Game Day: Lakers (0-1) @ Suns (0-0), Wed 10/29/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: Game Day: Lakers (0-1) @ Suns (0-0), Wed 10/29/14

Post by SDC »

hope it's about tips on rebounding and defending players bigger than you.

carey

Post by carey »

I wonder if Horny gets fined for sticking up for his guys.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:I would be willing to sacrifice a place in the playoffs to play the Lakers 81 more times this season. Kicking them while they're down is one of the great joys in life for me.
Right there with ya - if there's one team (and it's fan base) that needs a *huge* dose of humility by-way of getting their noses rubbed clean off of their collective face, its the Lakers.

SDC

Post by SDC »

@ESPNSteinlin The truth: Nobody is this season's Suns

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:Technical on Kobe. He's frustrated out there.
I bet he's starting to wonder why he didn't just retire.
I can think of 48.5 million reasons why he didn't...

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

INFORMER wrote:The Suns beat the Lakers by 20. So what do the highlights look like on ESPN?

Kobe. Kobe. Kobe. Isaiah Thomas 3. Suns win by 20.
We kicked the shit out of them 3 of the 4 quarters. I'm sure all the highlights were of Kobe's efficient fade away long 2 pointer. :roll:

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Ring_Wanted wrote:That's what you get for being Kobe, Lebron, Paul, Wade, etc. The refs need a ton of evidence to make a call against the stars, but that's nothing new.
I loved that blocking call on Shav when Kobe spun near the basket. Replay clearly showed Shav was there first and outside the circle under the basket, but of course the rapist gets the benefit of the doubt.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Nodack wrote:Even nicer to see Kobe pissed off on the sidelines for the entire fourth quarter. Kobe is going to implode before this season ends or fake an injury to get out of being embarrassed night after night again. Did I mention I'm not a big Lakers fan? <snicker>
Last night had some shades of the 2006 playoffs when Kobe was taking all the shots. It's going to be a long season for the bean. Lakers fans still think they are making the playoffs this year too, unbelievable.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

If Alex and Marcus play like that the whole year, then the Suns are this season's Suns.

Here's a question: if Kobe were the one guarding Kobe, who would get the calls? Absolutely ridiculous. That kind of preferential treatment ruins games, and so far the biggest thing the NBA's done to address it is forbid broadcasters from pointing it out. :x

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Xylus wrote:If anyone finds a video of that Bledsoe ejection, I'd love to see it again.
I've gotta credit the guys on brightsideofthesun.com for this:

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

As a Suns fan for 40 years it does my heart good to see them kick the shit out of the Lakers.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

iLLmatic wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:That's what you get for being Kobe, Lebron, Paul, Wade, etc. The refs need a ton of evidence to make a call against the stars, but that's nothing new.
I loved that blocking call on Shav when Kobe spun near the basket. Replay clearly showed Shav was there first and outside the circle under the basket, but of course the rapist gets the benefit of the doubt.
Ugh, that was horrible. But that kind of wrong foul is more or less excusable. Allowing a star to hack and use the arms like axes is a different story. Even if you toung some ball, there's no way you are not getting a piece of the other guy. The NBA likes to make its refs on new stuff every summer. This things should be next, but since it is a matter of superstardom, I don't have any hopes.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Even if you toung some ball, there's no way you are not getting a piece of the other guy.
Hey, what Kobe does in his spare time is his business! :-)

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Only video of the Bryant mauling of Dragic with no call is in a complete game video I dug up earlier - starting at 1:22:48 (8:42 to go in the 3rd quarter) in the video below is where it happens :

[youtube][/youtube]

What the holy fuck is that?

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

yeah cocksucker was all over his back and hacking away at his arms, no call.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

SwingMan wrote:Only video of the Bryant mauling of Dragic with no call is in a complete game video I dug up earlier - starting at 1:22:48 (8:42 to go in the 3rd quarter) in the video below is where it happens :

[youtube][/youtube]

What the holy fuck is that?
And, just forgot about this little gem a few minutes later - Bryant, shoulder down and charging, bashes Marcus Morris. Bryant gets called for an offensive foul there, but the fuck should've gotten called for a flagrant - premeditated all the fucking way. What a piss-poor sore fucking loser - it happens at 1:25:23 in the video above (6:45 to go in the 3rd quarter).

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Mori Chu wrote:
Even if you toung some ball, there's no way you are not getting a piece of the other guy.
Hey, what Kobe does in his spare time is his business! :-)
hahaha

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Kobe is going to be like a grumpy grandpa. He knows he is not that good anymore so he wants to make up by putting more intensity on D, but he is so frustrated and is commiting fouls non stop. Only that the refs let him go away with it, so at least so far although he has two technicals already, which means he believes he is not doing anything wrong. Sort of like Tim Duncan.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Kobe is going to be like a grumpy grandpa. He knows he is not that good anymore so he wants to make up by putting more intensity on D, but he is so frustrated and is commiting fouls non stop. Only that the refs let him go away with it, so at least so far although he has two technicals already, which means he believes he is not doing anything wrong. Sort of like Tim Duncan.
I was impressed by Kobe's offense. He's still got it.

What I was not impressed by was the EXTREME deference the refs gave Kobe on both ends. His defenders would be dinged for tapping him, and then he would smack the crap out of players on the other end with no consequence. What are we, the 2002 Sacramento Kings?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Heh. It's funny how History robs some deserving teams from true greatness.