Game Day: Suns (13-28) @ Timberwolves (12-29), Sun 1/17/16

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Sunsfan4life

Re: Game Day: Suns (13-28) @ Timberwolves (12-29), Sun 1/17/

Post by Sunsfan4life »

The Bobster wrote:They're an embarrassment.

Time for the front office to come out and admit this team isn't going anywhere.

They aren't going to come out and say "we're not going anyhwere" but they know. This season was down the drain once Bledsoe went down, not worth it to get upset by losses anymore. It actually helps to lose to teams like the Wolves and Blazers who we will be "battling" for the 4th worst record.

The recent bad play is actually a benefit. It means we have no shot at a playoff spot and can proceed as such.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

BTW early top 3....

Simmons
Ingram
Dragan Bender

Think it will be important to get into the top 3 this yr (although I think there is a pretty big gap between Simmons and anybody else)
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I may be too harsh, but the Suns possess possibly one of the most UNathletic power players (4s and 5s) in the league. Len is hurt half the time with silly injuries, and then struggles to get his timing back. Chandler is aging fast and has maybe one decent jump in him per game. Teletovic has a great shot (when it's on) but can't defend or rebound while loping up and down the court. Leuer works hard and runs the floor OK, but doesn't remind anybody of a young Tom Chambers. Kieff is mildly athletic, but is out of control on defense, at times.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

"Any Archie Griffin yet? I have it on mute while i watch the playoffs."

Wow. They're going to play a retired 5-9 pro football running back on the team? Talk about desperate ...

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

He's a PHX!!!
Brandon Knight, the alleged point guard, had 1 (one) assist in 39 minutes.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

LazarusLong wrote:"Any Archie Griffin yet? I have it on mute while i watch the playoffs."

Wow. They're going to play a retired 5-9 pro football running back on the team? Talk about desperate ...

But he won the Heisman twice! He must be good!
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

carey

Post by carey »

LazarusLong wrote:"Any Archie Griffin yet? I have it on mute while i watch the playoffs."

... you've not heard her call Goodwin that a 100 times? And Tyson she calls Tyson Chancellor ALL the time.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Who's that, Drysdale? That doesn't surprise me in the least. She knows some history, but is rotten at tracking real-time action. She'd rather tell stories, which brings out the worst in Albert, who makes references to personalities that are dated for even me.

Perhaps the work on-air team in Suns history, which of course matches the achievement level of the team.

WE ARE P-H-X!!!!
Last edited by LazarusLong on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Other than that, it's a wonderful franchise.

It has great direction.

Like lemmings to and off the cliff, into the sea ...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Gladiator wrote:This is a potentially very important game for the end of season standings. It's crucial we don't mess things up by winning
No issues there. Man, you know you're bad when you get embarrassed by the TWolves! There is no floor with this team.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

LazarusLong wrote:He's a PHX!!!
And 6 turnovers! But he did manage to get 20 shots up, so there's that I guess

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Superbone wrote:
Gladiator wrote:This is a potentially very important game for the end of season standings. It's crucial we don't mess things up by winning
No issues there. Man, you know you're bad when you get embarrassed by the TWolves! There is no floor with this team.
It is crazy how far they've fallen, but it's for the best long term....hopefully!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Gladiator wrote:
Anybody else notice in the first couple minutes of the game Knight avoided throwing the ball to a wide open Booker for three and instead threw the ball cross court to Tucker behind the three point line?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

The performance and effort by the veterans on this team is really shameful. They're stealing money.

Also, the coaching staff - Kieff throws a towel at his coach and is back in the starting lineup in short order (despite doing nothing on the court to earn it). Archie has one bad game after two good ones and is back in the doghouse.

If McDonough gives his rote "we're only X games out" shpiel tomorrow....

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote: If McDonough gives his rote "we're only X games out" shpiel tomorrow....
That talk will probably soon be replaced with something like, "Well, you're going to struggle when you're missing one of the top point guards in the league..."
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SDC

Post by SDC »

i really believe his mentor ainge will come to mcdo's rescue again if he has difficulty shipping keef out of phx.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Superbone wrote:
Bottomless. You think playing the ugliest and dumbest ball in the league can't be topped. Then a loss to the 76rs. Then the Lakers destroy you. Then you collide with the other 1-9 team over the last 10 games and they win by 30. Bottomless...

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Shabazz wrote:The performance and effort by the veterans on this team is really shameful. They're stealing money.

Also, the coaching staff - Kieff throws a towel at his coach and is back in the starting lineup in short order (despite doing nothing on the court to earn it). Archie has one bad game after two good ones and is back in the doghouse.

If McDonough gives his rote "we're only X games out" shpiel tomorrow....
The worst part is the lack of team cohesion. They don't have anyone's back on defense and they don't even try to hide that all they want is to take their turn at scoring.

As for McD, Bledsoe's injury actually makes things easier for him. It should allow him to go away from the futile goal of winning now with this group and is the perfect excuse to trade away the vets for cents on the dollar with no pressure to get inmediate results. Once the vets are gone, let's see what kind of basketball Hornacek gets the remaining pieces to play, then you make a decision on his future (probably gone anyway). He needs to flush this season already like it is 2012-13, no ifs, no excuses.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Superbone wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
Anybody else notice in the first couple minutes of the game Knight avoided throwing the ball to a wide open Booker for three and instead threw the ball cross court to Tucker behind the three point line?
Yep. Booker couldn't get a sniff of the ball at the start, but for what it's worth Knight was not looking to score by himself either. The plan appeared to put things in motion by feeding the PJ-Kieff-Tyson frontcourt. The problem is that once somebody grabs the rock, it is basically impossible to see proper ball movement (which anyway is only doable if the players themselves cut and move around).

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We are 30th in most weekly power rankings, and we pretty much deserve it. This is in a league that includes the Philadelphia 76ers.