Game Day: Suns (14-31) @ 76ers (6-39), Tues 1/26/16

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Game Day: Suns (14-31) @ 76ers (6-39), Tues 1/26/16

Post by carey »

Good job, good effort, Snus.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Blah.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Can we really lose to the Sixers w/o Okafor twice in the same season?
We shouldn't be losing to them at all, but the feeling around here (Philly) is the Sixers are actually a better team and much better defensively without Okafor. His Defense is AWFUL and it allows Noel to play center where he is suppose to play.I think 4 of their 7 wins have come without Okafor.

My best friend is a die hard Sixer fan and can't stand him. I'm not that harsh, but the dude coldn't play D in college either. He'll get better though.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

BTW, did Chandler get hurt? 19mins?
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I'm ok with that kind of game - another loss with a few good signs from the youngsters (Len and Goodwin)

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Archie Goodwin last three games -

36.3 Min, 50% FG%, 50% 3P%, 79% FT%, 3.3 Reb, 4.0 Ast, 1.67 Stl, 1.00 Blk, 23.3 Pnts
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Len, Warren, Goodwin and Booker should be playing 30+ minutes a night the rest of the season.

End of story.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Thank you
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

The Bobster wrote:Len, Warren, Goodwin and Booker should be playing 30+ minutes a night the rest of the season.

End of story.
Yes.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

With this young group and a team thats almost certainly going to get worse for the present after the deadline I legit think we have a good chance at the #2 pick. Brooklyn has an easier path then us and I don't see the Lakers trading anyone who will make them worse at the deadline.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bright side: Goodwin 26-6-6. Phew.

Len 16 points on 6-12 shooting, 12 boards, 2 blocks.

Weems somehow got himself 12 points.

All three of Goodwin, Len, and Booker got ~30+ minutes. Warren got 22, scoring 8.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Can we really lose to the Sixers w/o Okafor twice in the same season?
We shouldn't be losing to them at all, but the feeling around here (Philly) is the Sixers are actually a better team and much better defensively without Okafor. His Defense is AWFUL and it allows Noel to play center where he is suppose to play.I think 4 of their 7 wins have come without Okafor.

My best friend is a die hard Sixer fan and can't stand him. I'm not that harsh, but the dude coldn't play D in college either. He'll get better though.
Ish is making a hell of an impact, especially for Noel, right? It is so weird that NOP sold him for two second round picks when they need all the help they can get, at all positions.

Btw I'd be willing to open the wallet for Okafor (although probably wouldn't meet their asking price, which should be awfully high). I think he could work with Len.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Sunsfan4life wrote:With this young group and a team thats almost certainly going to get worse for the present after the deadline I legit think we have a good chance at the #2 pick. Brooklyn has an easier path then us and I don't see the Lakers trading anyone who will make them worse at the deadline.
#2 I don't know, but #3 is definitely within reach. If we keep playing .20% ball, the Nets will end up with more wins.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Ring_Wanted wrote: Ish is making a hell of an impact, especially for Noel, right? It is so weird that NOP sold him for two second round picks when they need all the help they can get, at all positions.
Also weird that Philly didn't bring him back at the minimum when he was available this summer (considering how well he played for them last year) and then had to give up two second round picks for him.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Was not a fan of Hornacek in this game. Sooo much PJ Tucker (33 minutes through 3 quarters - barf), even though he was getting schooled by Covington and bricking all of his shots (the assists were nice). What's it going to take for Hornacek to realize he's usually not a net positive out there despite all the hustle?

Also, taking out Archie when he picked up his 4th early in the 3rd. That's a time when you let the player play through it. Sixers upped there lead and by the time Archie came back it was too late.

On a macro level, Archie has been this talented all year, yet he's been absolutely buried behind some craptastic combination of Price and Weems. He's got the shortest leash on the team and if Price hadn't hurt his toe, he'd still be rotting. What does Hornacek have against him?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I didn't see the game, nor have I seen many all year. From what has been described, I wouldn't be surprised if the rotations were created just to lose. Make it look like we are trying to win, only to be sabotaged internally. Granted, I would rather throw away this season and win the lottery this year.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

It's a kick in the dick to get swept by the Sixers. I know the eye is on the lottery pick but if we're going to lose do it the right way. I am a fan of Tucker's hustle but last night he was just murdering his own team and couldn't guard anyone.

OK, I realize Markieff was home so we have to trot him out there but are we done playing him until we trade him? My God this dude is worthless. There must be no GM willing to budge on taking him else how do you hang on to this guy? I'd rather have a D-League guy out there trying to prove himself instead of him. At this point you are deflating whatever value he may still have by playing him. We're going to have to sit him and hope to play the angle that teams haven't seen him in so long that they are intrigued by how well he MIGHT play on a different team
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

djy2j wrote:It's a kick in the dick to get swept by the Sixers. I know the eye is on the lottery pick but if we're going to lose do it the right way. I am a fan of Tucker's hustle but last night he was just murdering his own team and couldn't guard anyone.

OK, I realize Markieff was home so we have to trot him out there but are we done playing him until we trade him? My God this dude is worthless. There must be no GM willing to budge on taking him else how do you hang on to this guy? I'd rather have a D-League guy out there trying to prove himself instead of him. At this point you are deflating whatever value he may still have by playing him. We're going to have to sit him and hope to play the angle that teams haven't seen him in so long that they are intrigued by how well he MIGHT play on a different team
We have to play Markieff because we have a short roster right now. He is a body to throw out there.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:Was not a fan of Hornacek in this game. Sooo much PJ Tucker (33 minutes through 3 quarters - barf), even though he was getting schooled by Covington and bricking all of his shots (the assists were nice). What's it going to take for Hornacek to realize he's usually not a net positive out there despite all the hustle?

Also, taking out Archie when he picked up his 4th early in the 3rd. That's a time when you let the player play through it. Sixers upped there lead and by the time Archie came back it was too late.

On a macro level, Archie has been this talented all year, yet he's been absolutely buried behind some craptastic combination of Price and Weems. He's got the shortest leash on the team and if Price hadn't hurt his toe, he'd still be rotting. What does Hornacek have against him?
So most of this is conjecture, because I don't have any insider info, but if I had to guess for both, they are related. I get the impression that PJ is more of an old-school guy that listens to and respects his coach, and tries hard (even if he is ineffective). Archie seems like a guy that doesn't listen or respect his coach (even if he tries hard and is effective). These guys spend a lot of time together besides the 2.5 hours during games, and I don't think anyone outside of Robot and Saucey genuinely think Hornacek is stupid. So there is something going on.

And I know this might not count for much, but Casey Jacobson played with PJ in Germany, and he regularly talks about what a great teammate he was there.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Being a "great teammate" doesn't mean shit though once you're out on the court.