Is Devin Booker a Serious Candidate for Rookie of the Year?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Is Devin Booker a Serious Candidate for Rookie of the Ye

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Can't pay too much attention to advanced stats when you are a tanking team with a revolving door for a rotation and a myriad of injuries. For now I am more than glad that Booker has trascended his projected status as spot up 3pt shooter role player. Certainly living up to the bill of best shooter in the draft, but he is also displaying ability to make plays and IQ and maturity way beyond his age. No shot at ROY though, KAT has it secured, but 1st Rookie Team should happen.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Getting a player at 13 that should have gone top 5 is a good thing.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Booker was the right pick. He was also the obvious pick. Check out the draft day thread; everybody here was saying Booker was the guy to take. If that makes McD a great GM, then we should all have GM jobs.

What we can say about him is that he's made it through three drafts without really screwing up. Not every GM in the league can do that.

carey

Post by carey »

Cap wrote:Booker was the right pick. He was also the obvious pick. Check out the draft day thread; everybody here was saying Booker was the guy to take. If that makes McD a great GM, then we should all have GM jobs.

What we can say about him is that he's made it through three drafts without really screwing up. Not every GM in the league can do that.
I wrote this on BSotS today, but this is a bigtime "careful what you wish for" situation. Is McDonough the savior we all maybe thought he was after that first off season? No. But with Sarver's penchant for penny penching on front office hires we could just as easily wind up with another Lance Blanks or even a Billy King than a Bufford or Presti. I'm willing to give Ryan another season or two. Now if he trades our '16 first or Booker? Peace out mother fucker.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

carey wrote:
Cap wrote:Booker was the right pick. He was also the obvious pick. Check out the draft day thread; everybody here was saying Booker was the guy to take. If that makes McD a great GM, then we should all have GM jobs.

I wrote this on BSotS today, but this is a bigtime "careful what you wish for" situation. Is McDonough the savior we all maybe thought he was after that first off season? No. But with Sarver's penchant for penny penching on front office hires we could just as easily wind up with another Lance Blanks or even a Billy King than a Bufford or Presti. I'm willing to give Ryan another season or two. Now if he trades our '16 first or Booker? Peace out mother fucker.
I think it might be good to get McD some help. Get him a veteran coach who has an eye for building a team, not just spotting individual talent.