failure by our guards to get the ball to the center. This revelation resulted in an emphasis on getting the ball to Len over the last few games - and the difference is very clear to me as a fan.

Thanks, Tyson. That's worth at least a few million right there. Working on making it worth it!